Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Final 2013/14 Arsenal v Hull AFC KO 17.00 hours ITV and BT Sport

Comments

• Lol Roy Keane on Fergie...

We tried to throw him up but not catch him hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Agueroooo wrote: »
    :pac: Ahh here just enjoy your win.

Nothing as bad as a sore winner.

I'm not a sore winner by any amount. Honestly I'm not. It is nice though to shut some posters up who have been throwing in one line hit and run jibes all year.

I know another poster has been shot down for this but I just feel that with the new finances available to us, and with some of our younger players progressing to where we want them to be, that we might kick on from this. It feels like we have laid the foundations and now we can move on. The Cup, even if won in less than convincing fashion could be just the ticket to break the ice and allow us make the next step up now that the monkey is off our back.

I feel bad for Hull, who were decent throughout and tried to play to their strengths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Brilliant quote there from Keane on Ferguson :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Who could deny us that win?? Arsenal I Love You!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Who could deny us that win?? Arsenal I Love You!!!!

We nearly did! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jesus Christ, Bully! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

4qmyow.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

1zf6dxx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Deserved win for an excellent season! Nice to rub Jose's nose in failure statement. Karma's a bitch for some. Great cup final!

Shane Long was the difference though :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

since arsenal won their previous trophy he [Mourinho] has
    Premier League Title
    FA Cup
    League Cup
    Serie A x 2
    Coppa Italia
    Champions League
    La Liga
    Copa Del Rey
    FIFA World Coach of the year.

Keep up and Grow up

That list is nothing without the Emirates Cup and the 4th place trophy mate so your attempts to spoil our fun has gone up in smokes :D

My favourite picture of the day! :)

10338329_10204066652326505_1706558239554716846_n.jpg

• Advertisement

:pac::pac:

even in an Arsenal Hull game you manage to get in a pathetic jibe against Chelsea.

since arsenal won their previous trophy he has
    Premier League Title
    FA Cup
    League Cup
    Serie A x 2
    Coppa Italia
    Champions League
    La Liga
    Copa Del Rey
    FIFA World Coach of the year.

Keep up and Grow up

Imagine Mourinho sacrificing his career for the good of a footballs clubs future. Thats right he wouldn't, Wenger has more class in his baby finger than Mourinho will ever have and thats a fact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

4qmyow.jpg

Is that Wenger at the left of the photo being too overcome by the noise and sticking his fingers in his ears?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know what's the story with the highlights ? UTV says they're scheduled for 11-12pm but there's some dumb movie on instead, missed the game earlier so wouldn't mind seeing it but they're not showing it as scheduled for some reason, maybe coz it ran into extra time and delayed everything else for the evening ?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know what's the story with the highlights ? UTV says they're scheduled for 11-12pm but there's some dumb movie on instead, missed the game earlier so wouldn't mind seeing it but they're not showing it as scheduled for some reason, maybe coz it ran into extra time and delayed everything else for the evening ?

Starting at 11.50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

abelard wrote: »
    Is that Wenger at the left of the photo being too overcome by the noise and sticking his fingers in his ears?

Your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Well done Arsenal, **** you Meyler. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Missed the first half of this match but think Arsenal deserved the win. Great final overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Paleface wrote: »
    Your point?

None. It just looked a bit funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Imagine Mourinho sacrificing his career for the good of a footballs clubs future. Thats right he wouldn't, Wenger has more class in his baby finger than Mourinho will ever have and thats a fact!

Mourinho has won more though, I don't think anyone except keyboard gremlins on boards care about having "class"

Mourinho has won more though, I don't think anyone except keyboard gremlins on boards care about having "class"

Well maybe if Wenger had of hopped off to top clubs every other year he would of won more than Jose. He turned down job offers from tops clubs all over Europe for a long term project at Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Seeing Wenger happy yesterday made me smile. He and Arsenal deserved the trophy.

The Mourinho d1ckish comments earlier in the season must make it that bit sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Well maybe if Wenger had of hopped off to top clubs every other year he would of won more than Jose. He turned down job offers from tops clubs all over Europe for a long term project at Arsenal.

he didn't though, and he did win less, which is what matters in competitive sports, so I don't know what you're getting at. If there was a "classy" trophy, by all means take that. Dario Gradi was at Crewe for 25 years, doesn't make him a better manager than Mourinho.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Seeing Wenger happy yesterday made me smile. He and Arsenal deserved the trophy.

The Mourinho d1ckish comments earlier in the season must make it that bit sweeter.

lol he's not 9 years old in a playground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

lol he's not 9 years old in a playground

Someone needs to tell him that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

he didn't though, and he did win less, which is what matters in competitive sports, so I don't know what you're getting at. If there was a "classy" trophy, by all means take that. Dario Gradi was at Crewe for 25 years, doesn't make him a better manager than Mourinho.

He loves Arsenal and he'd do everything for the club and the fans.

Mourinho inspires no love or loyalty in football and his legacy will be nothing compared to the one Wenger leaves behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Nice to see wenger win something again but it's only papering over the cracks. Arsenal need a change badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

niallo27 wrote: »
    Nice to see wenger win something again but it's only papering over the cracks. Arsenal need a change badly.

Been more successful than Liverpool this year, despite having far more games and far worse luck with injuries. Does Rodgers need to go too?

Been more successful than Liverpool this year, despite having far more games and far worse luck with injuries. Does Rodgers need to go too?

No Rodgers went from 7th to 2nd. There has been no real improvement when it comes to arsenal and the league in the last few years, a fresh start is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

No Rodgers went from 7th to 2nd. There has been no real improvement when it comes to arsenal and the league in the last few years, a fresh start is needed.

