Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car highjacked with two kids inside

Options
  • 17-05-2014 12:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

A CAR WITH two children inside was hijacked today and their mother forced to drive to an ATM and take out money.
    Gardaí in Terenure said that the incident occurred at approximately 3.40pm when the female was stopped at traffic lights in her Grey BMW Estate at the junction of Zion Rd and Orwell Rd, Terenure.
    They said an unknown male got into the back of the woman’s car, threatened her and demanded money from her.
    He claimed to have a weapon, and instructed the woman to drive to her house and retrieve bank cards, which she did.
    Gardaí say the man then told the woman to drive to an ATM at the AIB Bank in Rathgar. He demanded that she withdraw money from the ATM.
    The culprit then forced the woman to drive the car to Portobello, at which point he left the car.
    The woman and her two children were uninjured during the incident.
    The hijacker is described as being about 5’9″, with shaved dark hair, he was unshaven, and of a medium build. He was wearing a dark wax-type jacket and dark scarf.
    Gardíi are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact them at Terenure Garda station.
    They are particularly appealing for anyone who may have been close to the junction of Zion Rd and Orwell Rd around 3.40pm and saw a suspicious male hanging around.
    The woman claims that she sounded the car horn when the male jumped into the back of her car.
    Gardaí are also appealing for anyone who may have seen unusual behavior around the ATM at the AIB Bank in Rathgar at approximately 4.05pm to 4.10pm to contact them in Terenure on 01 6666400, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111 or any Garda station.

http://www.thejournal.ie/car-hijacked-robbed-terenure-zion-road-1469600-May2014/?utm_source=facebook_short

Hope this bastard is caught although i'm sure he'll end up pleading that he had a rough upbringing and will get community service or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,728 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What do you expect? We have a useless police force and a stupid judiciary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Its great to see that its reported as its so rare now. I remember in the 90s my parents always made sure the car was locked when we were at lights as car jacking was pretty common.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

What do you expect? We have a useless police force and a stupid judiciary.

An unappreciated and overworked police force and a stupid judiciary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

hfallada wrote: »
    Its great to see that its reported as its so rare now. I remember in the 90s my parents always made sure the car was locked when we were at lights as car jacking was pretty common.

Did you grow up in South Africa?

I never heard of it happening until recently. I do remember people having their windows smashed while at red lights for their bags.

Advertisement