Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Accommodation Madrid

Options
  • 17-05-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I've recently obtained an internship at Madrid Airport for the summer and am looking for accommodation for that period. It's on an Erasmus scheme and the internship is unpaid so finances are limited. Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay that's within commuting distance of the airport or even a good website for accommodation, preferably for two of us?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

Popular accommodation website is...
    www.idealista.com

Are you working in T4 or T1/2/3? The pink metro line 8 goes to both; the train line C1 only goes to T4. You could always jump on the metro line from T4 and take the two stops down to the T1/2/3 stop.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ec/Cercan%C3%ADas_Madrid_Zonas2011.png

You could look around Nuevos Ministerios station where various train/metro lines cross. Connects you to everywhere, Bernabeu right there and not as expensive as the centre. Near Atocha Renfe station is another option with the train line, you'd have the Retiro park beside you as well as the centre being a walking distance, the Lavapies area there is not so expensive(as it'a a bit run down) and a great spot for food, bars, entertainment, culture.
    If you are just there for the summer, to get the most out of the city, I wouldn't live north of Nuevos Ministerios or south of Atocha Renfe.

You might notice there are "habitaciones interiores" advertised. There are interior rooms(or flats) without windows. Sounds bad but can be quite nice in summer with the oppressive heat, especially August when everyone leaves the city to escape the temperatures - many places will shut down for the entire month. Air con is not very common.

Suerte

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pavlo456

Hi there,
    Thanks for your response! I think that I have been lucky enough to get my accomodation In Barajas it will be basic by the the sounds of things but accomodation none the less!

That link you sent was a great help in terms for letting me have a peak inside Spanish apartments. I'm just praying now that il survive the heat without air-con.

Thanks for your help it was all great!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

Great stuff, be sure to check out your local park Juan Carlos.
    Have a great summer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭goiko

pavlo456 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Thanks for your response! I think that I have been lucky enough to get my accomodation In Barajas it will be basic by the the sounds of things but accomodation none the less!

That link you sent was a great help in terms for letting me have a peak inside Spanish apartments. I'm just praying now that il survive the heat without air-con.

Thanks for your help it was all great!

You'll be fine, you can get an air fan for 35€, that's how many of us survived for many years! Enjoy Madrid North!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

There's a lot of accommodation available for the Summer as many foreigners who teach are unemployed for the Summer and leave Madrid and rent out their rooms.

Also try:

lingobongo.com (in English - might be the best website to find accommodation, in fact)

loquo.es

• Advertisement
Advertisement