Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is this winch setup legal?

• 17-05-2014 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

hi all, have a superwinch husky im thinking of mounting on my truck in a similar fashion, wondering whether its legal to do so or not?

gqzfdbI.jpg

pO8EMKh.jpg

TwBosZU.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Can't see why it wouldn't be legal, as long as it's mounted properly on a winch bumper or carrier.
    Laws on frontal accessories mainly talk about bullbars, especially the wrap around type. Many vehicles including council and utility jeeps and trucks have winches like this. I'd have one myself if I had the few quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭CharlieZeroOne

TrailerBob hi )

appreciate your relpy, but im so browbeaten by the beurocracy in this country that im skeptical, there are so many regulations and laws that i cannot see how the above COULD be legal !?

i hear what your saying though, the ESB landrovers have a superwinch bumper that is kinda similar to the top one. hmmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

You will have no problem at all in a proper mount or winch bumper, have a hefty one on the front of my Defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

Seen a traffic corp jeep with front mounted winch so would presume its legal.

The only time I'd see you having a problem is if you had some monstrosity of a home made bumper that stuck outside the normal profile of the vehicle.

The Superwinch Husky is a heavy duty winch that is popular with utilities and recovery operators, bit slow for the lunatics that play with their winches for fun though!

• Advertisement

cheers for the replies Sean, Visual. Theres hope so!

Sean you got a pic of your bumper plz?

my bumper is stock so no issues there, the mount will protrude out in front of the bumper though. it will be super stout.

Only pic I have at the moment, I'm in the UK, Defender is at home! My bumper sticks out more than normal as I had aircon fitted at the time so the radiator panel is deeper than standard.

IMG_1792Large.jpg

Sean man your gonna laugh, i was chatting to you earlier in the week about the xzls ) its a small internet lol

good looking craft you got there

I was trying to think who else could want them, wondered if it was you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Insurance company will have to be notified as its considered a modification

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭mervifwdc

I have a little winch on the front of my little motorhome. No one ever said boo to me about it.

IMG_0307.jpg

Merv.

thats a good looking truck Merv! did you build the cabin, is there a build thread anywhere?

regards

Advertisement