Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elite: Dangerous

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

G5 long range turreted beams is almost cheating in a CZ:P

Just dusted off another 80 kills in no time for 8m and now top 25% in the CG. Tactic is to just sit in the middle of the CZ and just cycle thought next next highest target. With the 6km range I can reach all across the CZ no need to boosting over to the target and only then find he just explodes. Also with the turreted beams you are ALWAYS inflicting damage so inevitable I get the last shot and the kill. I don't know how many corvettes I snuck in and got the kill at The last minute.:o The other players must be going mad with me.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Sitting happily in top 10% on 16.1m at the moment. Decent money in this one with the massacre missions on top.

Well that was an eventful week….

How are ye gettin' on with the CG? I think I'm going to call it quits now as I dont think I'm going to break into the 10% at this stage with 18m in bonds 25% is going to have to do me. Over all I'm down a lot of money as I faced two re-buy screens for my Vette totaling 76m:( no number of massacre missions will ever cover that... and for most of these missions I took MEF's and the biotech converters so didnt get the full payout.

Man it was tough out there with the PvP, got blasted at the start of the week by a wing of three (FDL, Vette and Cutter) interdicted me I didn't last long. That pissed me off a bit as I though, where was the sport there 3v1, it was a pure assassination. But I suppose you rock around in corvette you have a target on your back. Had a load of other close encounters in the CZ where I just managed to escape. But I did get my first PvP kill :D Some dude in a vulture the CZ on the opposite side decided to take me on while I was battling 3 or 4 NPC's and my shields were well low, I decided what the hell lets give this a go popped a couple of SCB's turned back around and melted him...

All of this made me realize I am total ill-prepared for PvP and my ship is too. Re engineered my shields for reinforced instead of thermal and these pvp lads do not use thermal. But I now need to unlock yer man with the G5 shield boosters which means I have to go mining :( to unlock her first.

All of this and I'm now under a 100m so cant afford too many other rebuys the old vette will have to go into the garage for a while...

I pretty much had the opposite experience (although I play a lot in Mobius PvE Eurasia), PvP is allowed in combat zones though, but saying that didn't see a single player fighting for the cartel.

Sitting on a contribution of 48m. Was taking 3 massacre missions, at 10m each, at a time which was normally around 270 kills. So all in all I've earned around 200m from it, plus whatever the reward will be for top 10%. According to Inara I was top contributor at one stage but between one thing or another I wasn't on and that slipped massively. Filled up on materials for reloads on the multicannons before I started the CG so could spend a long time out in the CZ's.

Funny you mention changing your shields. I've done the same with the Vette since the update. I've Reinforced them now with 6 boosters (even mix of heavy duty, thermal and resist aug.). Shields are up over 3600mj base (around 11k including SCB), with all resistances over the 50% mark thanks to the new experimental effects. Regen time from 0% is approx 28 minutes so it's not bad at all. Having done a lot of engineering since the update I can say that they definitely nailed it now.

Pushed myself back up over 1bn cash and just about to break 4bn in assets for the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Didnt partake in the CG,was furiously credit farming in the pleiades for the last two weeks.

Managed to A rate the vette,bought and FDL,Imperial Eagle and a Python and got myself back up to 270mil. Not gonna lie,was a fair oul slog:P

Meta Alloy cargo missions from darnielles progress pay 50mil for 180t,usually one jump. Like hens teeth but ive got two while i was just doing my normal runs,just checked there every now and then. Waste of time board flipping for them,they are that rare.

Cant believe my cmdr is so far ahead on PS4. He started nearpy 400hrs behind PC but way more engineers unlocked,more ships,more money etc. I think ive only 4 enginers to go and they will be finished. Two i just have the donations to do the other is palins 5000ly and forget the last!

Also my mate who started this with me on PS4,who i totally expected to drop the game after awhile,just got a cutter the other night,he actually was emabarassed how happy he was he got a ship in a video game:D

• Advertisement

My vette shields are 3000 at the moment but my boosters are only g3 so that's the next project to get these to g5. My big problem is my thermal resistance is only 29% eek! But when i g5 the boosters ill get that back over 50% and I should be golden.

I have also a long term project maybe to fit out my FDL to be more PvP but that could be a pipe dream as I feel I don't have the skills for it anyway. Problem I see with PvP is you get mobbed by wings of 4 it's rarely a solo player so you stand no chance or get an opportunity to learn.

Getting my cash back up to a few 100 million is number one though, so it's back to Parutis and dust off the old Beluga and do a few medb runs. (And catch up with some Netflix)

Oh I forgot the CG did one thing got my combat rank up a good few % I'm now 50 dangerous. I hear Deadly to Elite is some serious slog :(

Deadly to elite is a bit of a drag alright. You're only really gaining any meaningful experience from killing elite ships. You still get some from most of the others but its not much. It was actually a war CG that got me to elite in combat!

Think the Thargoids scouts are elite too,been meaning to go over and kill a bunch to get a bit of rank myself.

Also still havent done the road to riches thing yet for exploration rank and a few quid,hear its decent for both:)

So ive started my journey on the R2R's,need a break from the grind. Gonna collect mats and just chill for a bit in the Asp. Lets see how close i can get to exploration elite using it.

Ill be earning good money too so sounds like a win win.

A tip if your doing it,set a filter on the galmap to only visit systems you havent been to before,KGBFOAM still works with it.

To be honest I was never sold with R2R. A friend did it for 2 weeks recently and made about 200m out of it. Problem with selling exploration data is the more a particular system is scanned and handed in, the less it pays out.

First discoveries is where the money is really at with exploration. In my experience of exploration, fly 500ly above or below the galactic plane, set your star filter to A, F, G & K only (most likely to have water / EL or terra planets) and just fly in any direction at all (avoiding the well beaten tracks). You'll start making discoveries in no time. My last trip out beyond the Heart & Soul nebula at one point it was undiscovered system after undiscovered system!

• Advertisement

The beluga liner has to be the ****est ship in the game grrrr. What is the story with that stupid wing??? Got a beluga a good few months ago to do the medb run and I've been taking on those secretive missions and I've done a few successfully but have been caught out a couple of times with that stupid wing getting caught in the mail slot. This was the last time though....got stuck and got blasted also got sent to a detention centre for my troubles!!

Getting rid of that heap of ****...

I'm guessing you weren't in the top 1% of all liners out there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Tonight we (Hammers of Slough) found a megaship and made up a new game... "Just how many sidewinders can you fit into the megaship tailpipe ?...

Then we stuffed in any ships that turned up to watch.

fun but pointless times i know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've decided that it's time to start working towards my Vette. As much as I love my A-rated, engineered Conda, I want the battleship :) Fed rank grinding underway. Must take a spin by Earth too now that I have the permit as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I've decided that it's time to start working towards my Vette. As much as I love my A-rated, engineered Conda, I want the battleship :) Fed rank grinding underway. Must take a spin by Earth too now that I have the permit as well.

Off to Sothis you go and enjoy the fun :)

Would suggest Data missions in Ceos/Sothis Then jump up to 17 Draconis for some fighting then back to Ceos/Sothis to stop you going insane doing data missions :)

Turn your Conda into a JumpConda, can easily get it to 50LY unladen.

Sothis / Ceos still works but it's not as effective following the recent expansion in the area. There's more variety to the missions now and less predictability to the mission destination.

Not a nerf, there was a CG a while ago for the expansion.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Off to Sothis you go and enjoy the fun :)

Would suggest Data missions in Ceos/Sothis Then jump up to 17 Draconis for some fighting then back to Ceos/Sothis to stop you going insane doing data missions :)

Turn your Conda into a JumpConda, can easily get it to 50LY unladen.

I've been using the Conda as a bigger python really - passenger liner and combat cruiser depending on what my wing mates are up to :) (side note: FD need to implement ship profiles.. swapping modules back and forth individually is a pain!)

Have a 50LY Asp-E for the distance runs, and I've been using that this afternoon for the data runs. I've been running them out of Chime/Vasing though as it was a recently recommended run on the forums.. is Ceos/Sothis still better?

Not sure Internet said a recent expansion nerfed it, so there must be one less Fed faction there used to be 5 and a Sirius one which was handy for the Sirius permit.

Yeah, according to EDDB Sothis and Ceos only have 1 Federation faction now, same faction in each. Chime and Vasing have more minors aligned to Fed.

Depends really on what the missions are like in each location. Saying that though, as Dreamers also said, it's well worth doing the Sothis run if you aren't allied with Sirius Corp.

Must go out and have a look around. I recently did the fed grind in sothis but that was just before the changes.