They finished on 79 points and won the fa cup, I don't know about you but I would consider that an improvement on last year.

Might want to read up a little on Arsenal's performances in recent years before making that claim and looking stupid.

Oh well, too late.

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »
    They finished on 79 points and won the fa cup, I don't know about you but I would consider that an improvement on last year.

4th place though. Same failings as every other year in the league. Do arsenal fans really think they will be title contenders next year.

4th place though. Same failings as every other year in the league. Do arsenal fans really think they will be title contenders next year.

With the right signings I dont see why not.

Oh no, you keep doing it. Silly Niall.

What happened last year? I think you'll find they were different failings this time! more easily fixable too. Bit more squad depth, be grand.

Might want to read up a little on Arsenal's performances in recent years before making that claim and looking stupid.

Oh well, too late.

Is this years 4th better than last years 4th.

shano_88 wrote: »
    With the right signings I dont see why not.

Are we not hearing that for the last 7 or 8 years though.

Are we not hearing that for the last 7 or 8 years though.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

It's funny when people get all of their opinions from Sky Sports News. Leads to some very misinformed fools thinking they know the ins and outs of every club because they listen to what the nice TV man spoonfeeds them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It's funny when people get all of their opinions from Sky Sports News. Leads to some very misinformed fools thinking they know the ins and outs of every club because they listen to what the nice TV man spoonfeeds them.

I wouldn't even bother with him, he likes to come into our thread, post some nonsense, and post some other nonsense that contradicts his previous nonsense soon afterwards.

Look back at the arsenal thread. I said arsenal being top was a false position and I got the usual abuse. You can come back with all the excuses you want for it but it happens every year. Arsenal should be competing not be happy with just CL qualification.

I wouldn't even bother with him, he likes to come into our thread, post some nonsense, and post some other nonsense that contradicts his previous nonsense soon afterwards.

Right fair enough. Everything is wonderful at arsenal and you lot will probably win the league by 20 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ramsey and Walcott being fit would probably negate the need for a lot of signings for Arsenal too. Someone to compete with Giroud and Flamini and it's a very solid team everywhere on the pitch when they're all not injured :p

Right fair enough. Everything is wonderful at arsenal and you lot will probably win the league by 20 points.

And finally were on the same page!

• Advertisement

Didn't say that, all I said was it isn't worth arguing anything with you and your hypocrisies.

Look back at the arsenal thread. I said arsenal being top was a false position and I got the usual abuse. You can come back with all the excuses you want for it but it happens every year. Arsenal should be competing not be happy with just CL qualification.

:pac:

You said enough things on the Arsenal thread that no matter what happened you'd be able to point to something that could be interpreted as true. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

But he win nothing. he bottled what should have been a certain title. All he done was create a team who can't get over the line and they're captained by someone who can't control his own emotions and can't handle the pressure of a title challenge.

we've finished on more points than last year, win a trophy and we look to improve our squad. we were top for most of the year. all we need to do is develop the squad to enable us to stay there. it is an improvement whether some opposition fans would like to admit ity our not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

An Arsenal fan criticising other teams about bottling it and not being able to handle the pressure of a title challenge. :pac:

Quazzie wrote: »
    But he win nothing. he bottled what should have been a certain title. All he done was create a team who can't get over the line and they're captained by someone who can't control his own emotions and can't handle the pressure of a title challenge.

we've finished on more points than last year, win a trophy and we look to improve our squad. we were top for most of the year. all we need to do is develop the squad to enable us to stay there. it is an improvement whether some opposition fans would like to admit ity our not.

If you call losing one game to a team in 2nd place as bottling it well then we are all ****ed. Yes arsenal finished with more points but same position and that's all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I love the fact that which ever teams thread it is, its always liverpool fans causing the friction, dont throw bricks when ya live in a glass house boys, bottled it and with the added fixtures next year, expect a big step backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

cathalio11 wrote: »
    He loves Arsenal and he'd do everything for the club and the fans.

Mourinho inspires no love or loyalty in football and his legacy will be nothing compared to the one Wenger leaves behind.

"No love or loyalty" - perhaps not for opposition fans, you can say what you want about his eccentric comments, yes he is an ass sometimes but this statement is ludicrous.
    Love - Chelsea fans adore him, win or lose perhaps too much at times
    Loyalty - His players may have a different opinion, for the turmoil he caused at Madrid, there are some players there who still backed him, his current players fully back him.
    Legacy - He is more than capable of leaving a legacy, the Chelsea team he built underachieved when he left but still won a league. He is relatively young and if the indications he has given are anything to go by, he is in the process of building a legacy.

Wenger has done a fantastic job for English football, as he has for Arsenal but your claims are unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

If you call losing one game to a team in 2nd place as bottling it well then we are all ****ed. Yes arsenal finished with more points but same position and that's all that matters.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

You sad bitter little 'fan'.

For all the right reasons I wanted Liverpool to win. You're the silver lining though.

I'm personally delighted for you that they blew it.

Your team have still never won the PL.

Yes arsenal finished with more points but same position and that's all that matters.

And a cup. Which is all that matters. Of course it was a better season.

gosplan wrote: »
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

You sad bitter little 'fan'.

For all the right reasons I wanted Liverpool to win. You're the silver lining though.

I'm personally delighted for you that they blew it.

Your team have still never won the PL.

Bit harsh that. I love the way if you criticize any team on here your automatically bitter. Answer me this what's going change next year to make you think arsenal will challenge.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement