Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elite: Dangerous

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

That's pretty good, makes working together a lot more profitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I was being offered 10m for 2000 of X at stations I am at full rep in.

If I set the Cutter to trade I can take 792 per trip.

Handy for the noobs in the group, they can carry 2 in the sidewinder and get 5m :pac: seems fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

This yammicks dude drives me insane but anyway ye probably know about this already but here is the latest and greatest money making racket. Killing skimmers, heard one dude making 800m in two hours on reddit.

Don't know will I bother myself and will be probably nerfed tomorrow so get on it.

Me I'm doing passenger missions to Parutis still, kitted out my beluga liner with luxury and first class and making around 65m a trip which is ok. You have to learn to get that huge b***tard into the station without being scanned (these passengers are the secrative type), so the last few km can be exciting:D

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

^^ Nerfed already,they removed the missions.

Not gonna go back from the guardian sites till i get enough mats for the plasma guns/Ram Tah mission so doubt i would have made it back by end of the week anyway so kinda had a feeling i wasmt gonna be doing them.

Usual guff from FDev. Just killing these things without any sort of rebalance of the rest of the mission system,just a load of b****x at this stage imo.

Some parts of the game are marvellous but when you have such a broken mission system at the core of the game it takes the shine off for me a bit.

So got the gauss cannon done,gonna do the CRCR C4 next so be able to hopefully finish the Ram Tah mission. Currently sitting on 8 scans.

Travelled back to bubble for a bit last night to hand in mats for gauss cannon as was getting bored out at the alien sites. Some cool stuff but once you have done it once its a bit tedious,a lot of mats needed for the new gear. I wasnt really re logging,id scan all obelisks,finish the puzzle then relog and restart. Next time im gonna just keep logging and re scanning then do the puzzle a few times before i leave. Should be more efficent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Have you everything you need on board EoinHef? I didn't realise at the start that you need a Thargoid Sensor, Link and tissue samples from a Cyclops, Basilisk and Medusa in order to do all the scan.

Have you everything you need on board EoinHef? I didn't realise at the start that you need a Thargoid Sensor, Link and tissue samples from a Cyclops, Basilisk and Medusa in order to do all the scan.

Had all the guardian stuff,thats all that was needed for the 3 galnet listed sites. Gonna work on the class 4 corrosive resistant rack before heading back out,would be perfect for using it with a DBX,not looking to bring stuff back with me so 16t cargo should be fine. Ill have to get the thargoid bits before heading back out. Only thing im a bit iffy on is getting the medusa tissue sample. Prob engineer the HRP/MRP's on my FGS for that.

Hang on to the Guardian stuff, there's 28 scans total to be done, so you'll need them. I've only been to one of the listed sites so far but have 9 scans (3 from the Col 173 site), but I believe there's Thargoid scans to be complete at the listed sites too. So you'll need an extra 2t cargo rack. 17t total carry for all the items required, 2 of each Guardian relic plus the 5 Thargoid items.

Have a Cyclops tissue sample but having trouble finding a Basilisk. Found a Medusa but barely got away (without the sample), the new instances have a posse of Scouts (must have been at least 10) with the Medusa so it's absolutely nuts!

Ive found no need to carry guardian relics,ie the ones from the pillars,they seem to be at every site. Is there a chance theres ones without them?

I didnt see any thargoid obelisk scans while i was there,pretty sure i got all the ones at Synuefe and HD 63154 bit could easily have missed it,id have to double check,for the first time i actually feel like im gonna need to write down the combos at each site ive done

Aerial recon before dropping in has been handy,i gonna start sketchimg a little outline in future,ive found picking the front to park my ship helps me keep bearings but a **** map would be even better:D Ive got the puzzles down at Synuefe and HD 63154 so i can get module and weapon blueprints with repitition. Finding the
    Pylons
    and remembering where they are can be a pain but its pretty easy to repeat after the relog once you have it down.

Gonna concentrate on the corrosive racks for now,then thargoid stuff and finally the back out to the ruins. Its a long road and when i get the stuff for guardian plasma weapon im gonna pop back to the bubble for a break. Just need 7 weapon BP segments now and that will be done too.

I'm working on a spreadsheet of all the locations and combos. It's a good idea to keep them on board, some of the sites I've been to are very small and have very little relics, orbs are particularly hard to come across.

• Advertisement

Had to go to the ancient ruins to get an orb,was one right beside a structure site so wasnt to bad. Ive been moonlighting with planet scans,mostly for rank,so if i take more than 16t cargo ill have to drop the DSS which is not ideal.

May just take the Asp instead of the DBX,the DBX can only really carry the essentials but the jump range is so handy!

Don't mess with a Basilisk...

444957.png

Got the sample all the same! But f^ck me that was close!

Is this bugged or what....or am i stupid and this is how supposed to work

Decided to take on one of those wing delivery trade missions 1400 tonnes of palladium for 28 million. Happy days I thought I'll solo this one. Found a station near where I could get it cheap about 4000 per tonne cheaper.

Anyway took me an hour and after all that I make only 6 million credit...:mad: didn't realise that the 28m included your walkin' around money to actually buy the fecking palludium. F***K THOSE missions from now on.

Just spotted another beauty

Just kill 231 ships for 2.3mill.....

231 goddam ships are they for real

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Just spotted another beauty

Just kill 231 ships for 2.3mill.....

231 goddam ships are they for real

Its all over the place,as usual its gonna be the outlier systems that have a BGS effect that pay big money. The one thing ive realise is the higher the galactic average price of the commodity the higher paying the mission is for trade missions. Fetch missions are great for rep but not so much for credits.

If you can find a good export system on the outskirts of the bubble i reckon thats where the credits are going to be trade wise.

Have all the mats for the CRCR,now just to find broker to trade them at,its some grind. Hit a 5MA double barancle site earlier,5MA per relog,was pretty sweet:D

I know most already have it but FED Rank grinding in sothis is particularly good atm.

Usual data missions but with taking the reputation reward,started the night at warrant officer and my biggest problem is naval missions. Already done it on PC,was waiting for the right time on PS4

Cant see this lasting though,nerf hammer soon i suspect.

They removed mining missions from the game today too,using reward from one to complete others. Video of a guy earning 20mil credits in a minute:P

Didn't they bring in the reputation reward with the intention to reduce the rank "grind"?

In fairness, removing the mining missions makes sense (having seen the video) that was just taking the pi$$ completely!

The question I'd be asking is how do these things get past the QA process? My own opinion is that the mission system needs a complete overhaul, there's far too much disparity between risk and reward, especially when flying a ship that costs 45m to replace.

Yup its the rewards choice thats making it,insane amounts of rep. Sothis is just good at the minute as its in boom,could do it anywhere really.

Ye that mining thing was crazy,its not even really an outlier,just bad design. Funny though

Id expect them to look at the rank thing,ill prob have corvette rank after 3 hrs of grinding from warrant officer

Thargoids in the bubble, NHSS spawning in Huveang De (not affiliated with AEGIS), start of an invasion?

• Advertisement

OP

I actually dont care if someone buys the game tomorrow and has a Corvette by Sunday. I dont get the other players hate for this possibility.

ED has a serious problem now with either being an MMO or not being an MMO. (I am playing games since atari 2600 and have played maybe an hour of an actual MMO. They are not for me)

I dont know what ED should do but everyone says "content" there is content there it just has to be your taste.

As an SP game if you played as "this is my spot in the galaxy I shall ensure its existence by missions, mining, trading, bounty hunting, fight wars, fighting aliens and keeping my spot safe it would be awesome".......but the BGS could **** over your SP game at any time.

As a coop game this is awesome just ****ing about either by missions, mining, trading, bounty hunting, fight wars, fighting aliens are brilliant, if taken as a dip in dip out game. Lads(5 of them) I play with the best ship they have is a Python with maybe 100m between them.

As an open world game god its ****ing horrific, why would anyone play this game to spawn in a sidewinder and be wiped out by a Corvette? Or play for ages and be wiped out by someone who feels they have a point to prove to FD about torpedoes or some ****, but ultimately you were not playing the game the way they wanted. So they destroy your version of the game.

Narrative is brought up in most games ED has narrative if your arsed finding it but tbh fair play to the lads who follow the clues and find ****....but **** the lads who hexedit the game to find **** then pretend they found it by playing the game.

I dont know where ED can go from now to:

A: Get more players.
    B: Keep the older players happy.

Steam says I have 899 hours of ED, Steam lies as i used to play it direct from the launcher so its a lot more. Only Arma 3 has taken more hours from me in game play time, I do love ED but it always seems like everything is a reaction rather than a grand scheme with a roadmap. 3.0 is great but im not playing ED.........

Other opinions would be super :)

Agree with most of this.

Having put in a good number of hours on 3.0 what I will say is that Galnet Audio has made a huge stride in the right direction in bringing the story narrative to players. Previously I would have largely ignored Galnet and used online resources to find things out. But, hearing the article about the new Ram Tah mission sent me (and some of my friends) off on a quest to find out more and have done a large portion of it largely without needing to rely on online resources. Maybe 5% has been gathering some information but only minor stuff. Compare that to the last Ram Tah mission where more than 50% was reliant on information gathered from online resources. Galnet Audio is a positive change in my eyes.

I've no opinion on the new missions system, having not engaged in any missions since the update dropped. From what I've read it's still all over the place with players largely relying on the latest Gold Rush to make decent money. Something needs to be done about that, a proper ground up rebuild of the mission system needs to be considered. The mission payouts seem to be completely broken and needs to be addressed. One of the updates (2.4 I think) added in a multiplier that changes the payout based on a stations distance from the systems central star. Whilst this was a positive change it ended up being nerfed
    (I hate that word)
    to a degree in the name of balance. We've seen the nerf hammer being unleashed again on skimmer missions. Surely they know themselves at this stage that it needs to be addressed.

Seal clubbing in the starter systems is a major problem in Open alright and Frontier seem unwilling to do anything about that. Drawing comparisons to Eve (I've never played it but have friends who have) - the game is designed and their terms of service are designed to protect new players. If a seasoned player kills a new player in Eve it's a breach of the games terms of service and that player gets banned from the game. As a result seasoned players actually actively help new players find their feet in Eve. I'd love to see something like this in Elite. Players in Open killing noobs and claiming they're creating emergent content are talking complete bo77ox as far as I'm concerned and are just d!cks on a power trip.

If they can fix these issues, which they may look at in the remaining updates this year, then I can see a good future for the game.

Having put a decent amount of hours into 3.0 so far I can safely say that, despite some issues, it's a step in the right direction. But there's a lot more work to do, particularly with the BGS and missions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Seal clubbing in the starter systems is a major problem in Open alright and Frontier seem unwilling to do anything about that. Drawing comparisons to Eve (I've never played it but have friends who have) - the game is designed and their terms of service are designed to protect new players. If a seasoned player kills a new player in Eve it's a breach of the games terms of service and that player gets banned from the game. As a result seasoned players actually actively help new players find their feet in Eve. I'd love to see something like this in Elite. Players in Open killing noobs and claiming they're creating emergent content are talking complete bo77ox as far as I'm concerned and are just d!cks on a power trip.

Unless something has changed since I last played that's not true. Eve lets you do anything as long as you don't somehow hack the game. Eve is brutal and that's the beauty of it.

Unless something has changed since I last played that's not true. Eve lets you do anything as long as you don't somehow hack the game. Eve is brutal and that's the beauty of it.

I believe it's a recent change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I believe it's a recent change

Ah right. It's probably worth noting that restriction is virtually pointless as a noob will likely leave those systems almost straight away. Eve plays very very differently to Elite.

Having said that in Eve in high sec security will automatically warp in and destroy aggressors. That's not to say that if you have the money to replace the ship and the target has cargo worth taking that it's still worth it (ie hordes of cheap destroyers killing a freighter. I'd be cool with system police insta spawning in certain beginner systems but personally I'm all for kill or be killed anywhere/any time.

Ah yeah, it's the same for elite, most players won't stay long in the start system.

I've no problem with PvP myself, just think it's horribly unfair for someone in a massively engineered FDL, FAS, etc to be swattin sideys who are literally learning to fly and claiming that they need to learn. We were all beginners once, let them be. That's the time to make silly mistakes and die in stupid ways, not the time to be killed over and over again every time you try to leave the station!

Be interesting to see how the new Crime & Punishment system is affecting the start systems and whether the introduction of the ATF has made a difference.

• Advertisement

The game is as frustrating as it is brilliant.

Im not feeling very objective at the momet having not got much sleep because of pretty much no lifing this game and work since 3.0 released. Ive been totally pissed off at some of it and other bits ive really liked.

Never really looked at the forums until about two weeks ago,that probably explains my irritability in relation to this game lately.

If i could sum up my biggest problem with this game in one word it is balance,or the lack there of. The mission system is just all over the place. As it currently stands i feel frontier could attempt to tune the current system till the end of time and never get it right. Some of their decisions seem to escape logic.

Its no fun when activities get nerfed by like 95% which forces you to find another fringe case mission type to make decent money. Starting the whole local faction rep building thing again gets tiresome.

I dont disagree the gold rushes need to go or be controlled,but in the absense of readressing the balance elsewhere its just a mess. End up left with missions that dont feel rewarding and adds to the sense of grind.

One major problems from what i can see is that they have baked board hopping/mode switching into a lot of design choices. I mean look at the amount of guardian data/mats you need for the new guardian stuff. If you were to collect all that without board hopping/mode switching you would be driven mental.

I think you were spot on dreamers about there being no real overall plan,it can feel so disjointed some times.

I do love the game,but it is flawed.

Well everybody bend the knee to...... KING CMDR ToxicStarkNova :D

That was he easiest grind Ive ever done, went from a nobody (literately I had no imperial rank on Wednesday) to King over the last day or two and only put about 4-5 hours maybe into it. If ye want to grind it head out to Ngalinn and blast out courier missions but they have loads of donation missions as well to double down on rep.

After every single rank up I was 100% on the next and that included going from Prince to King. For some reason though some of the navy missions wouldn't rank me up only every second one but hey Im not complaining.

Now off to get me a Cutter even though I have no real desire for one, also I dont have the money for one only about €400m in the bank so I think she'll only be used for hauling if anything or cruising.

Im done with it:mad:.............going to have to take a big break or forget about Elite. This just really pissed me off this morning. Unlocked prismatic shields earlier in the week and great I though lets move on to the next thing I wanted to unlock, those packhounds look fun if nothing else so lets pledge allegiance to this dude.

So anyway never got around to actually using the prismatics or installing them as I was at doing other things and said I would just go to founders world anyway to have everything there in one place.

So I rock up this morning to Founders World and ship my Vette over as well and then just check the fitout screen, wait, what, WTF...where are the prismatic shields. Looks like if you un-pledge you loose access to the shields and I should have just bought them when I was pledged.

I am not waiting another 4 weeks to get these shields, I'm out...............

Man thats harsh:(

Must remember that when i go for the shields.

Got the naval rank grind done for imp/feds on PS4 now. Might get on tomorrow and do the imp one on PC. Be totally finished with naval ranks then. Just seems like a waste not to do it considering Ngalinn is so good for imp rep and the current rewards for rep gain may not last,3.0.3 is coming this week i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just got in a nice 85 mil credit and went from the lowest standings to King status with the Empire by doing the Hickam survey to Ngalinn run over and back. about 3 hrs work all in. lol just dropped off the last bit of data when the server went down for maintenance.

• Advertisement

Nice:D

The 3.0.3 patch looks like its been put back till next week. Grind that rank up while its hot!

Just a thought,the game is awesome for new players at the minute. With the way wing missions currently work a player could have an Asp and a Chieftan sharpish with some help. With those two the galaxy is a players oyster,could really do anything or work towards a longer term goal. Nothing would really be unavailble to them if they get creative. I really like this,if they dont get too heavy handed with 3.0.3 i think theres a reasonable balance to be struck.

They need to do a pass on rewards though. The more features we get,which i love,the more issues we get with rewards. Like players feeling G5 mats are caught behind wing mission grinds or that certain activities are unrewarding based on time spent or difficulty.

Make the new Ram Tah mission worth 150mil and watch players do it,ill do it for the current reward anyway but...

Finished the Ram Tah mission on thursday, some very interesting stuff in there, hints at potential future content.

You will need 18t of cargo space to finish it as you need the 3 thargoid tissue samples, probe, link and sensor in order to complete it, plus the guardian materials. Not all sites have them (or a full selection) so you're much better off keeping them when you find them.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Nice:D

The 3.0.3 patch looks like its been put back till next week. Grind that rank up while its hot!

Fully ranked from cadet with the feds this weekend and traded in my type 10 for a corvette. Data missions from gang yun to zhana. The corvette is a beast!

Fully ranked from cadet with the feds this weekend and traded in my type 10 for a corvette. Data missions from gang yun to zhana. The corvette is a beast!

Sweet:)

I started the outfitting/engineering process yesterday for the Vette. Pretty much A rated all the core internals except power plant and sensors,was a little to short on cash for them at the minute.

Optional internals are done,the 7A shields will do till i bother with power play and get the prismatics. Utility slots are all full now too.

Engineered most of it to G5 except the 8C power plant as no point wasting the mats on a power plant i wont be keeping. Kept that at G2.

So next up is get back to around 200mil in credits,get the PP and A rated sensors. After that its just getting weapons and engineering them.

Already have the C4 PA's for the huge hardpoints and ill probably just go with all multis for the rest. Plenty of mats for enginnering the weapons so no worries there.

So nice to fly after turtling around in a T9 the last two weeks!!

I kept most of the A rated modules from my type 10. Power plant is an 8b, haven't upgraded the hull either. The hull upgrade costs are eye watering! I've started engineering it. Need to farm more materials and get back in the type 9 to rebuild the credit balance.

Im gonna run reinforced shields with shield cell banks and resistance shield boosters so wont be in a rush for a reinforced hull. Just have not let the shields go down:D

Havent even thought about how im gonna start to earn enough to buy and outfit a cutter at some stage either:(

Thinking about it i probably should have got a cutter first,it looks to me to have better credit earning potential than the corvette,alas i love a bit of pew pew so went for the corvette first!

Corvette> Cutter

Both are 1.2 billion to fully rate with the hull which costs 400m :D

For both the shield set up should be 6(8 if you going into tank mode) Shield Booster of various buffs with 2 SCBs with say 8 ammo.

So my shield is 3100 with the boosts and an engineered power plant. So with each ring 1030 I have a theoretical shield strength of 11,000

But you cannot let the shield go down it takes over 100 minutes in game to recharge :D

If only playing PVE put in 3 thermal boosters and 2 kinetic as tough AI use mostly thermal or missile attacks.

Be a nice change from flying a hull tank,i bloody love the FAS and not afraid to take it anywhere at this point,but constant repair bills for hull damage is annoying!!

The above is similar to what i have in mind shield wise. Have all the mats so be headimg to Lei after work so hopefully it all worls out how i want. The new purchasble effects will be new to me,i had good rolls on my stuff before the new engineers so havent revisited a lot ofthem yet. Will have to see how these new effects can change things.

The reason i was thinking the cutter first is just for the extra cargo capacity. Trade seems to be the best paying activity per hour from what i can see now so the cutter should be better.

Although im hearing a lot about these "Take down power grid" missions lately,i think you cant stack them anymore so id have to test that though.

Cash aint to easy to come by right now:(

Do wing trade missions if you want cash.

I used the cutter with a noob and he had 100m by the end of his 1st session.

Had the cutter in trade mode for 700ish cargo no shield, all missions were 3 to 4 jumps and paying 10m once ranked with the station.

Yeah been doing them with a T9,solo mostly. Of my usual wing of three one of the lads is away the last two weeks and the other i work with is on the opposite shift:(

Ive earned a lot but also spent a lot in the last 3 weeks!! Theres just not the bonanzas that were there previously so havin to actually earn it lol

Trade seems to be the new meta,im even making good money using the trade tools in the galmap filling up with commodities. Like its literally showing your profit per ton in the market to whatever station if ive visited it,always making some money. Its slow solo but once the wing gets back together i forsee a big uptick in my balance:)

Ive also been gaining as much local rep as i can,i cant see the gains there at the moment lasting. I must have got allied in about 15+ systems since 3.0 launched. Getting rep for giver and reciever is makin it easy considering what the rep rewards currently are.

• Advertisement

An unshielded type 9 can haul 788 tons. It's great for wing missions. You just need to buff the fsd and you are sorted. Much much cheaper than the (ugly!) cutter.

An unshielded type 9 can haul 788 tons. It's great for wing missions. You just need to buff the fsd and you are sorted. Much much cheaper than the (ugly!) cutter.

Im using one for them alright. 736t.

Its such a barge though,maybe a cash cow but shes an unwieldy one:D

EDIT:

So 3.0.3 dropped? Wing mission re balance. I hear they have upped the commodity amounts but left the rewards the same

After my rage quitting a week or two ago with the prismatic debacle :rolleyes: I couldnt help myself so I'm back among the stars (doesn't help also that I'm the worst PUBG player in the world and I rage quit that every time I play it)

Anyway did the community goal this week (first time in months) and it looks like its getting good participation, I'm in the 50% bracket for combat so might get a bit of money out of it.

I suppose you all know that they are changing the community goal this week where its going to be a winner takes all or something like that. You pick a side and battle it out for the prize you will also get a ship decal (gold for the top) might be interesting.

With that in mind Im going to fully finish the engineering on my Vette and G5 every thing to the new engineer blueprints etc. Its a beast at the moment but want to have it better. Im going to put G5 Long range beams on it (the 2 huges are MC's) so it should take the power. Let ye know how it works out.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/418412-Community-Goal-Decals

Trade CG has paladium listed as one of the commodities needed. Those CG's usually get good participation.

Im over in the pleiades space trucking. Good 2-8 mil solo one hop trade missions in a T9. Vette is A rated and im on my way to getting the cutter. Ill A rate that then ill be saving for the long haul to get the armour for both but thats a long term goal.

Really got into the CGs this week, first time in a very long time. Top 10% in the trade goal at the moment. And working on bounty hunting as we speak.

Have G5 efficient beams and 2 huge Multis on the vette atm and is good for long stints in a res. Melting everything around me and going pretty easy on the power distro as well. I still prefer the full multicannon loadout, so much fun wrecking everything in seconds!

Combat CG looks interesting.

Patch notes for 3.0.6:
    *Broke 3.0.5
    *Broke 3.0.4
    *Broke 3.0.3

Thought tue above was pretty apt,they have broken a lot various bits and pieces lately:P

Just a note on the current CG. There's a civil war between two of the other factions currently clearing from the BGS so some of the CZ's are still showing up with those factions. Will take a few hours to clear. As a result there doesn't seem to be any massacre missions for the relevant factions yet.

Just a note on the current CG. There's a civil war between two of the other factions currently clearing from the BGS so some of the CZ's are still showing up with those factions. Will take a few hours to clear. As a result there doesn't seem to be any massacre missions for the relevant factions yet.

I just cleared one there got 1.7m for 70 ships. Cashed that in and now friendly and seeing missions for 8.5m for 90 ships. Obviously if you are going in the open just beware you will get attacked by other players on the opposite side of the conflict. Just barely escaped a vette who caught me when my shields were less than 50, he dropped my shields and I got down to 23% hull! Phew...you have to have your wits about you there are so many ships you can easily be surprised by another player sneaking up on ya when you are already vulnerable and shields are already low.

On the other hand got my first PvP kill :D this fool in a vulture tried to catch me when my shields were low and was already battling a couple of Npc's. I was going to flee but said feck it I'll give it a go. Popped a SCB, locked on with my G5 long range beam turrets (they reach out to 6k...) and still lock on even if hes behind you nearly. Droped his shields, quick! and then let my two huge G5 MC's with corrosive and thermal shock do the rest. I didn't spare him....

I'm going to stick at this for the week it's really boosting my combat rating 26% dangerous now and stated at 20% I think

CZ + Massacre Missions are a great way to boost the combat rank. Made elite in combat, during the last war CG I took part in, after starting out around the same place you are now so it's definitely doable. Apparently they've tripled the ultimate requirement to complete the CG too cause of the long weekend so it's a great opportunity to gain rank and earn a lot of money.

• Advertisement

One thing I forgot to mention I noticed a bug last night in that at the station when I went to repair my ship even though I fully repaired the ship the modules didn't. I went back out the the CZ and only after a few mins my beams started to malfunction? Had to go back again and repair again and the only reason I noticed is that I decided to change and check the priorities of the modules and they were all fecked even though on the repair screen it said the ship was fully repaired.

Logged out and back in again and they were back up to 100%. Just be careful

Advertisement