Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elite: Dangerous

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Sorry,thought i had mentioned it before,Darnielles Progress in Maia give them. Just get repped up there.They are rare enough but i seem to be getting them reliably now.

The general area in and around maia is great for trading now,nearly all syatems have only one large station now because the goids dsstroyed a lot of them and there still not repaired. Nearly all them are less than 1000ls from entry point too.

EDIT: Sorry again,its Maia not Main,corrected it above:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Havent played in a while.

Wonder whats changed.

Logged in and was in Wolf 406 (sorta home system)

ohh a kill mission for 4m ...that looks interesting.

Its a religious dude in a wing of 8 (pffft easy) and they have thargoid sensors and artifacts :confused:

Be grand I in my Corvette I take out the Clipper target and be on my way before they get a shot in.

270E2454C0DE36715407EB5E006B1ECCD0E562D0

What The FCUK just happened?

Wing of 5 police jumped, Clipper wouldnt go down. I was in my Corvette.

dogma-azrael.jpg

Literally me right now :)

Ha ha:D

Particularly nasty cutter in a wing of 6 almost ruined my day the other day as well,the SCB spam was unreal and with the shield strength its took longer than i felt it would,was almost pecked to death by the wing by the time i got him,needless to say i turned tail and ran after the main guy dropped

3.0.2 added engineered NPC to the game to make things more interesting!

3.0.2 added engineered NPC to the game to make things more interesting!

They were using Alien weapons, they did Haz damage to me.

Yeah it was definitely a noticable change,especially fighting elite ships

Elite ships are a lot more fun now, especially when flying something smaller. First time I noticed was when using an SCB getting hit with rails that, I'm pretty sure, had experimentals on them.

That as a similar to when Engineers 1st came out and all the NPCs had serious **** on them.

Might need to revisit the Corvette load out.

• Advertisement

Elite ships are a lot more fun now, especially when flying something smaller. First time I noticed was when using an SCB getting hit with rails that, I'm pretty sure, had experimentals on them.

Noticed it with rails aswell,hull and module damage even though shields were barely scratched

Rails, although not very practical or powerful, have some interesting experimental effects. Can be pretty useful. I have 1 long range with feedback cascade on the chief. Handy against the larger ships with SCB

Im currently gathering mats to put the finishing touches on a 4 x Rail and 1 x MC Fer de lance. Using a few of those experimentals.

Gonna try use it to module snipe. Not sure how effective it will be but gonna try for a laugh. If it doesnt work my chieftan will have a nice new set of rails.

Theres a bug when PP's get to zero health the NPC's are still flying around as if nothing is wrong so if thats still there it may be no use at all. I might want to switch the MC for a beam with thermal vent but with sturdy mount on the rails at grade 4 firing all them at the same time is generating ~ 75 heat. Probaly use feedback cascade on two rails along with super pen on the other two. That should bring down the heat enough hopefully.

That's almost the same as my FDL, 2 long rang rails (super penetrator ;) and feedback), 2 efficient PA's (target lock breaker and scramble spec) and huge overcharged corrosive multi. For running the likes of assassination missions it's a tonne of fun but totally impractical for anything else bar PvP!

Doubt the PP bug will be fixed soon, FDev have hinted that 3.1 will be soon so will probably be then, fierce annoying though.

Ive plenty of space for the rails on other ships if it doesnt work out so either way they wont go to waste.

Im putting it together for large single targets,pirate lords,terrorist leaders,venerable generals,that sort of thing:D

Feel very at home in the corvette atm though so changing ships isnt something ive done very often lately.

So this is just a bit of fun.

After that want to find ships to equip cannons and torpedo pylons on,never used either!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Got back into playing it. Im obviously a huge distance back from ou guys, im still in my type6 transporter ;) But I finally unlocked the Sol system and have been exploring that last couple of days :D Been to all the planets :D

Im a a bit 'what now' though... im doing the community challenge but im not sure why...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,567 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

xpletiv wrote: »
    Im a a bit 'what now' though...

:pac:

Welcome (back) to Elite.

Haven't been in since before Christmas and was in for most of 2017. But, before that wasn't in since 2015. After they nerfed passanger missions, I just lost interest again.

Burn out is too easy to reach n this game.

Frontier have made a flash proposal looking for feedback.

The proposal is to make PowerPlay an Open mode only thing. Mixed feelings on it. If they move the PP modules to tech brokers i wouldnt really care though. Would mean at least i wouldnt be forced to play it in Open to get the modules.

Might make players do it for the right reasons now too as a lot people just did it to get the modules rather than wanting to support any particular power.

Proposal sounds interesting. PP should be Open only, should have always been, it's supposed to be a competitive struggle for power in the bubble. Allowing players to manipulate the BGS through the safety of Solo or PG seems counter-intuitive when you look at its purpose.

Moving the modules to the tech brokers would be a good idea, provided some other benefit was implemented, particularly considering that they are proposing allowing missions to have an effect on PP. If they moved the module to the Tech Broker without that particular addition (or changes overall) I think it would effectively kill PP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I read that over on Reddit last night. Can't say it'd really impact me personally as I don't participate in PP and mostly play in Open anyway.

I wonder is the whole trolling in Open overstated? It's rare enough I encounter another player (unless in the "hot"/engineer systems) and even then have never had any bother. Now that said, one of my mates did get ganked by a guy but that was once in over 1000 hours of gameplay.

Im personally leaning on the side if its to make consesual PvP in a setting that makes sense go for it. But thats where my support would end.

The pro PvP crowd say its about making better PvP so have at it,but dont lock PG/Solo players out of all the content thats associated with it like the modules and benefits of being in a certain powers space as in ship/module discounts.

Whats gonna happen when players start complaining about balance? Are frontier gonna spend loads of time re developing a feature thats available in one mode only?

Lot of questions,as usual frontier are lite on detail too so that doesnt help.

Its like the squadron focus feedback thread,they basically gave very little away then asked for feedback. How can anyone give feedback without knowing the bigger picture. Amateurish stuff really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Console pleb here. Not a lot of interest in Elite in the Xbox forum.

Wondering if any of ye have any advice on how to fly a Corvette in combat?
    I've read through plenty of threads on Reddit but they all keep asking how to fit the Vette not how to fly it.
    Mine is already fitted to my taste and have installed G4 dirty drives with a G5 FSD range increase.
    Will have to overcharge the powerplant if I want anything else but that is neither here nor there.

Picked it up recently after flying my trade Cutter for a few months so wondering how ye manage pips in combat?
    Do ye flick them around as needed or have a set spread?
    So far I've found having four pips to weapons and one pip to engines and systems is working pretty well until I run up against a Deadly Anaconda.

It's strictly for PVE if that makes a difference, only time I ever leave Solo is to hop into Private with a friend that also enjoys Elite.
    Also it will be for the odd easy mode bounty hunting, I wouldn't be the best at combat so conflict zones tend to wreck me if I don't fly very cautiously.

Depends entirely on my weapon loadout at the time. A lot of the time I change my pips around during combat, but your main focus should be keeping your shields healthy so focus pips into SYS for the strength / resistance benefits, that kinda goes for any ship really (unless you're running a silent running ship with no shields!). I tend to flick FA on/off a lot, the vette has fantastic pitch / roll time for a ship its size, so you want to take advantage of that in combat. When fighting fast ships I tend to stick her in reverse and let them come at me rather than trying to chase them.

If flying the Vette in PVE do one simple thing, stick power to 1 sheild 2 engine and the rest weapons and reverse.....reverse like a mofo.

Fly backwards keeping your target in front, remember you are the tank and those fast flying bastards are trying to get behind you.

They wont last long.

Yeah that is how I fly my trade Cutter in combat. Looks like a similar fighting style then.
    I thought having more manouverability and less shields might change how you should be flying it.

It's the bigger targets giving me hassle rather than the smaller ones.
    Ended up having to bail from a res site because an Anaconda was destroying me whereas when I'm in my Cutter/Conda they are not a problem.

Tbh if something other than 5 ships are destroying you, your load out is wrong.

Mine is all MC with explosive perks on every one of them, I did get gangraped by a wing of 11 recently tho.

Nah Conda to Corvette is the nest stage, you are the king of the battlefied so they should be front of you. Cutter is worse but faster at reversing if you going for that next.

You should be making minced meat of condas in the vette, potential DPS wise it's the most powerful ship available. What weapons are you running? Shield set up?

Honestly, if a conda takes a ring off my shields he's either dangerous or elite or has a lot of banks to fire.

2 huge multicannons and everything else pulse lasers.
    As I said not much done in the way of engineering outside of the FSD and thrusters.

2 huge multicannons and everything else pulse lasers.
    As I said much not done in the way of engineering outside of the FSD and thrusters.

yeah you need to sort your shield and weapons for maximum Dps.

Alright thank you, I guess I'll have to get into the engineers properly then.
    Pains in the arse that they are looks like it is the only way forward.

Sounds like you need to work on engineering the shields and weapons. Pulse / huge multi's isn't bad, I used to run it at first for PVE res hunting cause I had the modules already, but it's not the best. General runaround vette is now all multis, overcharged (g5) with various effects, corrosive on both size ones is the key though. Fighting without a corrosive overcharged multi makes a very noticeable difference in the time it take to cut something down once shields drop. Otherwise, now, res hunter is long range beams + 2 huge multis (both incendiary) that's when I really miss the corrosive rounds on the multis.

Shields is preference really, but since the new engineering changes were made you can get a really nice balance, very high strength with very high resistances across the 3 main damage types. Also worth noting that more pips in SYS increases Absolute resistance (i.e. resistance to damage from Plasma Accelerators). SCB's are a must have also.

If you don't wanna switch to beams, go with the efficient mod on the pulse and get the phasing sequence experimental effect for now. Chip away at the hull whilst taking out shields, win/win, and get used to flying the ship.

• Advertisement

Tbh the engineers pre 4.0 were a nice thing to do, annoying in some parts but they force you to play the game differently and i liked it. I think that was the best thing they did with the game it made you do different **** like mining.

