Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toll bridge tag

Options
  • 17-05-2014 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

I drive a Mercedes Sprinter. Im changing the van for a new one. In the meantime the dealer has given me a replacement. Sprinter while waiting fro the new one to arrive.
    Im wondering what to do about the tag. I know when I get the new Van, they eill send me a new tag, but. Can I use my existing tag with the spare van for the next fortnight? Do the sensors read the tag or the reg number?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It reads the reg and the tag afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

I drive a Mercedes Sprinter. Im changing the van for a new one. In the meantime the dealer has given me a replacement. Sprinter while waiting fro the new one to arrive.
    Im wondering what to do about the tag. I know when I get the new Van, they eill send me a new tag, but. Can I use my existing tag with the spare van for the next fortnight? Do the sensors read the tag or the reg number?

I had some work done on my car over a few days, so had a loaner too. I just rang the company and gave the reg of the loaner. They then just debited my account as normal.
    Regarding your new vehicle, your existing tag might be ok as the tag and reg are paired, so it might just be a case of giving the new reg when you have it
    Just contact your tag provider and explain you situation.

Advertisement