Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Final 2013/14 Arsenal v Hull AFC KO 17.00 hours ITV and BT Sport

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Raf32 wrote: »
    I love the fact that which ever teams thread it is, its always liverpool fans causing the friction, dont throw bricks when ya live in a glass house boys, bottled it and with the added fixtures next year, expect a big step backwards.

Haha I love how an arsenal fan talks about bottle . It's a well known phrase by a lot of people that doing an arsenal is bottling it .
    It has taken 9 years for your club to win a trophy . In that 9 years you have only came within touching distance of a league title once and haven't gotten very far in Europe .
    Liverpool have challenged for the league twice , got further in Europe , won the FA and league cup . They have also come with minutes of administration too . I also love the talk of bottle . When it came time for a team to be counted Liverpool went on one hell of an unbeaten streak . While arsenal surrendered top spot .

Anyway hope you guys enjoyed yesterday .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It has taken 9 years for your club to win a trophy . In that 9 years you have only came within touching distance of a league title once and haven't gotten very far in Europe .
    Sorry, I didn't realise that being within 15 minutes of winning the Champions League is "not getting very far in Europe". But carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Haha I love how an arsenal fan talks about bottle . It's a well known phrase by a lot of people that doing an arsenal is bottling it .
    Liverpool have challenged for the league twice , got further in Europe , won the FA and league cup . They have also come with minutes of administration too . I also love the talk of bottle . When it came time for a team to be counted Liverpool went on one hell of an unbeaten streak . While arsenal surrendered top spot .

Yeah... Thats not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

niallo27 wrote: »
    Bit harsh that. I love the way if you criticize any team on here your automatically bitter. Answer me this what's going change next year to make you think arsenal will challenge.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Bah ha ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

What happened to Liverpools top spot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Omeceron wrote: »
    What happened to Liverpools top spot?

They had a little slip. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its nice to see 2 other teams have fights bar one being United.

Continue away there lads ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Well if We could play just 43 games a season then of course we'd improve our final position!

Its nice to see 2 other teams have fights bar one being United.

Continue away there lads ;)

It's kind of a Liverpool + 1 thing.

I genuinely think some of their supporters define their relationship with football in a chip on the shoulder kind of way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bn6bM0wIQAAHqJn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

gosplan wrote: »
    It's kind of a Liverpool + 1 thing.

I genuinely think some of their supporters define their relationship with football in a chip on the shoulder kind of way.

Some of best posters here are Pool fans

Most are fine, but I know what you mean.

Some are just in state of shock at minute. :p

Some of best posters here are Pool fans

Most are fine, but I know what you mean.

Some are just in state of shock at minute. :p

Absolutely, no doubt about that.

They tend to stay in their own forum more though though, actually supporting Liverpool rather than busying themselves 'debating' the flaws of other teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

gosplan wrote: »
    Absolutely, no doubt about that.

They tend to stay in their own forum more though though, actually supporting Liverpool rather than busying themselves 'debating' the flaws of other teams.

Just talking football. This place would be ****e if we all told each other how wonderful we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Perhaps this chap turned off at half time and thinks Hull won?

Just talking football. This place would be ****e if we all told each other how wonderful we are.

Nope. It's actually more crap than ever this way and you can see that from all the quality posters who have left to have reasonable intelligent discussions elsewhere.

Oh yeah

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

No Rodgers went from 7th to 2nd. There has been no real improvement when it comes to arsenal and the league in the last few years, a fresh start is needed.

Just because Rogers was poor in his prior year doesn't make 7th to 2nd more impressive. The previous year Everton and Spurs finished ahead of them it was an awful year and most wanted him out.

This year they were a lot better but it was one year and that's it, nothing won and really poor in the cups.

Arsenal won an FA cup this year only City had a better season and looking at your posts it's bothering you and that makes it so much nicer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If you call losing one game to a team in 2nd place as bottling it well then we are all ****ed. Yes arsenal finished with more points but same position and that's all that matters.

You also threw away a 3-0 lead against a relegation threatened side with fifteen minutes to go when you were still genuinely in with a shot of winning it.

That's bottling of the highest order in my book.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Just because Rogers was poor in his prior year doesn't make 7th to 2nd more impressive. The previous year Everton and Spurs finished ahead of them it was an awful year and most wanted him out.

This year they were a lot better but it was one year and that's it, nothing won and really poor in the cups.

Arsenal won an FA cup this year only City had a better season and looking at your posts it's bothering you and that makes it so much nicer!

I have being saying for a while now arsenal need a change way before the FA cup final. Do you honestly think I would swap arsenals season for Liverpools. This refusal to take any sign of criticism is a bit odd.

I have being saying for a while now arsenal need a change way before the FA cup final. Do you honestly think I would swap arsenals season for Liverpools. This refusal to take any sign of criticism is a bit odd.

The pot always refuses criticism from the kettle.

Quazzie wrote: »
    The pot always refuses criticism from the kettle.

Liverpool have exceeded all expectations have they not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Honestly, no.

But we're much happier with ours, baby! :pac:

Liverpool have exceeded all expectations have they not.

I think Arsenal have too. That's where we differ though. I can see past my own nose. You don't seem to be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

You have been saying a lot for a long while now and if you throw enough **** some will stick.

Swap or don't swap any season you want but we won an FA Cup and finished 8pts off doing a double. We got to the last 16 of the CL also.

Liverpool finished 3 pts from winning the league, that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

cathalio11 wrote: »
    He loves Arsenal and he'd do everything for the club and the fans.

Mourinho inspires no love or loyalty in football and his legacy will be nothing compared to the one Wenger leaves behind.

who gives a flying fuck if he inspires love or loyalty, a manager is in it to win trophies. Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world in the moment. Won't leave behind a legacy? That's idiotic to say. His record speaks for itself.

Mourinho speaks his mind and I really don't think he cares about what keyboard gremlins say about him on the internet. Best manager Chelsea ever had.

It's also hilarious to certain fans of a certain club go into a tantrum whenever he says anything as if it hides the fact they haven't beaten him this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

who gives a flying fuck if he inspires love or loyalty, a manager is in it to win trophies. Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world in the moment. Won't leave behind a legacy? That's idiotic to say. His record speaks for itself.

Mourinho speaks his mind and I really don't think he cares about what keyboard gremlins say about him on the internet. Best manager Chelsea ever had.

It's also hilarious to certain fans of a certain club go into a tantrum whenever he says anything as if it hides the fact they haven't beaten him this season.

Didn't beat him, but had a better season ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

AdamD wrote: »
    Didn't beat him, but had a better season ;)

thats subjective :pac:

How. It's all about winning trophies according to your previous post, so using your criteria do you concede that Arsene Wenger has been a better manager this year than Jose Mourinho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Speaking for myself, but I think I'd rather a cup than a measly, useless 3 extra points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's not even.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement