Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elite: Dangerous

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What mats are in Haz res that are worth collecting?

Other than juicy T9 Murder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

dreamers75 wrote: »
    What mats are in Haz res that are worth collecting?

Other than juicy T9 Murder?

I saw on the Frontier forums someone had posted a screenshot of Elite NPC kills dropping Pharmaceutical Isolators, which is one thing I'm looking for. I want to go from DD4 to DD5 :)

Other than that I just like blowing up NPCs, so if I can collect some useful engineering stuff at the same time, I'll do so.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/411960-Grade-5-material-drops-from-Anaconda

Venom wrote: »
    You can and I do it all the time. Get a high-end limpet collector, launch some limpets but DO NOT TARGET any mats otherwise the drones are one use only, leave cargo bay open, kill mobs and just chill in-between kills as the drones scoop everything up :)

I had read about the single use limpets if you target. But how many controllers should I need? I fitted a 5a & 3a limpet controller. Is there any point in having more than one? I also loaded 32 limpets into my cargo hold, is that usually enough?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Does the larger limpet controller not supersede the smaller? As in the 3a wont (and shouldn't) work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I had read about the single use limpets if you target. But how many controllers should I need? I fitted a 5a & 3a limpet controller. Is there any point in having more than one? I also loaded 32 limpets into my cargo hold, is that usually enough?

Thanks!

I just use a single 5A so not sure if they stack but I would go with 50%-75% cargo space full of them as you can go through them fast and mats don't take up cargo space.

I never fly with cargo items unless its for a mission, as NPC's go nuts interdicting you when you have cargo in your hold.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tips! I'll remove the 3A controller so. I was just messing about last night before going to bed. I was going to try them out, but flew out to the Haz Res point and then realised I had no 'ammo' for my limpet controllers :) I then just went back to dock and decided I'd try tomorrow after getting some sleep :)

5800 ships on the Gnosis, should like disembarking a standard Ryanair flight so.

5800 ships on the Gnosis, should like disembarking a standard Ryanair flight so.

That's a lot! It's a shame we can't all live in the same server instance. Would be an amazing sight to see that many ships.

@dreamers75 Not sure how capable she'll be but here's the build for the Krait. Making my way out to the Gnosis at the moment, didn't realise how far out it is! Should make it out tomorrow evening.

On board the Gnosis now!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

On board the Gnosis now!

When is it jumping? Probably won't get a chance to get there now.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    When is it jumping? Probably won't get a chance to get there now.

During the server downtime at 8am morrow, the new patch contains.
    Hi all,

We will be taking the galaxy servers down Thursday the 6th September from 8AM (BST). They will be down for approximately 10-40 minutes.

Fixes and Improvements

Ships

Alliance Challenger, Chieftain & Crusader
    Fixed various visual issues with hardpoints.
    Lance Guardian Fighter
    Addressed an overheating issue when firing
    Weapons & Modules:
    Fixed large missile racks being unable to resupply ammunition using synthesis
    Added:
    Raaxla
    Alien Mothership

Also....11,000

FZpGyiC.png

Haha Raxxla & Alien Mothership...almost had me there!

Nearly 11200 ships, that must be the vast majority of the active player base now? Open play could be fun(ish)...

Dammit i spelled Raxxla wrong (its in the game since day dot according to FD) if it is and it was permit locked, that would annoy a lot of people.

Instancing will be a nightmare morrow.

i dont have an issue with what may happen tomorrow or what most likely wont.

I reckon a clue to raxxla will be found and thats it, the longest in game story will continue for many more years.

Gonna be really hard to avoid spoiling whatever happens! My curiosity will probably get the better of me, especially if work is quiet (which it may be).

I don't mind what happens either. I like the fact that nothing has really been hinted at, aside the fact that it's apparently full of Hydra variants, which means we're f*cked! My feeling is the Gnosis will be crippled by the thargoids and there'll be various CGs spinning off of that for the duration of the month. But a hint towards Raxxla would be great, been well over a year or two since one of those, the exploration CGs to Heart and Soul Nebulae was the last I think.
    Dammit i spelled Raxxla wrong (its in the game since day dot according to FD) if it is and it was permit locked, that would annoy a lot of people.

D!ck move like that wouldn't surprise me!

That's only 2100 ly from where I am. That wasn't much of a jump! Might head that way if there is something worth seeing there?

Hasn't even left the system it was using as a rally point, literally moved from the 4th planet to the 8th, presumably it was instantly hyperdicted as it went to jump.

Servers are down currently for the update/tick but I'm guessing there'll be disgruntled CMDRs killing each other and some thargoids too. CG to save/defend the Gnosis pretty much guaranteed now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bit of an anti-climax.

• Advertisement

Sort of but I'd argue that it was a little predictable and mainly player driven (emergent gameplay?) fueled by a single speculative Galnet article.

How anti-climactic it is depends now on what happens next and how the community reacts.

Reports on reddit that the Gnosis is under heavy attack in game! It's not happening in the server tick and magically screwed anymore!

Holy crap:

Reports on reddit that the Gnosis is under heavy attack in game! It's not happening in the server tick and magically screwed anymore!

Holy crap:

That looks somewhat fun :) I'm not 100% Thargoid ready though, so I'm glad I didn't join in yet. All I have left in the bubble is my Anaconda. My more disposable fighting ship (FDL) is in Colonia.

Hah maybe not as much of an anti climax then. Glad I didn't go now though, I wouldn't be able to afford the rebuys for long.

The one stupid thing they did is leave the no fire zone enabled, so cmdrs are picking up fines whilst defending the Gnosis and getting sent to a detention centre on rebuy...1400ly away :rolleyes:

Edit 1: so apparently the 'goids aren't supposed to be instantly attacking on/before leaving the station (which is kinda cool if you ask me) and players shouldn't be getting fines. Also, seems solo play is no longer solo! All being investigated at the moment so may be hot fixed. QA fail!

Edit 2: Fixed

RIP Anaconda

It did look cool in the ship, then leaving the ship they instantly attacked me but i am dedded.....43% hull and decreasing due to caustic attack.

Didnt even get a shot off.

It was probably not having guns that caused that.

You can burn off the caustic damage by overheating the ship

So fly into the sun, gotcha!

Or silent running, whichever is preferable at the time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

As much as this event was a bit of a mess,if Frontier can make the weekly system defence like this with the attacked stations being defended(progress bar or not) and not just destroyed on server tick,it would be very welcome.

They need to make the system your in defending feel like its really been attacked.

Dunno if you were on the Gnosis but they ****ing attacked, after my Conda died (RIP Klaatch Express) I went back out with some guns and it was awesome, they were literally attacking the station. I had zero alien tech but with a 4A and some help I could damage a scout ship.

it was fcuking awesome in my instance, nice I had some of the AXI in my instance literally raping the aliens.

Dunno if you were on the Gnosis but they ****ing attacked, after my Conda died (RIP Klaatch Express) I went back out with some guns and it was awesome, they were literally attacking the station. I had zero alien tech but with a 4A and some help I could damage a scout ship.

it was fcuking awesome in my instance, nice I had some of the AXI in my instance literally raping the aliens.

Is it worth heading out there in a combat ship?

It'd want to be something seriously beefy plus it's a 1600ly trip! Managed to take down a few marauders and limp away in the Krait but not willing to take on an interceptor, not the ones out there anyway!

Is it worth heading out there in a combat ship?

Its carnage, while you are leaving the ship they are firing at you.

7 attacking when i was leaving the ship and AXI took out pretty much all of them, more came then.

Its carnage, while you are leaving the ship they are firing at you.

7 attacking when i was leaving the ship and AXI took out pretty much all of them, more came then.

I'm going to show my ignorance here, forgive me. But what is AXI?

I'll post my current ship configuration when I get a hold of it. I only have it on Inara at the moment and I don't think I can export it from there?

• Advertisement

Nevermind, found some info :)

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/390599-Anti-Xeno-Combat-Initiative-and-Ship-Outfit-Suggestions-for-All

It's nice they have so many suggested ship builds. I'll use it as a guide at least!

Just be aware kitting out your ship like that will cost you time and your DPS will only matter vs aliens.

I am tempted to make their Corvette and go back to the gnosis and Avenge my Conda.

uhh another 3 or 7 corvettes would make me feel safer

~3200ly round trip to get the vette...might just load the Krait with hull reinforcements

~3200ly round trip to get the vette...might just load the Krait with hull reinforcements

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o6ZsYCeLYbfcGZKbC/giphy-downsized.gif

On the way back for the vette now. Gonna take a good while!

• Advertisement

Same Corvette is on its way to me where I have the AX weapons.

Then its 1300 back to the Gnosis, have you got the AXI loadout? Not too keen on shieldless in the Corvette :D

No, not confident without the shields to be honest.

I've a whole pile of guardian hull reinforcements on the way out there and some other bits. But have shard cannons and plasma chargers on it at the moment, will need to adjust it a little.

Made it back earlier and decided to head out for the craic despite not having everything I needed. Bumped into a Hydra on my travels, was dead in less than a minute!

I have the load out installed at Woyeru but it has shield boosters and no shield, I think thats a mistake.

it says get hull integrity to high but isnt lamped with Hull reinforcements.

I have no upgrades for aliens on my ship and its at 27ly so 51 jumps, if you close to Woyeru wanna get a few Normal aliens near maia (its close).

Integrity is 1025 on Coriolos mine is 2053

Yeah, really odd build!

I'm out at the Gnosis!

May just leave it until tomorrow at this stage but maia sounds like a good shout so will head that way then. Do some bug hunting then?

yeah i gonna play some Siege for a bit, I need to collect some Propulsion Elements for synthesis.
    Part of a Thargoid ship's propulsion system. These elements are found when damaging or fully destroying a Thargoid ship. Research into these materials is currently ongoing, with many engineers speculating that these items could hold the key to developing anti-Thargoid technologies, such as guidance systems, thrusters and ship systems. Therefore, Thargoid related materials are highly sought after for scientific research or can be used in the synthesis of various anti-Thargoid ammunition types.

Well thats unfortunate......

Sess Eoinhef up for some bug hunting?

Jeez, be an awful shame if some were to end up in our material bays!

Have been converting all my legacy mods and doing some upgrading last few days. I really hate grinding for this stuff!

https://s.orbis.zone/cr7

This is now what I use for kill pirate lord missions and haz res bounty hunting. I tried having a few incendiary experimental, but the heat was too hard to keep an eye on!

What I love about the Anaconda is the swiss army knife nature of the beast. It's easy enough to have a build that's good at doing most things :)

yeah i gonna play some Siege for a bit, I need to collect some Propulsion Elements for synthesis.

Well thats unfortunate......

Sess Eoinhef up for some bug hunting?

I would love to join you! Any suggestions on a build? I'd love to do something different :)

How does this look for an anti-thargoid build?

https://s.orbis.zone/cu3

AX Multicannons aren't great. Have you access to any of the guardian weapons?

• Advertisement
Advertisement