Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elite: Dangerous

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Mine cost me just over 1bn to full outfit to my liking!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tony EH wrote: »
    How do you find it and what were you in before? Is there much point in swapping out an Anaconda?

I was using a Krait Mk2 up until I got the corvette so it's the first large ship I've had. On paper the Anaconda sounds a bit better really due to the better jump range. I think the Corvette is only really good for combat, if you want multipurpose then 'conda wins I would think. I don't think there's much between them at all really. Someone who's flown both might be better informed to answer though!

There's a massive difference to be honest. Vette is really only good for combat or maybe short range haulage (very short range). It's base jump range just doesn't make it practical for anything else really. I've mine up to 28ly but that's with the Guardian FSD booster so I sometimes use it if I'm working out of one system, although I've switched to the Krait now as my daily runner cause it's just an awesome ship.

The conda on the other hand is a swiss army knife by comparison. Can be outfit for anything. Powerful combat ship (although the vette is significantly more powerful), best exploration ship in the game (in terms of jump range/outfitting potential), can be outfit to be a decent trader that's still capable of defending itself and maintain a high jump range.

If you really only want to use one (large) ship for multipurpose then the conda is your best choice and just swap modules in an out as needed.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mine cost me just over 1bn to full outfit to my liking!

My build is actually very similar to that, I think the reactive surface composite (bloody hell!) and prismatic shields are the main difference price wise. i'll only be using it for PvE so i think I'll stick with my engineered lightweight alloys and a couple of hull reinforcement packages! :pac:

Currently running a thermal resist by weave, might unlock the prismatics at some stage but I think I prefer the fast recharge for extended stays in Rez sites and the like.

Massive shield strength and you won't really have to worry about recharge. Can sit for hours in a haz res / cz and not really worry or have to head back to the station. Starting to be inclined to think that biweaves are more of an advantage in PvP to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

There's a massive difference to be honest. Vette is really only good for combat or maybe short range haulage (very short range). It's base jump range just doesn't make it practical for anything else really. I've mine up to 28ly but that's with the Guardian FSD booster so I sometimes use it if I'm working out of one system, although I've switched to the Krait now as my daily runner cause it's just an awesome ship.

The conda on the other hand is a swiss army knife by comparison. Can be outfit for anything. Powerful combat ship (although the vette is significantly more powerful), best exploration ship in the game (in terms of jump range/outfitting potential), can be outfit to be a decent trader that's still capable of defending itself and maintain a high jump range.

If you really only want to use one (large) ship for multipurpose then the conda is your best choice and just swap modules in an out as needed.

Well, it's a combat ship that I'm looking for to mix up the missions. The anaconda has served me well and I've made over 2 billion, so a new ship is on the horizon. It's a toss up between the Fer de Lance and the Corvette.

Funny though, I did a load of boom data delivery missions last night to get my fed rank increased. Used the old Type 6. I forgot how much I loved that ship. It's a real zippy little machine, with a great view. It makes the Anaconda feel like a giant slug. Had my rank at 100% in no time. I just need to do the next Federal mission to get to Rear Admiral now.

If I could make the same money as I do in the Anaconda, I'd use the Type 9 all the time.

Well the Vette (with dirty drive lvl 5) will make the conda feel even more sluggish. Out of all the big ships is has the best maneuverability by far, type 10 coming closest I think. The FDL though is also a super ship but suffers the same when it comes to range.

Between the two, really all it comes down to is whether you want a ship that can take an absolute beating no problem and dish out serious damage (Vette) or a ship that can deal a huge amount of damage and make a quick escape (FDL)

Although saying that, both ships can theoretically have huge shield strength (my FDL is sitting just under 2000mj), the FDL is just a wet paper towel when it's shields go down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

As someone who owns both, the Corvette is a serious upgrade from the Anaconda under certain circumstances such as combat and medium range trading, so it's perfect for running anything a CG throws at you or just bopping around the bubble looking to misbehave.

The Anaconda is better on paper in that it costs less, requires no faction grinding and has better jump range by a HUGE margin, so for long-haul trading or exploration it's a better choice but it's just not as fun to fly. It's important to note, that the faction grind now is a hell of a lot easier than what it used to be, so it's not that big of a deal if you play smart.

The addition of the Guardian FSD Booster and the extra cargo-hauling ability of the Vette narrows the gap down a lot in which is the better ship for the average player, as fully combat fitted you can still hit low 30 jump range which when coupled with a 6A fuel scoop is more than good enough.

+1 for the Guardian FSD Booster in the Vette or for ships with a shorter range, it makes a huge difference. There's something about having a range of over 20ly that just makes using a ship in the bubble viable, can't exactly explain why but probably just down to experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Anyone here out in Colonia? I made the long journey here and wouldn't mind some money making advice :)

Grats man.

Never made it to Colonia myself as those sort of crazy long journeys are only for the true mentalist explorer types :)

Exploration is always an option. Really good money in it to be honest. Not sure what else there is, been a year and a half since I was out there and that was long before there was anything other than Jaques Station. Maybe check out the different populated systems around there and see what there is

I've found it's a lot like the bubble but with less people and no engineers and a few other things missing. But there are quite a few systems with stations to visit. Fosters Terminal is particularly nice to visit, visually very stunning.

After a bit of searching I've got a handy passenger run for my Type 7 (transferred from the bubble at great cost!) from Bascom's Pride to Jacques Station. Lots of tourists want to see the 3 tourist beacons that are all within scanning distance of each other. I'm making around 30mil to 40mil per hour on passenger runs, which seems decent enough to me. Enough to transfer my FDL fom the bubble to Colonia anyway. My FDL to transfer was 150 mil and will take 60 hours to arrive. But should be worth it! I want to do some kill missions out here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I went to Colonia and self destructed to come back and help Gonzovision on his 1st day in ED, Colonia was on lockdown so I couldnt sell my exploration data.

He never played the game again after that night :(

I have never gone back........

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I went to Colonia and self destructed to come back and help Gonzovision on his 1st day in ED, Colonia was on lockdown so I couldnt sell my exploration data.

He never played the game again after that night :(

I have never gone back........

That's a depressing story! It's a long journey and to lose it all... Could you take the neutron highway back then?

• Advertisement

No it was 210 jumps :(

Also **** gonzovision :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭EoinHef

One of the lads i play with just text me,seems the meta alloy missions are back on the menu. Bout 30 mins of board hopping and he had 140mil of missions all to agricolas ascent.

Was sure fdev had plugged this particular money maker but seems not. Asked him to check if agricolas ascent was UA bombed. If it is there could be a serious amount of these missions popping up in daenielles.

EoinHef wrote: »
    One of the lads i play with just text me,seems the meta alloy missions are back on the menu. Bout 30 mins of board hopping and he had 140mil of missions all to agricolas ascent.

Was sure fdev had plugged this particular money maker but seems not. Asked him to check if agricolas ascent was UA bombed. If it is there could be a serious amount of these missions popping up in daenielles.

Maybe it was just a temporary adjustment by Fdev and now the background simulation has kicked back in.

He said agricolas ascent was in civil unrest and not UA bombed,not sure if hes right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

There are no meta alloy missions in daenielles right now .

• Advertisement

Mate said the same thing last night,he made 280mil in that one session the other night from them though

Jaysus, they could have given us more than the logo.

By the glow and the crystal at the end its gonna be more guardian stuff.

Hopefully a bit of narrative and not just a few new modules at the tech broker.

Wonder will the Krait Phantom be in this patch as well

The fact the guardian structure looking thing is in orbit as well,thats a first!!!

The blue hue to the video says more Guardian stuff too. Doubt it'll be anything major, maybe new sites or they'll bring in the 3 guardian ark ships (their pre-FSD expansion, like the human Generation Ships) and expand their story that way.

The way I see it, it's all leading to us discovering that the Guardian AI are still out there and have set themselves up somewhere away from the Thargoids and the old Guardian space.

But who really knows! Anyway, hope this update finally fixes the NPC ignoring dead powerplant bug.