Absolutely, gives a nice taste of what's available in the game (and the potential it could have in the long run). Apart from the mining I didn't mind unlocking the engineers at all. Was nice to be forced to do something outside of the norm I'd fallen into.

The mining for Selene Jean is what I'm not looking forward to.
    Might be able to skip her if I make the shields good enough.

Two things I'm bad at is mining and piracy. Ah well.

For mining jump into your pristine ring and fly 20km away from your start point, noone wil bother you.

I did it in a clipper but didnt have fancy gizmos to only collect what i wanted.

The part of unlocking the engineers i disliked the most was the ones that wanted rare goods.

The rest was ok,i thought id hate mining but once i got the hang of it,it wasnt a chore and ive actually gone back and done some mining missions since just for fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

EoinHef wrote: »
    The part of unlocking the engineers i disliked the most was the ones that wanted rare goods.

Yeah Especially when they only let you buy only 4 rare items a go makes it a bit annoying

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Givin the other engineers involve gameplay its hard to appreciate the most basic fetch type quest that then relies on the BGS to determine the amount of time it will take to unlock the engineers that require rare goods.

At this point ive only two engineers left to get so im done with that phase of the game anyway.

Feels basic compared to the rest imo. Rare goods these days are wasted really,no good for trading and just a barrier to engineer progress. Bit of a wasted oppurtunity,be cool to see them become viable again in some way other than just the engineer unlocks

So theres a bonus weekend coming from the 24th to the 30th of May.

The bonuses will be on trading and engineering. Trading profits to be boosted and engineering mat requirements will be reduced by one tier as in:
    G1=G1 mats
    G2=G1 mats
    G3=G2 mats
    G4=G3 mats
    G5=G4 mats

Forum thread:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/428502-Bonus-Weekend-Trade-amp-Engineering-(24-05-to-30-05)

The way the bonus weekend worked regarding the engineers was a little strange at first,once the community had established what was going on it made a lot more sense. Needlessly messy but it works,been doing a decent amount of engineering,mostly topping off G5 FSD rolls and adding secondaries to FSD's.

Ive all engineers done bar 2 on PS4,Palin being the one ive put off but without compromising ive got a 54ly DBX now,if i strip it down maybe 56ly so i might finally be up for the palin trip again.

I think the bonus weekend was a good idea,its got people talking about the game again. A lot of it negative but at least people are talking about the game and i feel frontier are more open to trying some things to stir a bit of interest,which imo is a good thing. I may actually venture into open in the hope of having fun if power play goes open only.

• Advertisement

Chapter 2 out 28th June bringing with it the Alliance Challenger and (as teased in the video) the Krait, new wing missions and beefed up 'Goid Scouts

Challenger is a beefed up Cheif...more here

Currently being a cart horse in a cutter for some noobs to get money via wing missions, they pay quite well in systems I am ranked in.

528 Advanced catalysers for 23 million. It was not as easy as it looked but still 23 million and everyone gets the full money........

Anyone about tonight with a Cutter or cart horse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

dreamers75 wrote: »

Holy crap that looks good!

If they can get the cliffs and so on in, icy planets will look great.

New lighting looks decent, even after them only having the tech for 1 week https://www.twitch.tv/videos/271209822?t=00h15m23s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Is there a boards crew or something on this? I only just got this to try it out in vr on the rift and it is class but I haven’t a clue what I’m doing and could use some help/guidance.

No such boards grouping but I have played with 2 of the lads who post on here. if you stuck add me on Steam kdjac

Atm I am helping some other new players get some cash, which is fun for everyone as I do without any shields and actually need the new players to help me not die :D

I would suggest you join Mobius (PVE) or play privately especially if you in the starter systems.

https://elitepve.com/

I dont play in Open.

No such boards grouping but I have played with 2 of the lads who post on here. if you stuck add me on Steam kdjac

Atm I am helping some other new players get some cash, which is fun for everyone as I do without any shields and actually need the new players to help me not die :D

I would suggest you join Mobius (PVE) or play privately especially if you in the starter systems.

https://elitepve.com/

I dont play in Open.

Is open where you can run into other random human players?

_DMac_ wrote: »
    Is open where you can run into other random human players?

yup but they will kill you for the lulz, and its not random they are waiting for you in a kind of seal clubbing type of way. The system you are in is a starter system. LHS 2447

Kinda sad I have to post this about one of the best games ever made, but you might get lucky and get to play without the seal clubbers but I doubt it.

AI is a full triangle on your hud humans are hollow. If you see a hollow triangle that ship is a human. They may help you or kill you.

yup but they will kill you for the lulz, and its not random they are waiting for you in a kind of seal clubbing type of way. The system you are in is a starter system. LHS 2447

Kinda sad I have to post this about one of the best games ever made, but you might get lucky and get to play without the seal clubbers but I doubt it.

AI is a full triangle on your hud humans are hollow. If you see a hollow triangle that ship is a human. They may help you or kill you.

cheers for the info. In fairness in about 10 hours I've only been blown up once and i don't know if it was human or an npc as I just started shooting at a massive ship to see what happened.

It does seem like a very interesting game i just haven't a clue what is going on :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement