Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elite: Dangerous

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Got 4 now,160mil. 2 from merope expeditionary,1 from cooper research and 1 from ryder.

Not sure why your not seeing them:(

EDIT: Not sure why your looking for wing missions? There just straight solo delivery missions. Pretty sure thats why they havent been nerfed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Why not? Share the monies :)

I was in the Ryder faction previously, we had to move Merope lads out via murder, lots and lots of murder. Good times....

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Why not? Share the monies :)

I was in the Ryder faction previously, we had to move Merope lads out via murder, lots and lots of murder. Good times....

Ah,I get ye,yeah pity cant wing up for them. 4 x wing mates with 4 x 50 mil missions,800mil for one jump per wing member,now that would be crazy:)

Just to note there are no wing missions whatsoever in that station, like 0 after about 50 refreshes. Loads in both of the stations we delivering too just none in Darnielles.

best send them a bug report :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Got a few missions there last night for around 36m or so. Rep is terrible with most of the locals so doesn't help.

Meta-Alloy missions aside, it actually seems pretty decent for general missions in terms of payout amounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Got a few missions there last night for around 36m or so. Rep is terrible with most of the locals so doesn't help.

Meta-Alloy missions aside, it actually seems pretty decent for general missions in terms of payout amounts.

So whats the deal with this money making racket you lot are rolling in credits with?

Venom wrote: »
    So whats the deal with this money making racket you lot are rolling in credits with?

Meta-Alloy missions from Darnielle's Progress (Surface Base) in Maia are paying up to 50m each. Delivery to a nearby system where a station has been UA bombed by players, presumably on purpose in order to trigger the missions. Bit of pain to get them to spawn (lot of re-logging) but with payouts like that it's worth the effort.

Got a few 50m ones last night.

A lot of re logging.

Somehow I am buddies with Merope now.....fickle bastids :D

Sitting on 1.6 billion now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

EoinHef wrote: »
    Sitting on 1.6 billion now...

Yea I knocked up about 1.3 billion (after fully outfitting my Vette), but that was about 2 months ago now and I haven't been on since.

Need something more in the game beyond grinding for credits, get ship, grind some more to outfit it, and err....

I'd love if the Thargoid "invasion" actually made a real impact to the game. Have it significantly impact on core activities in the bubble. Spinning it as a big bad and something to get behind is kinda thin when you can pretty much avoid the whole "threat" anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Just jumped in for the first time in a year and have no clue what I'm doing.

Picked up a load of missions for 7 mil each and found out I have to take the cargo to its destination bit by bit. :pac:

I'll be here all feckin night.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Yea I knocked up about 1.3 billion (after fully outfitting my Vette), but that was about 2 months ago now and I haven't been on since.

Need something more in the game beyond grinding for credits, get ship, grind some more to outfit it, and err....

I'd love if the Thargoid "invasion" actually made a real impact to the game. Have it significantly impact on core activities in the bubble. Spinning it as a big bad and something to get behind is kinda thin when you can pretty much avoid the whole "threat" anyway

I only had 30mil so i really needed to get some balance up,i actually hate grinding for credits in the game now unless its very profitable. Ive played enough of it that getting 10-20million an hour does not appeal at all and ill actaully start switching to lower rebuy ships just to avoid the need for credits.

I enjoyed getting the new guardian weapons and trying those out on the goids. The thargoid stuff feels like a missed oppurtunity,from the aegis ships always being in a system miles away from the attacked ones to thargoids being total USS content ie optional. Could totally ignore them unless you happened to be hyperdicted.

I am loving the krait atm,having a blast in it and finding out what sort of loadout i like.

Took a month or so break from the game just before 3.1 so i reckon thats a reason im enjoying it a lot again. That and i wont need to worry about credits for a long time!!

Ignoring them is key to the majority of players who have no interest in it, ED has to have that balance where you go to the aliens rather than vice versa. So they are not forcing the aliens down peoples throats.

Bearing in mind if humanity survives that long , there is a realism to the the ED universe and dropping aliens into it has to be done in a long drawn out way (the 1st find was 2 years before the 1st thargoid ship was spotted moving).
    EoinHef wrote: »

Took a month or so break from the game just before 3.1 so i reckon thats a reason im enjoying it a lot again. That and i wont need to worry about credits for a long time!!

