Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elite: Dangerous

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Venom wrote: »

My main issue with the Guardian sites is the lack of places to land close by. I was in an Asp and it still took me ages to find a landing spot.

:confused:

I parked a conda close enough for PD to take out every missile fired.

Sentinels are easy tbh if you use the turret, didnt have any issues getting everything I needed.

The towers give a mad amount of mats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Handbrake as well as pip management when fighting the sentinels ive found makes them pretty trivial. Four pips so SYS ive found they cant knock you over as easy

@Internet Friend
    Is it laser specifically? Ive 2 PA's and 3 MC's on the krait which im taking out. Replaced one MC with a Beam just incase.

Been looking for an excuse to take the Krait somewhere. I really like how it flys. Lucky i checked back here,was debating taking an unarmed diamondback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

EoinHef wrote: »
    Handbrake as well as pip management when fighting the sentinels ive found makes them pretty trivial. Four pips so SYS ive found they cant knock you over as easy

@Internet Friend
    Is it laser specifically? Ive 2 PA's and 3 MC's on the krait which im taking out. Replaced one MC with a Beam just incase.

Been looking for an excuse to take the Krait somewhere. I really like how it flys. Lucky i checked back here,was debating taking an unarmed diamondback.

Pulse lasers, rail guns and I'm guessing burst lasers will work.

Can definitely confirm that pulses work, from an animation perspective it's really impressive.

Ok i have on beam laser with me,hopefully thats enough.

Im headed to IC 2931 sector,flying blind,just filtered for guardian systems in galmap and headed to closet one. Flyimg through a bit of Synuefe to get their so checking those systems for the beacons while im passing through

Bear in mind, the beacons only appear within 1000ls

Bear in mind, the beacons only appear within 1000ls

Ye had a feelin that would be the case. Currently at a ruin to get some mat data. If i end up spending too long looking for a beacon ill just look up a location.

Hopefully,im an doubtful though,Q4 gives us much better ways to search for this stuff rather than either painfully on your own or just looking it up. Theres so many possible ways they could do it.

People have hopes for the codex in Q4 but im not so sure yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Fian

Ye had a feelin that would be the case. Currently at a ruin to get some mat data. If i end up spending too long looking for a beacon ill just look up a location.

Hopefully,im an doubtful though,Q4 gives us much better ways to search for this stuff rather than either painfully on your own or just looking it up. Theres so many possible ways they could do it.

People have hopes for the codex in Q4 but im not so sure yet

What is a "ruin" for data material?

I have plenty of raw mats from anaconda crash site, manufactured from dav's hope, but didn't know there was a similar destination for data.

ÈoinHef is talking about one of the Guardian Ruin sites scattered throughout the Syneufe, HIP and IC regions approx 700ly north-east (taking SagA* as north) from the main bubble.

There's loads about them on the Canonn Research website and Ram Tah, an engineer, offers missions to decode them. Story / Lore related content that can be challenging to complete but is really interesting and well worth the effort (imo).

Fian wrote: »
    What is a "ruin" for data material?

I have plenty of raw mats from anaconda crash site, manufactured from dav's hope, but didn't know there was a similar destination for data.

The data you get from the ancient ruin guardian sites is only useful for the guardian tech broker.

Its specifically the Obelisk Pattern Data that i was collecting. You need a decent amount of it for the new guardian SLF's.

The reason i use a guardian ruin instead of a guardian structure for this data is the ruin has no exclusion zone so when you mode switch you appear exactly where you logged out at.

Since the obelisks require a reset of the instance to get more than one bunch of data from them at a time ive found it quicker to scan the 2 or 3 of the obelisks close to each other and relog,rinse and repeat. Its not fun but the drop rate for some of the data,in particular epsilon,is rare enough that your rarely going to have enough of it just by doing the guardian puzzles etc.

27 systems checked last night,no beacon found. A few 400k ls super crusies in there too:( Ill give it another hour next time im on and if no joy im just gonna look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Don't forget, you need lasers for the new beacons!

I had read anything works? Even MC

• Advertisement

Do you need one ancient key for every ship BP you get at the Guardian sites? I collected 6 ancient keys last night, which turned out to be quite a chore at first as the Anaconda very easily knocks it off its pedestal and it falls down where my scoop can't reach! I had a few tries though and then got it right.

I had read anything works? Even MC

Maybe, was basing that on the info available at the time!
    Do you need one ancient key for every ship BP you get at the Guardian sites? I collected 6 ancient keys last night, which turned out to be quite a chore at first as the Anaconda very easily knocks it off its pedestal and it falls down where my scoop can't reach! I had a few tries though and then got it right.

I presume it works the same as the puzzle from the previous Guardian Ruins where the key was the ancient relic and was consumed on activation. All depends on how much data you receive when you scan the data point at the end.

Limpets?

In response to this development, the Pilots Federation has sealed off the Cone Sector FN-J B9-0 system, which is believed to contain high concentrations of Hydra Interceptors. Despite this, it is understood that the Gnosis, flagship of the Canonn Interstellar Research Group, will attempt to complete its scheduled jump into the now permit-locked system

We so fcuked, I cant wait.

I dont fancy bringing the Corvette 1000ly to get to it.

Gnosis is going down and us with it in an epic fight of Elite Pilots vs Thargoids and asshole players :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    We so fcuked, I cant wait.

I dont fancy bringing the Corvette 1000ly to get to it.

Gnosis is going down and us with it in an epic fight of Elite Pilots vs Thargoids and asshole players :D

They should turn off rebuys for anyone who travels there and turn it into Elite Fortnite!

With the FSD booster its 51 jumps in the Corvette to HD 51502 :(

Like 3 in the Conda :D

I was in synuefe eu-q c21-15 last night and got my 3 Guardian ship blueprints. But as I was driving around and heading back to my ship I heard weapons fire from a ship. I looked back and could see incoming fire from air to ground. A guy in a Krait Mk 2 had come down from orbit and destroyed a parked ASP Explorer. I thought that was really bad form leaving a guy stranded in an SRV, with no choice but to self destruct in the end.

Would be nice if we could interact with each others ships a bit more. For instance letting someone else's SRV board your ship if you were in a wing maybe. I'd also love if Multicrew supported SRV as well.

Man thats a dick move. Tbh though givin that the update is only out and a lot of people are using the same beacon so getting sent to the same structure its not really unexpected.
    Some players were always gonna head out to ruin other peoples day.

After checking 70+ systems last night i decided to concede and look up a beacon location. An hour later i was collecting a vessel BP from a structure. Once you get used to the puzzles finding the pylons isnt all that hard amd the beacon puzzle is also quick. Lots and lots of sentinels for mats aswell.

All im missing is the epsioin data,need another 42 and i can go back and unlock all the SLF's.

Whatever about the other mats,the epsilon data is a little to rare imo. That could do with a tweek.

I would have rammed the krait tbh.

I was following the guide for the weapon blueprints and each time scanning the obelisks and now have 59 epilson data, in the guide it mentions its hard to get. it was the only one I was getting :/

• Advertisement

I would have rammed the krait tbh.

I was following the guide for the weapon blueprints and each time scanning the obelisks and now have 59 epilson data, in the guide it mentions its hard to get. it was the only one I was getting :/

I had coincidentally just gotten back to my Conda when he opened fire. I immediately boarded and took off and approached him. I really wanted to open fire when he replied that he opened fire because 'he was bored' and then admitted it was a "dick move". But I'd lost Anaconda at a beacon 2 days before and I didn't want it to happen again. I know PVP builds can easily take out larger ships that aren't equipped correctly. I don't know how my build would fare against a well engineered Krait Mk 2. I've done some engineering on my build, but I only use it for PVE.

I enjoyed the Guardian base puzzles and the beacon as well. I recommend people do them. But to collect the Epilson/other data I just found a good obelisk, parked my SRV in front of it so I could target from cockpit of SRV and then simply kept relogging in solo mode. I think it took maybe 30 to 45 minutes to go from zero data to plenty. I have currently:

150 Alpha
    150 Beta
    75 Delta
    75 Epsilon
    150 Gamma

I know some people prefer not to log out and login. But it seems to be assumed by the game designers you will do this now.

There'll always be d!cks at these sites at the start. There's a good reason I went out there in my fully armed Krait

Unfortunately it's always been the game design that you have to grind and relog to get sufficient amounts of data/mats! There's much better ways that you could organically acquire all the relevant data whilst doing these missions (x data for scanning y, etc) but unfortunately FDev are notoriously poor at removing unnecessary grind from all their games, not just ED.

Also, just a tip for everyone: if your ship gets destroyed whilst you're in your SRV just log off and launch the non-Horizons version of the game and you'll spawn in your ship in orbit of the planet you were on!

There'll always be d!cks at these sites at the start. There's a good reason I went out there in my fully armed Krait

Unfortunately it's always been the game design that you have to grind and relog to get sufficient amounts of data/mats! There's much better ways that you could organically acquire all the relevant data whilst doing these missions (x data for scanning y, etc) but unfortunately FDev are notoriously poor at removing unnecessary grind from all their games, not just ED.

Also, just a tip for everyone: if your ship gets destroyed whilst you're in your SRV just log off and launch the non-Horizons version of the game and you'll spawn in your ship in orbit of the planet you were on!

That's an excellent tip! Thanks!!

Aboit 40 mins relogging infront of 3 obelisks last night netted me 9 epsilon. I had to go to bed then.

RNGesus hates me so:(

Ah, I see what you're doing wrong, you need to pray to Lord Braben!!

Aboit 40 mins relogging infront of 3 obelisks last night netted me 9 epsilon. I had to go to bed then.

I went to obelisk 08 at point A.

https://ruins.canonn.technology/#GR1

I got what I posted above after sitting there for about the same time as you.

• Advertisement

Ah, I see what you're doing wrong, you need to pray to Lord Braben!!

DBOBE? :D

Reckon i could just be unlucky by the sounds of it. Ive already got most of the guardian weapons and a ton of every other type of data and material from when i was unlocking them,just not the epsilon data. I logged out in the ruin last night. Ill be staying there till i get the 78 epsilon data.

Could be worse, I had a massive amount of them after the very first guardian sites turned up and thought they were useless so dumped them all (due to the materials limit at the time and nothing to use them on). So now I've only 26 Epsilon data...

I got all mine where the weapon blueprints are.

Developed a little run to coincide with the actual shooting the pylons.

In case anyone misses it Frontier made an important announcement about the future of the game today

Very interesting read

Ha,"Were not going to give you the stuff we said we would in Q4,just some of it,but dont worry,some considerable time down the road were going to give you something else thats just amazing,maybe. But its a secret,so we wont tell you what it is"

They really cant stick to a roadmap.

Im disappointed but not surprised,the radio silence for the last few months even in the focus feedback forums has been glaring.

Looks like store content for LEP holders,there will be salt over that.

• Advertisement

Seems to be a lot of salt on reddit and the forums already but yer man Zac seems to be answering them pretty well.

A lot of my friends who play the game are developers themselves and really doubted they'd be able to get fleet carriers implemented properly in a year without it being a total bug fest. To me it reads as "we've come up with something that's huge but we need these parts to work with it too, so we'll give them to you when they work" so in that regard it totally makes sense to me

In case anyone misses it Frontier made an important announcement about the future of the game today

Very interesting read

I have no issues with that.

But i believe I am a sane person who believes that once you purchase a game you get exactly what you paid for. I got that with ED and have no issue with them monetizing future content.

I will not rant on Reddit.
    I will not give a negative review on steam because of this.
    I will not tweet any sort of **** about "fix your game"
    Same for FB and other things I dont use.

I honestly feel i am in the minority here with gamers and games, i have 7 games i play and follow them on the (What i thought was the cancer) Reddit.

it is the cancer, literally every game i play if i read the reddit or twitter about them its the worst game in the world.

Gamers are fcuktards....

I see it differently,i see a company thats very slow to do anything in Frontier.

Theres a lot to love in Elite but i also believe theres a lot to loathe and plenty of missed oppurtunity.

I am disappointed and will leave my feedback on their forums as they ask for it.

Weather they will have something "amazing" doen the road is debatable imo,can you really believe them?

There always letting things slip. Find it hard to be excited about the game at the moment tbh.

Beyond has been a bit of a damp squib imo with some highs but nothing major really.

I dont mind paying for content,but they must have known that beyond wasnt really worth anything.

tbh you unfortunately represent everything thats wrong with "gamers"

you got your 30 quid worth but demand more..........

1,000 hours and review is negative as the game needs more content....

I see people mentioning NMS a lot. I bought it and played it for 10 to 15 hours and then got bored. The planets are visually very nice to walk around, but become very samey after a while. It was also a grind. In contrast I've 460 hours in Elite and I'm still loving it. I didn't even buy my Rift for Elite, just thought I'd give it a go since I bought the Rift... best VR experience out there right now is Elite Dangerous!

I do get the complaints on some of the persistent bugs. But this game is huge and is a lot of fun to play. What I don't get is the excessive negativity. But maybe I do, it is the Internet after all! Anything goes :)

Lol,gamers? What does that even mean?

Its a massive generalisation thats flung around now in a disparaging way when someone doesnt agree with you from what i see.

Maybe dont look to be so offended?

Most of what you just said doesnt even apply to what i said anyway.

I see people mentioning NMS a lot. I bought it and played it for 10 to 15 hours and then got bored. The planets are visually very nice to walk around, but become very samey after a while. It was also a grind. In contrast I've 460 hours in Elite and I'm still loving it. I didn't even buy my Rift for Elite, just thought I'd give it a go since I bought the Rift... best VR experience out there right now is Elite Dangerous!

I do get the complaints on some of the persistent bugs. But this game is huge and is a lot of fun to play. What I don't get is the excessive negativity. But maybe I do, it is the Internet after all! Anything goes :)

I think personally think a lot of the negativity comes from frustration from parts of the playerbase. As you say a lot of it is not justified but that doesnt mean some isnt.

Elite is my most played game by far. The game owes me nothing.

If i didnt want the game to be all it can i wouldnt bother leaving feedback or playing it as much as i do.

Im disappointed they have let things slip again,as many others are also. Losing two headline features from what was supposed to be the big update for this year is a blow,thats discounting the premium content thats been pushed back also. Which i would have had zero problem paying for if it added to the game.

In the long run this all may be for a greater good,only frontier knows currently why they went this route.

Time will tell.

Look at it this way. Fleet carriers are potentially something that will have an effect on almost every aspect of the game. When it comes to integrating something of that scale (that was originally never considered) into a preexisting ecosystem you have to consider the impact it will have elsewhere. So maybe during the coding process they found that there were too many critical game breaking bugs that couldn't be squashed in time. Even something as small as a missing semi-colon can turn out to be hours if not days of work for one dev alone.

So looking at the already massive scale of the game I totally respect Frontier for standing up 4 months before the content is even expected and saying it wont be ready, they could have just cut it and said it can't be done. That's all part of the development process. If they were to try hammer the game together and stick bits on with chewing gum then they may as well just change the name to Elite: Colonial Marines...

Development is a long and difficult process, depending on scale, people need to realise that!

Look at it this way. Fleet carriers are potentially something that will have an effect on almost every aspect of the game. When it comes to integrating something of that scale (that was originally never considered) into a preexisting ecosystem you have to consider the impact it will have elsewhere. So maybe during the coding process they found that there were too many critical game breaking bugs that couldn't be squashed in time. Even something as small as a missing semi-colon can turn out to be hours if not days of work for one dev alone.

So looking at the already massive scale of the game I totally respect Frontier for standing up 4 months before the content is even expected and saying it wont be ready, they could have just cut it and said it can't be done. That's all part of the development process. If they were to try hammer the game together and stick bits on with chewing gum then they may as well just change the name to Elite: Colonial Marines...

Development is a long and difficult process, depending on scale, people need to realise that!

It seems to be a VERY difficult process for frontier compared to other companies.

A lot of people give them a pass as they assume elite is somehow much more difficult to code for than any other game. But unless your a dev yourself and have access to the games code how would you know thats the case?

How do you know this year is not a product of diverted resources within frontier? I guess we never will know.

If the exoloration and mining in Q4 turn out to be great and expanded ill be still playing,if not ill move on to something else. No big deal.

Some players of this game cant take criticism of it at all. They think if someone mentions anything negative that they are somehow the problem.

Simply put i would prefer more ED than ED:2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

As much as I love this game with easily 1000 hours invested and having dropped almost 200 quid on Hotas's just for it, Fdev really is a joke of a developer for causing disappointment with their player base by just not communicating with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i got my monies worth from it, but it was a fairly bland experience i only played it for so long as it had no comparable game out really. I Dont get all the drama it's been out a long time now.

Anyone here doing kill missions in Stross Installation? I'm available for wing missions :)

I am tucked up on the Gnosis ready to unleash hell on the Hyrdas.

I am in an unarmed Conda tho so this will go well.

I am tucked up on the Gnosis ready to unleash hell on the Hyrdas.

I am in an unarmed Conda tho so this will go well.

Good luck! Would love to join this mission. But I already took a detour to Colonia before and want to stick around the bubble for a bit longer now.

Will be heading that way before thursday anyway, just need to work on unlocking some fighters and guardian weapons before hand...just need to turn the game on!!

Will be heading that way before thursday anyway, just need to work on unlocking some fighters and guardian weapons before hand...just need to turn the game on!!

You can be my bodyguard and I will call you Al?

You can be my bodyguard and I will call you Al?

I guess I could be an Al!

Will be using the Krait for this. Have the vessel blueprints from before for the fighters so only need a few more Epsilon data for the Javelin fighter (best DPS from what I can tell). Pretty sure I've the power headroom to fit 3 Shard cannons and will think about the rest. Looking at maybe a slight hybrid build, one that can explore but also one that can fight also. It's pretty much set up that way as is, 40ly range with large PA's and MCs, ADS and surface scanner, SRV and so on. So will swap in guardian stuff that I think is best. There's outfitting on the Gnosis right?

I'll be bounty hunting for 1 or 2 days near Haxel Port in LTT 15574.

https://eddb.io/station/2084

I want to see if I can efficiently farm mats from NPCs I blow up in Haz Res using limpet collectors. Just never used these before. If anyone wants to join me they are most welcome. The more people the faster the NPCs blow up :)

I'll be in a Conda called the "Bebop" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I'll be bounty hunting for 1 or 2 days near Haxel Port in LTT 15574.

https://eddb.io/station/2084

I want to see if I can efficiently farm mats from NPCs I blow up in Haz Res using limpet collectors. Just never used these before. If anyone wants to join me they are most welcome. The more people the faster the NPCs blow up smile.png

I'll be in a Conda called the "Bebop" smile.png

You can and I do it all the time. Get a high-end limpet collector, launch some limpets but DO NOT TARGET any mats otherwise the drones are one use only, leave cargo bay open, kill mobs and just chill in-between kills as the drones scoop everything up :)

Advertisement