I thoguht they had said earlier in the summer this update would introduce Squadrons and squadron owned stations.

What's the worst that could happen...

4eda8881e88b9f391354ff59512597d1.jpg?resize=564%2C317&ssl=1

The blue hue to the video says more Guardian stuff too. Doubt it'll be anything major, maybe new sites or they'll bring in the 3 guardian ark ships (their pre-FSD expansion, like the human Generation Ships) and expand their story that way.

The way I see it, it's all leading to us discovering that the Guardian AI are still out there and have set themselves up somewhere away from the Thargoids and the old Guardian space.

But who really knows! Anyway, hope this update finally fixes the NPC ignoring dead powerplant bug.

While im excited for new content the bug fixing really needs to be better. Massacre missions have been dead for months with targets not spawning wanted. The PP bug. Passenger missions are borked from what i see on the forums etc. The bugs are mounting up.

Agree the plot is leading us to the guardian AI,never thought of their ark ships. Thats a good shout i reckon.

Some region locked areas will hopefully open up soon too. A few weeks ago the eagle eye network pointed to the col 70 sector system thats come up a few times. Meaning the thargoids were investigating it,which was interesting.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thoguht they had said earlier in the summer this update would introduce Squadrons and squadron owned stations.

Q4 update is the big one! Chp 2 & 3 are just little ones, bug fixes, refinements, improvements of game play and so on.

They also said there would be 2 premium paid expansions this year and haven't heard a thing about those.

EoinHef wrote: »
    A few weeks ago the eagle eye network pointed to the col 70 sector system thats come up a few times. Meaning the thargoids were investigating it,which was interesting.

I completely missed this, haven't been playing much lately so haven't been paying much attention to the goings on. But that is interesting, FDev playing the long game again probably as they do like their subtle obscure hints. It's funny then that Eagle Eye went offline today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Fian

Working through engineers. got my sirius permit last night to enable me to access marcus qwent, who i only want to meet because he can introduce me to professor palin and then i can upgrade thrusters. Have fully upgraded FSD, distributor. & shields. Power Plant has plenty of spare capacity. next is thrusters, then weapons i guess.

Currently in a krait, once all engineers are unlocked I will engineer my Anaconda.

250 million in the bank - why can't i just buy this stuff instead of gathering mats etc..

Having fun though. Playing with oculus rift and really loving it, except for galactic map. I just cannot work that in rift, have to log out, restart in 2d, set route and then log back in on rift.

I actually enjoyed working through the engineers since they fixed the crafting system. It forces you to try your hand at everything and actually feels like you're progressing and working towards something (which is something that's sorely missing from the game overall a lot of the time imo).

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed working through the engineers since they fixed the crafting system. It forces you to try your hand at everything and actually feels like you're progressing and working towards something (which is something that's sorely missing from the game overall a lot of the time imo).

yeah but exit and repeat in Dav's hope or an anaconda crash site, or sitting in a distribution centre to farm FSD wakes is all a bit repetitive. Still i guess that is truly in the spirit of the original version of the game :)

Found this amusing

Thats the packhound vs Prismatic shield.

13th legion are a special kind of dick in ED.

Have to say,those SLF's look great. I hear we have to interact with something that will give us a destination to go to to get them.

I have a few vessel BP's from when obelisks were bugged and giving them out but ill definitely be going through the process to get them regardless.

The dweebs I play with might be able to take down a Thargoid now.

Doubt it :D

Went into a conflict zone for the current community goals this weekend.

Playing in there with the Occulus rift is probably the most epic gaming experience I have ever had. I loved it.

Unfortunately I also incurred at 4.7 million rebuy cost when an alliance chieftan (i think?) ship insta gibbed me, or perhaps it was a number of ships that all just focussed on me at once. I died in seconds, no time to boost out of dodge.

I'm in a Krait.

Fitted my Guardian FSD Booster last night. I must say it is nice to have a fully kitted out Anaconda (PVE build + some light exploration) able to do 38ly per jump. I also have to say that the Guardian puzzles were actually kind of nice to complete. The Guardian ruin sites seem to be a hive of activity in deep space. At least the ones I visited were full of people looking to team up to complete the puzzles. I felt collecting the Guardian module/weapon blueprints and Guardian components were mostly a lot of fun buzzing around in a buggy with lots of other players. The only thing I found to be a slight grind was scanning active obelisks for pattern data. But in the end I found a method to collect those pretty efficiently.

Has anyone any advise on outfitting a ship with Guardian weapons to fight some Thargoids? I have only unlocked the FSD booster so far, but I have plenty of blueprints/mats/components to unlock more Guardian modules and some Guardian weapons. I'm just not sure what would be good?

• Advertisement

Fian wrote: »
    Went into a conflict zone for the current community goals this weekend.

Playing in there with the Occulus rift is probably the most epic gaming experience I have ever had. I loved it.

Unfortunately I also incurred at 4.7 million rebuy cost when an alliance chieftan (i think?) ship insta gibbed me, or perhaps it was a number of ships that all just focussed on me at once. I died in seconds, no time to boost out of dodge.

I'm in a Krait.

I recently got my Rift and have to say Elite Dangerous is the best VR experience I've had so far. Combat in a Haz Res with Rift + joystick + voice attack is amazing.

Far Cry 5 DLC out today, Vermintide DLC out today, SCUM tomorrow, Insurgency Thursday, Destiny today (sort off). And IM sure I forgot something..........

Best get the guardian stuff sorted before my trip on the Gnosis on Thursday :D

Hydra Threat level 9.

He can fcuk right off.

https://streamable.com/64dau

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ishootpoop13/video/59404587

EMPs before he even spawns in :D

Hydra Threat level 9.

He can fcuk right off.

https://streamable.com/64dau

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ishootpoop13/video/59404587

EMPs before he even spawns in :D

That's a massive nope right there with a whole pile of mini-nopes flying around it!
    Far Cry 5 DLC out today, Vermintide DLC out today, SCUM tomorrow, Insurgency Thursday, Destiny today (sort off). And IM sure I forgot something..........

Best get the guardian stuff sorted before my trip on the Gnosis on Thursday :D

Was thinking of docking the ASPx there alright but seen this on reddit and am now mildly concerned!

That's a massive nope right there with a whole pile of mini-nopes flying around it!

Was thinking of docking the ASPx there alright but seen this on reddit and am now mildly concerned!

I think something is going to happen over and only the people on this ship will see it/interact with it.

Locking it even more now means noone can get to it with the crazy jump lengths some people have.

True, screw it, time to board the Gnosis, after a visit to one of the new beacons!

Edit: on second thought, I might bring something with guns instead

• Advertisement

True, screw it, time to board the Gnosis, after a visit to one of the new beacons!

I got finish up the Gaurdian FSD on the 2nd site and I may have scoffed at the idea of bringing more than one SRV assuming the sentinels would SPAWN after i scanned the module blueprint.

I now see they spawn during the scan.......this may be problematic.

I should have read the guide all the way to end before heading out :D

Actually wait the Gnosis is not leaving until sept 6th ? thought it was tomorrow?

Yep, 6th! So plenty of time to stock up on anything necessary before hand!

So many games on the go at the moment,forsaken in destiny will take most of my time the next while but i do want to get on and try find a guardian beacon.

I have 5 vessel BP's but id like to try the process. Also gonna need data mats to unlock the ships so i see a visit to an ancient ruin in my near future

Don't forget, you need lasers for the new beacons!

I got finish up the Gaurdian FSD on the 2nd site and I may have scoffed at the idea of bringing more than one SRV assuming the sentinels would SPAWN after i scanned the module blueprint.

I now see they spawn during the scan.......this may be problematic.

I should have read the guide all the way to end before heading out :D

Actually wait the Gnosis is not leaving until sept 6th ? thought it was tomorrow?

It can be a right pain if your unlucky and they spawn in on top of you which happened to me. Thankfully you can hightail it out of there and inch your way back in to take them out in ones and two's as they don't seem to follow you.

My main issue with the Guardian sites is the lack of places to land close by. I was in an Asp and it still took me ages to find a landing spot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement