Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What will you be watching?

• 17-05-2014 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

As much as I love FA cup final day I think I'll be watching Barca v Athletico.
    It's a crying shame that they clash, if we'd had the usual 3pm kickoff it would have been an epic day of footie, FA cup, La liga decider and the German cup final one after the other.

La Liga Decider or FA cup final? 73 votes

La Liga Decider
    0% 0 votes
    FA Cup Final
    100% 73 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Really is a shame. La Liga decider all the way though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

If it was a more evenly matched FA cup, I'd be all over it.
    Given the weather, it might be neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Neither. Have to go to a communion :mad:

The FA Cup Final should be moved back to 3pm, it was always a great day watching the build up to kick off. Never took to the 5.15 time.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

No brainer really, La Liga.
    If it was a more evenly matched FA cup, I'd be all over it.

This isn't going to be a walk over for Hull City, reckon Arsenal could cause them one or two problems, and might even end their decade long drought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,981 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It has to be La Liga and I really hate the later FA Cup final kickoff. Will be switching over and back of course but I'll be watching the La Liga decider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Im Watching The Fa Cup Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

La Liga decider definitely. Think I've only watched 1 of the last 5 or 6 FA Cup finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Is it 5pm kick off Irish time for la liga match??

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

La Liga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

La Liga. Might turn on the laptop for Fa cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Is it 5pm kick off Irish time for la liga match??

yeah.

i'll be watching the FA cup only because i support arsenal, otherwise i'd watch the league.
    might actually stream it, laptop beside the tv to keep an eye on it instead of fotmobing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

La Liga.

If the FA Cup was played at the proper time there wouldn't be an issue. FA Cup final at 3, La Liga at 5, that would be a perfect day of football.

It won't be long until the FA Cup final is kicking off at 2am GMT to suit the North American and Asian audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

As fun as it will be to see Arsenal choke it will be a lot more fun to see the wheels fall off everybody's new 2nd fave team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Watch FA cup. Record La Liga. Watch German cup. Replay la Liga game without knowing the result. Just an idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

La Liga

2 better teams, a much bigger prize.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

La Liga.

The games between these sides all season have been pure quality. Barca's missing Pique and Alba is huge. Should make for even more goal mouth action - and then there's Pinto. Crazy, loveable Pinto.

Compared to FA Cup it's a no brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

You can tell theres a lot of spurs fan voting :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

La Liga. Far better quality of football and a far more significant game.

Delighted for the FA after they switched it from the 3pm KO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Hopefully both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Delighted for the FA after they switched it from the 3pm KO.

I'd say they must be kicking themselves. Or in reality they couldn't care less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Pizen are playing Sparta Prague for the uber-hipsters out there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

La Liga on the telly and the FA Cup on the ipad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

One on tv other on iPad followed by German cup final followed by MLS Toronto V New York there that's a day of football to warm up for the World Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Neither. Very traditional person here. Only go to games and watch the world cup and euro champs or other major competitions on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Neither. Very traditional person here. Only go to games and watch the world cup and euro champs or other major competitions on TV.

I only go to games that I'm playing in. If I'm on the bench I simply close my eyes. Not a real football fan otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

La liga....FFS .....Paul Mc Shambles is now on for Hull!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

What's the score? Aertel has froze here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ok watching FA Cup now. . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Liamalone wrote: »
    What's the score? Aertel has froze here :(

You have internet but are relying on stone age Aertel for the score ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

FA Cup was on TV
    La Liga was on my iPad

:)

FA Cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Is La Liga not a major competition now????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

smurfs5 wrote: »
    You have internet but are relying on stone age Aertel for the score ?
    He must be extracting the P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

There should of been an opton for both in the poll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Paully D wrote: »
    La Liga.

If the FA Cup was played at the proper time there wouldn't be an issue. FA Cup final at 3, La Liga at 5, that would be a perfect day of football.

It won't be long until the FA Cup final is kicking off at 2am GMT to suit the North American and Asian audience.

Since when is 6pm local time on a Saturday a proper time for a game in Spain.

If you want to complain about a game in England not being at the traditional time then you could do the same for Spain.
    As far a I know Sunday afternoon is traditional Spanish game time.

If you want to complain about a game in England not being at the traditional time then you could do the same for Spain.

Not really. Games is Spain are generally always split across different times on both Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The game would have been played today if Athletico were not in the Champions League final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

As fun as it will be to see Arsenal choke it will be a lot more fun to see the wheels fall off everybody's new 2nd fave team.

Delighted for you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Going back as far as week 20 in La Liga (I'm too lazy to check any further than that) there's been 17 gameweeks where games have taken place on Saturday.

17 of them have included 4 Saturday games, 2 of them have included 3 Saturday games, and the remaining gameweek was played during midweek.

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico played a combined 33 times on the Saturday slot during that period.

That suggests to me that both Saturday and Sunday are "traditional" kick-off times in Spain and thus there's no cause for complaint about the scheduling for Barcelona v Atletico Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Paully D wrote: »
    Going back as far as week 20 in La Liga (I'm too lazy to check any further than that) there's been 17 gameweeks where games have taken place on Saturday.

17 of them have included 4 Saturday games, 2 of them have included 3 Saturday games, and the remaining gameweek was played during midweek.

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico played a combined 33 times on the Saturday slot during that period.

That suggests to me that both Saturday and Sunday are "traditional" kick-off times in Spain and thus there's no cause for complaint about the scheduling for Barcelona v Atletico Madrid.

Why don't you go back 20 years.

My point is people complain that the changing of game times in England, which has been happening for about 20 years now, means that they cannot watch a game in Spain, while they ignore the fact that game times have also changed in Spain over that period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

TBF the FA Cup kick off time was scheduled long before the Spanish game, which was only decided during the week iirc

Advertisement