Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an post currency card card, can it be used online.?

Options
  • 17-05-2014 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

i recently got the dollar card and found it great in america. no hassle at all apart from the rather annoying signing up online, which i didnt manage to finish.

i am thinking of getting the uk one as bank of ireland have recently put on the cross border handling fee again and this with the fact that it handling fee generates interest from the day of purchase not from the billing date means its rather pricey buying stuff on the card in sterling.

has anyone used the anpost currency card online and will i have have any hassle adding it to the likes of amazon etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Card works perfectly online, however there is no MasterCard SecureCode possible with it, so if a retailer only wants to deal with that enabled than you are out of luck.

Otherwise it works fine at Amazon and most other retailers, you can even change the address online (temporary address setting) to match for example your Parcelmotel address and it enables a smooth shopping with that address.

That way I got around several companies which only want to ship to a uk address with a uk billing addresss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭homingbird

Hi just asked the same question in another forum you say their is no 3 digit number at the back off the card so how can you use it online as all retailers look for this when you register the casrd online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

homingbird wrote: »
    Hi just asked the same question in another forum you say their is no 3 digit number at the back off the card so how can you use it online as all retailers look for this when you register the casrd online.
    He didn't mention the 3 digit number at the back of the card (CVV number). He was referring to MasterCard SecureCode which is different (an increased level of security that can be used whereby the user has a 'secret' password - not all retailers require it)

Advertisement