Alliance Challenger :D

Also having that much money is as much as hindrance than a bonus, what yah got to do now :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Most have board flipped for nearly an hour there and no meta alloy missions. :(

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Most have board flipped for nearly an hour there and no meta alloy missions. :(

They are there and until a patch comes out they should be there, I am literally allied with everyone there now :/

36933372_1878337905538987_2532254701303365632_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f976614972ad14287cb331466699bd35&oe=5BD92E44

Ignoring them is key to the majority of players who have no interest in it, ED has to have that balance where you go to the aliens rather than vice versa. So they are not forcing the aliens down peoples throats.

Bearing in mind if humanity survives that long , there is a realism to the the ED universe and dropping aliens into it has to be done in a long drawn out way (the 1st find was 2 years before the 1st thargoid ship was spotted moving).

Alliance Challenger :D

Also having that much money is as much as hindrance than a bonus, what yah got to do now :)

Have a challenger already:D

Engineered and guardian ax weapon loadout. Scout killer. Although i am thinking of going back to the chieftan for its added mobility.

Even for the players that want to engage the thargoids its not great though. The aegis ships being no where near the attacked systems has been a crazy decision,or bug. Not sure which.

Take the pleiades for example,could that not be an area where thargoids are extremely active,maybe even hunt the odd player in super cruise etc. Still optionable but a bit more involved for players that want it.

Atm boys were literally snatching all their resources from darnielles and making a ton of money,surely that should peek their interest.

Been doing the meta alloy missions on amd off for months now and never been hyperdicted.

As for the pacing,i can accept that givin how elite works even though it feels a bit slow.

Ill find something to do:D

I still havent got a cutter as i love the corvette and the rejigging of the T9 slots makes it comparable haulage wise to the cutter so never bought one.

Honestly making money is one of the last things i do ingame anymore. I havent tried in months and just sat on 260mil.

They are there and until a patch comes out they should be there, I am literally allied with everyone there now :/

How do you get these meta alloy missions? Do you have to be allied with the system?

Tony EH wrote: »
    How do you get these meta alloy missions? Do you have to be allied with the system?

That helps and also a bit of board hopping and a little bit of patience. First objective is to get as much local rep as you can with the factions.

Dont really bother levelling Ant Hill Mob,their a pirate faction and wont give you the missions your looking for.

Minimum cargo you should have is 180t,720t would be ideal.

If you already have a little bit of cash donation missions can help because the follow on missions from them can spawn as a meta alloy delivery.

This is all in Darnielles Progress in Maia,thats the only place you can get these missions.

Its the only place that sells meta alloys as a commodity,so these missions are unique to there as far as i know.

*Edit* Just hopped on to check the mission boards for you and it does look a little lacking,as in i saw none in about 15 minutes. It could be gone dry,someone can check later for confirmation hopefully.

Its a good spot in general though,lot of 7mil missions one jump away im seeing this morning. 720t T9 could take 4,possibly get in two runs in an hour. Nice earner.

Most destination systems have one station which is usually under 1000ls. Theres about 4 you usually get deliveries too and they also send stuff to each other so its a bit of a loop when you get used to it.

Alliance Challenger biggrin.png

Also having that much money is as much as hindrance than a bonus, what yah got to do now smile.png

The issue I have with the Thargoid stuff, is that it adds even more grind to the game via the anti Thargoid weapons and armour for very little payoff. A recent thread on Reddit summed it up perfectly, in that hauling waste to a station netted you 10 mil a run but defending said station from Thargoid Scouts paid only 30k a pop and left you with a huge repair bill due to the caustic damage from the fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Just jumped in for the first time in a year and have no clue what I'm doing.

Picked up a load of missions for 7 mil each and found out I have to take the cargo to its destination bit by bit. :pac:

I'll be here all feckin night.

I just finished playing for an hour, which is my first hour in a long time. Had no idea what I was doing at first. But managed to fly, deploy weapons and blow some bounties up at least. I saw those missions as well. Several thousand units to be moved. Seems tedious! Lots of kill missions say something like "recommended as part of wing". I don't remember that being there before?

Funnily enough I was in a place called "Haxel Port" and I couldn't remember why I was there in the first place! Is everything just a grind still? Grind to earn money? Grind to mod modules? etc.

• Advertisement

The issue I have with the Thargoid stuff, is that it adds even more grind to the game via the anti Thargoid weapons and armour for very little payoff. A recent thread on Reddit summed it up perfectly, in that hauling waste to a station netted you 10 mil a run but defending said station from Thargoid Scouts paid only 30k a pop and left you with a huge repair bill due to the caustic damage from the fights.

Yeah i killed a thargoid with none of that stuff and being honest it was my greatest ED moment.

Literally crawled over the line in a fully A rated and engineered Corvette, 1000 hours, killing that bastard was my highlight.

+1 for internet Friend :)

That was awesome! Bug hunting is fun, really needs to pay out more though imo. But killing the first Thargoid was really cool, a highlight as well. Probably not my top moment but definitely up there.

I've gone on to fight a few basilisks & medusa since. Basilisks are tough, but can be solo'd. Medusa solo is tough, haven't managed that yet. Fighting them is pretty epic to be fair, really well designed, just needs to pay out more!

Two friends ive been playing with saying the meta alloy missions have dried up,kinda confirms what i saw this morning,too good to last tbh:(

AX weapons dont require any special unlocks,only the guardian stuff does. You can get AX in surface military ports.

The guardian structures are worth a visit,even if you dont want to bother unlocking all the weapons modules,the gauss cannon and fsd booster are definitely worth having and shouldnt take too long to get.

Guardian booster is definitely worth the effort. Especially for ships with a poor jump range. Although my anaconda is up to a 77.5ly range now :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I spent the whole evening getting allied with the factions there yesterday and not a single meta alloy mission spawned.

I actually had my first thargoid encounter too last night, dropped into a threat 4 NHSS. It was only scouts, managed to kill two but then one of them completely bypassed my shields with a caustic attack, I practically had to boost through the letterbox and landed with only 5% of my Hull left!

I just finished playing for an hour, which is my first hour in a long time. Had no idea what I was doing at first. But managed to fly, deploy weapons and blow some bounties up at least. I saw those missions as well. Several thousand units to be moved. Seems tedious! Lots of kill missions say something like "recommended as part of wing". I don't remember that being there before?

Funnily enough I was in a place called "Haxel Port" and I couldn't remember why I was there in the first place! Is everything just a grind still? Grind to earn money? Grind to mod modules? etc.

Yeh, when you're out of it for a while, it can be a bit of a steep re-learning curve. But, you get the hang of it quick enough.

I was ages finishing up my biowaste delivery grind mission a couple of nights ago. I actually abandoned the others with no consequences, so that worked out ok. I spose I just saw 7 mil a pop missions and hit the yes button, without remembering what tonnage my Anaconda could manage. :pac:

In any case, yeh, it's still really just a grand for shillings that's at the heart of the game. Nothing of consequence has really changed. I came away from my session thinking that I'd just spent an hour downloading the latest patch and it's still relatively the same old game.

Mining seems to be worth looking at now though? Never bothered before with that.

I might buy that Fer De Lance and try a couple of bounty missions.

Yeh, when you're out of it for a while, it can be a bit of a steep re-learning curve. But, you get the hang of it quick enough.

I was ages finishing up my biowaste delivery grind mission a couple of nights ago. I actually abandoned the others with no consequences, so that worked out ok. I spose I just saw 7 mil a pop missions and hit the yes button, without remembering what tonnage my Anaconda could manage. pacman.gif

In any case, yeh, it's still really just a grand for shillings that's at the heart of the game. Nothing of consequence has really changed. I came away from my session thinking that I'd just spent an hour downloading the latest patch and it's still relatively the same old game.

Mining seems to be worth looking at now though? Never bothered before with that.

I might buy that Fer De Lance and try a couple of bounty missions.

I think once you get back into the meat of the game after a long absence, you do find the game has changed quite a bit indeed. I'm only back a few days after at least a 6 month break (if not longer) and things like material traders, the engineer re-vamp, the visuals of most planets along with feeling like its much easier landing on them compared to before and the over all combat power of my re-engineered ship really jumps out at me.

Mining still seems a poor way of making credits for the time invested when compared to combat, trading and focused mission running imho.

The mining revamp is happening in the Q4 update I think.

Two handy CGs in Ebor at the moment, one trade and one bounty.

• Advertisement

Not as lucrative as the Meta Alloy missions but I'm doing well out of sightseeing missions from Hauser's reach in robigo. Once you're allied with the three factions (or even just one of them) you can get up to 3 million for one trip to a tourist beacon in Sothis less than 60LY away. In the Krait I'm turning over around 12 or 13 million per run and each run is also giving me 3% explorer rank on Pioneer.

It's pretty repetitive though so an audio book or Netflix is also recommended :pac:

The latest CG wasn't up to much so worked on fed rank instead :)

20180722132144_1_zpsn5wbb6tf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The latest CG wasn't up to much so worked on fed rank instead :)

20180722132144_1_zpsn5wbb6tf.jpg

Looks awesome.

Can you play this game with the Steam controller?

Edit: reason being using VR, and keyboard bashing not working out too well

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Yeah you can, Xbox controller works perfectly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Looks awesome.

Can you play this game with the Steam controller?

Edit: reason being using VR, and keyboard bashing not working out too well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Joystick-PS3/dp/B001CXYMFS

These are well worth it for vr. Really immersive. They come up on adverts second hand every now and then for about €30. Well worth it.

There's actually 20% off on the Thrustmaster store at the moment with the code TMSUMMER20 if anyone's thinking of a flight stick.

I grabbed the HOTAS One last week, chose the free delivery option and it still only took 2 days to arrive.

Hotas X linked above comes to only €55.99 with the code: http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_ie/t-flight-hotas-x.html#product_tabs_description

• Advertisement

There's actually 20% off on the Thrustmaster store at the moment with the code TMSUMMER20 if anyone's thinking of a flight stick.

I grabbed the HOTAS One last week, chose the free delivery option and it still only took 2 days to arrive.

Hotas X linked above comes to only €55.99 with the code: http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_ie/t-flight-hotas-x.html#product_tabs_description

That's a grand beginner HOTAS but the price sure has jumped up. I recall picking one up in Maplins for around 45ish quid a few months after ED launched.

Cheers all,

I will admit ive been looking at the Logitech x56. Was one click away yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Cheers all,

I will admit ive been looking at the Logitech x56. Was one click away yesterday!

Well for Vr I’d highly recommend any form of hotas. It makes it a whole new experience

Awww you shouldn't have told me that. I might end up buying a Warthog lol

Hmm im torn between the T1.6000M and X56

• Advertisement

Bought the T.16000M this time last year and cannot fault it. Has more than enough buttons to do everything you will need to, barely touch the keyboard now. Review here

Bought the T.16000M this time last year and cannot fault it. Has more than enough buttons to do everything you will need to, barely touch the keyboard now. Review here

Been reading up alright. Hearing the X models can break easy while the TM seem more robust.

And done :)

Now, to avoid telling the wife.

And done smile.png

Now, to avoid telling the wife.

Great choice. I've been running one for the best part of a year and it hasn't given me a bit of trouble and is a joy to use. The default key mapping was pretty good too with only minor rebinding needed which really is more down to play style. The only time I touch the keyboard now is for the map.

The Saitek (now Logitech) HOTAS gear does not have a good overall reputation.

Excited now.

VR
    Thrustmaster
    New Headphones
    Voice attack
    And the DLC add-on.

Its going to be awesome.

Arrived already. Haven't used the peddles yet. But just re done all the training courses. Great fun, brought it to a whole new level.

Finally......

TcFENIKl.jpg
    tGVxoekl.jpg

50% on the way to one of these too.

Where did you buy it? Money's no object though.*

*Be nice if that was real life. :(

Ohm City in LHS 20 for the 15% LYR discount :D

I had 750m in the bank before I bought it and I'm down to just under 400 after a bit of outfitting and it would probably still be underpowered/ cheap compared to the builds I've seen on the frontier forums :eek:

How do you find it and what were you in before? Is there much point in swapping out an Anaconda?

• Advertisement
Advertisement