Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB debit card denied online?

Options
  • 17-05-2014 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey guys.

I was making online payments completely fine until last thursday but since yesterday I've been having trouble. I've tried both Hundle Bundle, Steam and UPC and they all reject my card. The local branch is closed and I can't ring them (no money atm), so I don't know what to do.

Is this happening to anyone else? Has anyone experienced this ever?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

ring the number on the back of the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rudi Montes

My phone balance atm isn't enough for that... And to be honest I really don't want to top up just for this, I barely use my phone to make calls.
    According to their website you can only ring until 2pm on Saturdays, anyways, so there's that. If monday comes and I have no other choice, I'll do it, but I'd like to avoid that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Is it working at ATMs?

Yeah... Withdrew €20 to test it. You know what, now that I think back, I got a text message last thursday but it looked really really sketchy so I assumed it was a scam.

It came from an actual +35387 number, but it started with "-sms[at]permanenttsb.ie". It asked me to contact them "as soon as possible" on +35316695851 regarding activity on my card.

Again, it seemed very fishy, so I didn't pay much attention to it. Here's the thing, my account is originally from Skibbereen (in West Cork) and currently, I'm living in Waterford. I haven't changed the address yet (never saw the need, the previous house is occupied by my parents), so maybe they detected that the card is being used away from home, online, and blocked it for my safety?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

35316695851 is PTSB's fraud department. Text sounds legit.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I called them (turns out they're open on saturdays), everything's solved.

... Still can't get today's humble bundle because it seems I attempted like 20 purchases today (hey, I tried different methods, several times, it could've been a temporary thing!) and there's a limit of 10. It'll reset at midnight.

Either way, solved. Thank you for your time!

Advertisement