Federation Unite are the only fed faction out there now,there were 5 when i did the grind first time on PC. Its much quicker now thankfully though so theres not as much need to find a totaly optimal place imo. Anywhere that does data missions for a few fed factions will be fine.

I had a spot where the the destination station was about 139k ls from arrival. In boom was taking 20 fed missions to the station for about 2.5-5mil a run even when picking rep as the reward as the time/delivery bonuses now are a lot better.

Saw someone recently claim to have made 100mil going from zero rank to king over a few days. Totally possible from what ive seen

• Advertisement

:eek::eek:

Havent played since the update, must go back.

Just seen on Reddit, Zhana to Gang Yun seems to be a good option, one station in each system offering missions either way

Source

Gluttony fang has a video up of soloing a cyclops in an imperial eagle,someone else killed one in an adder:O

Quick moan :rolleyes:

I enjoy unlocking the engineers and they do a great job of making you do stuff that you mightn't do other wise. Like this week mining for Selene Jean to mainly unlock Didi Vattermann. Anyway rigged out my cutter for mining (it was doing nothing else....:o) and blasted my way through that even got the 10t of Panite while doing it (got a tip off of a pristine ring with plenty of the stuff) Unlocked Selene and racked up to G3 to unlock Didi but this is my beef is the bloody collection of these rares that these engineers want. It seems just a grind for the hell of it because you can only ever get about 12 at a time and that after logging back out etc its just wasted time, normally having to jump halfway across the bubble doing it

Xhie Companions
    Lavian Brandy
    Funjin Tea
    Kongga Ale

Have you a wing mate? If its boring you bring a mate and you can do it fairly quickly by buying them, flying 10km away from the station dump em and buy more.

Wing matew picks them up for you.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Have you a wing mate? If its boring you bring a mate and you can do it fairly quickly by buying them, flying 10km away from the station dump em and buy more.

Wing matew picks them up for you.

Billy no mates here.... :( ah it's no problem just annoying. I don't see the point in it, watching the masters now so I'll dip in and out over the evening. At least it's only one hop.

Just seen on Reddit, Zhana to Gang Yun seems to be a good option, one station in each system offering missions either way

Source

Thanks for this - already up to Post Commander +65% in the last 2 nights doing this run :)

Thanks for this - already up to Post Commander +65% in the last 2 nights doing this run :)

Rear Admiral achieved :) - plus another 60 mil in the bank.. not a bad night's work!

Actually made Vice Admiral + 52% by the time I quit :p Might as well finish off the final rank tonight and then it's off to make some money to buy and fit out my Battleship :D

Any thoughts on where there's decent money these days? I know most of it has been nerfed, but any passenger runs that are worthwhile? :)

• Advertisement

Parutis to Medb is the one I still use and most people use also, kit out you Conda with business and first class you should be able to make 50m+ per trip. Just be careful a lot of these missions are the lads who dont like to be scanned so you have to be quick in through the slot. Pop a couple of heat sinks on the way in and you should be grand.

I have noticed that I think they nerfed it though a bit, I used to get missions around the 12 -15m but these are all gone now the most you can expect is around 9m a mission. still good money though

Don't use a Beluga.....which I was using for a while that bloody thing doesn't go through the slot very easy :(:(as I found out to my peril.

Considered Parutis, but the half hour supercruise isn't appealing to me at the moment. Making decent money doing surface scanning missions from Ziegel Dock in Wu Guinagi to HIP 10716. Again, it's pretty system to system each way. Depending on the state of each system, the missions will vary slightly, but it's mostly surface scanning missions for around 3m each. Good for rare materials too. Bring a medium ship.

Also good for ranking with the Empire, working on finishing that off now and becoming King of nothing!!

Skimmers look to be paying 1.m per skimmer.

Look for civil wars and missions not in the system where you take the 20 missions.

You then have options:

Get a cheap ship with dumbfire missiles and air bomb them.
    SRV in and kill the turrets on a ++ base (you wont need to relog for this as they will keep spawning).
    SRV in to smaller bases and lure them out kill and relog.

Bigger the base the better it is.

Yeah, was just reading about skimmer missions there. Seem really profitable and that's after the balance pass that FDev did on them recently.

The only thing is, now the only way a skimmer kill is accepted in a mission is by killing it whilst in the SRV, dumbfires don't work any more I'm afraid. So best to land, dismiss ship, find some cover, have plenty of mats for reloads and repairs, then lay waste and wait the few mins for the skimmers to respawn.

Yup,hit with the nerf bat not long ago.

Still profitable of you dont mind doing the SRV thing though.

Jaysis feel bad for using the Corvette with all Dumb fire missiles to kill a skimmer who was just going about his business, In the hope a ship would come defend him just to make the time pass.

• Advertisement

So the results of G5'ing literally everything on the corvette is mental,the shield capacity plus the boosters with resistances is bonkers,in a good way:D

Despite its terrible range ive been going back and forth to the pleiades in it just beacuse you can just use it for anything if you can put up with the extra jumps.

Its starting to feel like home:P

EoinHef wrote: »
    So the results of G5'ing literally everything on the corvette is mental,the shield capacity plus the boosters with resistances is bonkers,in a good way:D

Despite its terrible range ive been going back and forth to the pleiades in it just beacuse you can just use it for anything if you can put up with the extra jumps.

Its starting to feel like home:P

Yeah I love it, mine is fully G5'd as well now and the Conda feels like a transit van now compared to this battle ship. One of the best things is the maneuverability of it, just bought a cutter a while back and omg is that thing just like a beached whale, never use it have it rigged out for mining.

My vette might be a bit too powerful for certain tasks though, decided to do some pirating for low temp diamonds heard that you can make good money and it's a bit of fun. Any took the Vette and interdicted this poor old T7, first job take down the shields, done, now disable the FSD to stop him jumping away. I go to the sub target panel, select it, wait where did he go? Oh yeah that pile of proto light alloys might have something to do with it.

I think my array turreted g5 beams might a bit to powerful for this task :)

I joined the Vette Club myself during the week after reaching Admiral in the end.. love it, and was surprised at how faster and maneuverable it is compared to the Conda :)

I transferred some of the components from my T9 over so I've gotten a head start on the outfitting/engineering, but this week will be gathering more cash to complete the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I have the game but not played for about 8 or 9 months. Does look like a lot has happened. I never played as a clan/group, would there be any here that I could get back into it with?

• Advertisement

No groups / clan really but there are private groups like the different Mobius ones. Usually find a lot of players around the community goals who are willing to wing up and work together.

Ah yeah id like that though I do think some irish players would be nice :P

I have only ever played with Interned Friend and Jonksi on this thread :P

As you can see we're great at winging up and helping each other out :pac:

haha

Logged in for a while last night for first time in ages. Took on a good few delivery missions, went around and sourced everything, jumped back to final system, went to dock, forgot to decelerate to auto dock, SMASH... about an hour gone.

Just cleared 1,029,713,296 CR doing the Parutis to Medb bus run over the last few days :) Now time to finish outfitting the Vette!

I made my money for the vette delivering meta alloys.

One jump missions for up to 50mil,there still there,no sign of a nerf yet. Either FDev dont know they ars there or there happy enough to leave them in for the moment as no youtoober has made a video about them yet.

EoinHef wrote: »
    I made my money for the vette delivering meta alloys.

One jump missions for up to 50mil,there still there,no sign of a nerf yet. Either FDev dont know they ars there or there happy enough to leave them in for the moment as no youtoober has made a video about them yet.

*whispers* want to share the details? - PM if you like :)

What's the current "best" builds for a Vette in PVE these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

*whispers* want to share the details? - PM if you like :)

What's the current "best" builds for a Vette in PVE these days?

Was thinking the same , 50mil might be enough to coax me back into this game .

Have 2 different loadouts for the vette depending on what I'm doing really.

If I'm using the vette for mission running, from a base system, I run overcharged multis all round with a variety of experimental effects, specifically the size 1s have corrosive effect (not wasting that on the bigger guns). If I'm doing a CG (Res or CZ hunting) then it's 2 Huge overcharged multis and long range beams (with thermal vent) everywhere else. Thermal vent is great to have if you know you'll be firing SCBs off at all but generally keeps the ship really cool.

7A Prismatic Shields are currently running close to 4000mj with over 50% on all resistances (60+ on 2 of them) and hull is around 3500, although I haven't engineered the armor yet, just the reinforcement packages. 2 x 7B SCBs (both specialised engineering), 6A fuel scoop and 6A AFM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement