Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elite: Dangerous

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

There's an overall story that's taking its time to unfold & then there's your story, so pretty much play the game the way you want to. There's a steep learning curve so patience is key. Find a system you like and work from there, learning how the different missions work, etc.

Oh, and never fly without a rebuy.

Krait looks interesting...

3 Large hardpoints are in a tight triangle above the cockpit, with the 2 medium either side of the cockpit. Could be a great combat/piracy ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So 3.1 today:)

In work till 7 but they did mention 9hrs server downtime for the update so hoping by the time i get home it will all be up and running.

First thing for me is to see how the challengers internals match up with the chieftans. If the core afe mostly the same im gonna just change them all over and sell the chieftan.

Then ill be buying myself a Krait,which i think looks great,i love medium combat ships.

Off work the weekend so ill probably engineer it a bit.

Took a month or two off elite just for a break till the update,worked well enough,lookin forward to the update now.

EDIT: Also the requirements to unlock the guardian modules have been reduced. Ill be heading out to the structures very soon to get the last few bits i need. The FSD booster is also coming back so that will probably be first on the menu!

Hmm, not seeing a fix to the NPC dead powerplant bug in the patch notes

Or the masscre mission mission target bug:(

Seems short on fixes but maybe the notes are not comprehensive.

Oooh,new behaviour from the thargoids.

https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/5b34b13246fe331e2f6ca222

Trusty AX Chieftan to be converted to an AX Challenger tonight me thinks,make my way over and help out:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hmm Deciat....Whats there? ....Oh wait Felicity Farseer who engineers G5 FSD....

New ships have been released which will need G5 FSD.

Entire ED playerbase mobilizes immediately

In the end the community had the thargoids in their pockets using eagle eye,very few stations got destroyed and the goids were pushed back to Bhal.

Be interesting to see how this escalation plays out,no new thargoids reported yet other than the new scout,which was expected.

Will they be more dangerous and less optional now i wonder?

Also be interesting to see if the station in Deciat gets damaged how quickly players get it fixed,my guess would be very fast givin its location:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Anyone know what's up here.

Mission source and return 54 units of micro controllers.

I got them and brought them back. I tried to complete the mission but it won't payout

In the mission it says 54/54.

The mission is still in my transactions panel.
    It's saying 54/54. Wing. 23h3m

My inventory is empty

• Advertisement

There is a complete mission option for wing missions, maybe its there for singles too?

In the mission board do you have a Complete option?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    There is a complete mission option for wing missions, maybe its there for singles too?

In the mission board do you have a Complete option?

It was there and it allowed me to complete but now it's gone and I didn't get the credit
    I guess talking a wing mission solo doesn't work

It was there and it allowed me to complete but now it's gone and I didn't get the credit
    I guess talking a wing mission solo doesn't work

Should work just the same as a non-wing mission, file a bug report?

Edit: There's also this with the first comment showing a method that will work until the bug is fixed.

Had a blast in the krait last night,really liking it so far. Wasnt expecting it to be so fast.

Gonna go some of the guardian stuff later,get the BP segments for a few more weapons.

Seen reports on the forums about problems with mission hand ins. Frontier know theres something up.

Also saw something about delivery missions being a bit bugged,one guy claimed to have made 950million in 24hrs. Gonna head over to my trucking spot in the pleiades and see whats about. Also visit one of the new ground installation sites when im out there.

And the missions are nerfed,never gonna last when reports of player making multiple billions since yesterday started rolling in.

The economy is a total bust in the game. With this stuff happening regularly it makes FDev look cack handed when they balance missions considering some of the player base will have made enough money in 24hrs to last for possibly their whole time with the game.

That they are considering promoting more PvP with the possibility of power play going open only baffles the mind,if players are a reasonable match for each other surely the battles for disputed systems in PP becomes about who has the most rebuys?

Givin the credit economy problems i mentioned above its just gonna make the bust economy even more noticable. Salt will follow....

Logged into my home system last night got 60m for a 17 item delivery mission.

Everyone short of cash go to your home systems!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

How am I supposed to remember where my home system is ?

It's pretty much any system (minor faction) you're allied with!

It's pretty much any system (minor faction) you're allied with!

He barely remembers where he lives tbh, hes older than time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

He barely remembers where he lives tbh, hes older than time.

Thats an easy one tbh , I just stay at home .

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was stuck out at colonia but sold up the Asp and self destructed in a sidey to get back to the bubble.

Think I'll buy a krait and A rate as best I can then start grinding towards that corvette at last :)

Been out of the loop for a good while so should be lots of new stuff in the game to keep be going.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Krait seems to have a fairly weak canopy....boy did I regret not upgrading the life support.....died 500m from the platform :(

Ouch! Nothing more panic inducing than a canopy breach and poor life support!

Decided to try out the guardian FSD booster last night on the Corvette, went from a jump range of 17ly to 28ly!

I was only just made aware of those boosters. Will look into getting one once I have everything engineered.

Have the Krait A rated for the most part and it's up to a 29LY jump range with the G5 FSD from Farseer (still need to generate it once or twice more to max it).

Never bothered with engineering before the revamp, it seems a lot less grindy now though I do feel like I've no idea what I'm doing. The ship goes down very quick now, the days of rocking into a Haz Res and wiping out elite condas in a vulture are over. Engineering seems a necessity now.

Definitely need to engineer since one of the recent updates added engineered NPC.

Really like the Krait so fair, fixed weapons are pretty awesome on it

• Advertisement

I'm still using gimballs like a scrub.

Any advice on where to go with the engineering once the FSD is done? I might do the G3 dirty drives with Farseer thenI was thinking of doing the shieldst, I had a 6A equipped but have switched to 6C bi-weave as that seems to be the best option once engineered?

Nothing wrong with Gimballs, depends on the ship really. My Vette is fully gimballed weapons.

I'd get the dirty drives done, very much worth it. After that, I'd suggest Power Distributor (Charge Enhanced) & Plant (Overcharged), then focus on shields. The extra juice will be needed to run the shields and the enhanced charge on the distro will help with everything else.

Shields really is down to personal choice. Most of my ships I've A rated shields, engineered to have all resistances up over 50%. I've prismatic shields on the Vette and FDL again focusing primarily on getting the resistances up as high as possible. In my experience I find higher resistance > overall strength. Boosters I always have an even mix of reinforced, thermal and resistance augmented. So medium ships I'll have one of each and large ships two of each. My exploration ships I've bi-weaves with enhanced low power, purely for the weight reduction and speed that they regenerate. I have read about combat builds with bi-weaves, focus on getting as much resistance into them as possible and don't worry about over all strength. You want to reduce the damage weapons can do whilst keeping the fast recharge, going for high shield strength on bi-weaves would defeat their purpose completely.

Another thing to be conscious of with shields is Absolute damage, so damage from Plasma based weapons. Absolute damage ignores a large part of resistance (80% I think) so pip management comes into it when up against something with PA's on board. The more pips you have in SYS the higher your absolute damage resistance is. Last thing is back to SYS pips again, the overall strength of your shields you see on your right hand panel (e.g. my Vette at 3696Mj) is when you have 4 pips in SYS. 0 pips in SYS is 50/60% shield strength (can't remember which exactly) and then a sliding scale upwards depending on how many pips you have allocated. Resistance levels remain the same regardless of pips, that's why I tend to lean towards overall resistance over strength. So that's something worth considering as well when choosing shields and how you plan on engineering them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Fian

Bought horizons in steam sale and logged into elite for teh first time in ages and ages. In my anaconda outside the bubble.

First thing i noticed is that now i can plot a route all the way to a station, instead of in jumps of a few hundred ly. 490 jumps to go to get to quince. Only 20 ly range because I didn't realise passenger cabins would add cargo weight and filled the anaconda up with them before heading out to the black, i think i was going to do passenger missions from colonia? Or else i was just going to do some exploration in neutron star fields to push from pioneer to elite. Last time i logged in was just after that patch hit, it had been idle for a while ebfore that. So i will truck on through that booming and zooming as i go. In Oculus Rift so at least the views are nice. I would suicide but I don't want to lose whatever amount of exploration data i have.

Once i get back to the bubble i guess i will buy a krait, then start getting friendly with engineers.

I have about 250 million in cash, Will that be enough to outfit the Krait? I have access to founders world.

I could sell one of my parked ships if necessary.

Main reason i am posting is to ask what are the first steps i should take as someone who has just gotten access to horizons content? What is my progression route?

You probably have gotten a few invites from engineers so work with those for a start. Make sure to keep an eye on ones that are in permit locked systems or have requirements for specific items. Also, inara.cz is a handy website as well, has all the engineers, their requirements and all the blueprints listed on it. If you create an account and use ED Market Connector (and link them) you'll be able to see the number of times you can roll a specific blueprint and you can also see what you're missing for each, really useful feature.

Some engineers will only send you an invite when you reach a certain rank (e.g. Felicity Farseer needs at least Scout rank in exploration) or level with another engineer. Inara shows you which engineer is linked to which so if there's a particular range of engineering you want to do then follow that path.

My advice would be to take it in your stride, it is a lot of work to unlock them all so be prepared for that. If you try to rush it you'll only end up getting burnt out. Learn how the new materials traders work, can be very handy later on if you need something specific. Gathering materials can be a bit of a pain but my advice would be to scan every ship you see in game for data, and collect everything that you see, even if it's useless it might be useful at the trader.

I'll post a link later to Dav's Hope, it's near enough to SOL (for reference) and is great for gathering manufactured materials and some specific types of data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I've not played in a while but all the Krait talk made me jump in to see what the craic was and damn is it a nice ship tho I did have to spend about 30 minutes in a Sidewinder trying to remember what all the buttons on the hotas did confused.png After moving all the engineered gear from my Python over to the Krait Iv got 28ly jump range in a fully A rated combat setup tho I did rank back up my thrusters, fsd and power plant to grade 5 seeing all my old gear is now legacy.

• Advertisement

@Fian and anyone else interested, here's a list of all the goodies available at Dav's Hope and the coordinates to find it. Once you've found it, it's persistent. Handy spot, you just need to relog each time you've collected everything. Decent planet for raw materials too.

Spent a while there when I was farming for the FSD upgrade last week, very handy.

If you're having trouble finding the co ordinates this is a very handy tool for giving you a bearing: https://hotdoy.ca/ed/bearing/

Got back into the bubble and bought myself a Krait. Absolutely loving the cockpit in VR & loving flying around in VR, so much fun. I don't know why I haven't been doing it for a while.

Also really loving the manoeverability of teh krait after being in my anaconda for so long. I sold my other ships, left only with a conda and a krait, but with plenty of money left in the bank. Maybe I will pick up an asp, always liked that, though perhaps not necessary with a krait especially i f i can engineer FSD mto get a better jump range.

Surface game not terribly exciting and i did get a bit nauseous first time in SRV, but took a break and was fine for next one. Still the engineering stuff looks pretty good.

Went to some planet in pleaides following a youtube vid. Took ages to get to the correct co-ordinates to find some barnacles but picked up the mats I need to get started with felicity farseer. Quite irritated that i sold about 30 million worth of exploration data before realising I could have sold it to her for rep boost. Ah well. Also was irritated that i had not equipped a discovery scanner in my krait so had to fly back to find one before could on correct planet to get the barnacles i was looking for. Now back in space and route plotted to get to her base.

Pity it is so hot, making my headset pretty warm and my face pretty sweaty.

That bearing app sounds like a godsend, though i did eventually get the hang of compass readings to get to co-ordinates I wanted. Also absolute PITA to use galactic map/system, map in VR. I have been switching to 2D to set my routes then back into VR. Probably just need to set up controls to select things in galactic map/system map. Can't seem to work mouse when in VR.

Wondering how confident i should be going into combat without engineered equipment. have been avoiding interdictions rather than duking it out.

any suggested loadout for the Krait? I have a-rated stuff, d rated life support+ sensors, KWS, surface & discovery scarred, 3* gimballed pulse + 2 * multicannon atm. I think i have a shield booster, chaaf launcher and point defense. Plenty of power to spare.

Have to figure out how to get back into orbital cruise/glide mode when i drop down to planetary flying, which is too slow to travel to correct co-ords in. is jumping back to FSD flying the only way?

Anyway really enjoyed this once i got back into bubble. And really enjoying VR now there is stuff to see other than just another star and the same anaconda cockpit/bridge. Next time my dad comes to the house I intend to put him in one of the training missions in VR, he was blown away when i showed him the game in 2D a year ago or so. Not sure he will get the hang of hotas though.

Pity there is no "sandbox" mode to try out all the ships in VR, just to see what they feel/look like. Kind of have a hankering to buy a t-9 just because I loved the feeling of maas/bulk when i flew that way back when, want to try in VR. Doubt i will spend the money on it though, since would not actually use it beyond trying it out. I guess if i rank up maybe a cutter would be better.

Think I am hooked again! VR really gave this a new lease of life. Actually may cross post this in oculus rift thread.

Wing missions *fixed*

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/8xpq6z/good_new_everyone_wing_mission_bug_has_been_fixed/

Didnt play much didnt notice it was a bug, only did one of them :(

Didnt bother with the fetch missions.

Stuck with darnielles progress in maia and its meta alloy missions. Seen runs with two hops net me up to 180mil per run.

Economy really is a bust....

EoinHef wrote: »
    Didnt bother with the fetch missions.

Stuck with darnielles progress in maia and its meta alloy missions. Seen runs with two hops net me up to 180mil per run.

Economy really is a bust....

Ive made 350million since this post,malthus terminal in the pleiades has been UA bombed,darnielles progress has been sending meta alloys over.

Can only assume the bgs is looking to fix the station as meta alloys repair the damage. Nearly all the missions are to malthus terminal. Ive had 2 to another location.

If thats the case if a station in the pleiades could be UA bombed every now and then and darnielles progress would send out these missions that sounds like a gold rush to me.

These missions have only become so rewarding since malthus was UA bombed. Could always earn about 50 mil an hour in the area but this is crazy!

Ive made 350million since this post,malthus terminal in the pleiades has been UA bombed,darnielles progress has been sending meta alloys over.

Can only assume the bgs is looking to fix the station as meta alloys repair the damage. Nearly all the missions are to malthus terminal. Ive had 2 to another location.

If thats the case if a station in the pleiades could be UA bombed every now and then and darnielles progress would send out these missions that sounds like a gold rush to me.

These missions have only become so rewarding since malthus was UA bombed. Could always earn about 50 mil an hour in the area but this is crazy!

996million earned in one night,thank you meta alloys:)

Congrats. From the post times looks like it was a long and late night though.

Goddamn, do you need a big cargo hold for that kind of profit there? I can get 200T into my Krait at a push.

I'm hopelessly addicted to this game again now. working my way through unlocking the engineers, currently mining the 500T for whatshername. It's not very exciting but it's perfect for doing in the background while I watch the world cup. :pac:

The removal of all that RNG around the engineers was a godsend, I'm actually enjoying having to branch out and do a little bit of every activity to unlock them all, and the materials farming aint bad at all. Flying out to the alien wreck to get the sensor fragments for Palin was one of the coolest things I've seen in the game yet. Also loving the Krait Mk2 which is my first foray into medium sized ships.

Might have to check this out...cause I'm, eh, poor...

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Goddamn, do you need a big cargo hold for that kind of profit there? I can get 200T into my Krait at a push.

I'm hopelessly addicted to this game again now. working my way through unlocking the engineers, currently mining the 500T for whatshername. It's not very exciting but it's perfect for doing in the background while I watch the world cup. pacman.gif

I just finished the 500T mining for Selene the other night in about 2 hours but my god it was boring. Did it in my Conda mining rocks in Jura with 4 mining lasers, 2 collection limpets controllers and the 8 bin refinery. Once I hit the 450 mark I moved to metallic roids to get the 10 Panite.

Venom wrote: »
    I just finished the 500T mining for Selene the other night in about 2 hours but my god it was boring. Did it in my Conda mining rocks in Jura with 4 mining lasers, 2 collection limpets controllers and the 8 bin refinery. Once I hit the 450 mark I moved to metallic roids to get the 10 Panite.

I have about 350T done now, all from pristine metallic rings and only got 5T of painite from that. I can't believe how rare it is.

I've been at it longer than two hours though, using the Krait with two mining lasers and only one collector limpet controller (2 limpets on the go at a time).

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I have about 350T done now, all from pristine metallic rings and only got 5T of painite from that. I can't believe how rare it is.

I've been at it longer than two hours though, using the Krait with two mining lasers and only one collector limpet controller (2 limpets on the go at a time).

I was around 7 or 8 painite when I hit the 500T, so I just went around blasting roids and moving on to the next one unless painite fragments showed up. I'd send out the limpets only for painite but all other ore fragments were ignored.

The main reason I hit the non metallic roids leading up to the 500T mark was the refinery I had equiped only had 8 bins and there were around 11 different types of metallics ores. With the junk rocky roids there were only 5 ore types, so less time was spent turning the fragments into a ton of materials.

Ah I get you, that's good thinking. I went straight to metallic in the hope I could also get all the painite I need (and maybe tick off the 25T Gold trophy/achievement too).

Might have to check this out...cause I'm, eh, poor...

Still viable after the patch?

I wonder if FD read these forums too if so :P

Ssshhhh, they'll hear you!

Fian wrote: »
    Congrats. From the post times looks like it was a long and late night though.

Was a long one alright but im on night work at the minute so would have been up anyway. A friend was with me for a good chunk too so wasnt to bad. Also was taking breaks here and there. Made hay while the sun shined.

These MA missions were there before 3.1,they were just rarer than last night. I dont think there part of the rebalance on fetch missions.

Id love to know if it was a player group that UA bombed the station in the pleiades to get the bgs to create a ton of these missions.

I was using a T9 with 744t cargo,usually getting 4/5 missions per run with a bit of patience and mode switching. Ranged from 72-180t per mission. Payment was 14-50mil per mission,at one point i got 4 x 50mil missions and had to leave 2 more 50mil missions on the board as i had no room:(

No joke,i started yesterday with 30mil after buyimg krait and challenger when they came out,i ended on 1.127 billion.....

None there now :( thankfully didnt bring the noobs over.

Jumped on to check,just picked up 3 missions worth 115mil in total,410 meta alloys. All going to UA bombed malthus terminal.

Board hoped once from solo to open and all 3 were on the same mission list

You allied at darnielles dreamers?

Im fully allied with everyone bar the ant hill mob.

• Advertisement

Allied with Ant Hill and Ryder, Pleaides Resource. Nothing showing for any of those in relation to Deliveries.

Me and Merope Expeditionary fleet are not mates since I killed their Capital ship (a few times) and a couple of hundred of their normal ships.

Hagglebard seems new and fighting the Merope lads atm so only massacre for those 2.

edit showing up now, not a lot but I did bring my Cutter. Doesnt seem to be any wing missions?

Advertisement