Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 piece baking set argos 2.49€

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wow, what a bargain. 10 pieces for 2.49 !! Has to be one of the best bargains this year, well done OP, great find !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭sassa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Yep, the other half just came back with the 2 tins. I'm gonna fight it though, surely its a blatant case of false advertising...

Invitation to treat I'm afraid. If its an error its an error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

May cancel my reservation so :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Had reserved them. Then got a phone call from Argos to say its a mistake. It's 2 baking trays for 2.49. The 10 piece is €13.60.

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Admldj

Honored the advertisement in portlaoise oh is well chuffed ☺

Must have been lucky ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Feel hard done by now that they let my other half leave without honouring the deal. I'll be down to them to have it out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Admldj wrote: »
    Must have been lucky ☺

I would be giving out about that, especially if i'm not at fault like that receipt seems to indicate

• Advertisement

pogsick wrote: »
    I would be giving out about that, especially if i'm not at fault like that receipt seems to indicate

I don’t have much to give out about, I walked out the shop with €27 worth of stuff for €2.49!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Check the reviews on the Argos Uk site. Someone said they buckled in the oven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Check the reviews on the Argos Uk site. Someone said they buckled in the oven.

and returned to normal afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

pogsick wrote: »
    and returned to normal afterwards

Ah, I see. I actually have a very old baking tray that still does that. It doesn't do my biscuits much good when they go flying across the tray though! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

I'm in Argos tallaght testing this.. Will report back. Paid for already. So just waiting.

Edit. Won't honor it.. Thanks anyway op!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

So no-one has been honoured so far ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

What a shame explains why photo only had two trays. :mad:
    I just send herself a text and she was super excited. Oh well.

They have to honour it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

tharmor wrote: »
    They have to honour it !

No they don't.

Unfortunately for us :(

Sam Mac wrote: »
    No they don't.

Unfortunately for us :(

They are not amazon else they would :P !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

Reserved online for Naas store went to collect and was given the two trays I said that's not what I reserved showed them my email description chap went behind and came back out with 10 piece set and apologised for delay! Thanks op:)

raviravi wrote: »
    Reserved online for Naas store went to collect and was given the two trays I said that's not what I reserved showed them my email description chap went behind and came back out with 10 piece set and apologised for delay! Thanks op:)
    I am expert in this....waiting for the item to be delivered to store :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

tharmor wrote: »
    I am expert in this....waiting for the item to be delivered to store :cool:

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

I was in before ye all figured out it was an error. They honoured it for me after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing. The fact that I reserved it online was the clincher.

I'm happy out... 10pieces for €2.49. :-)

EDIT: Dundalk Retail Park btw

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭rod1983

Reserved one in blanch for collection (it gave from the 22nd as a collection date) fingers crossed I get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I reserved one too, should have read further than the first post beforehand but I'll print out the reservation with the description on it and chance my arm anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭Gilma2010

I just reserved one, for collection Wednesday. Will update how I get on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

have a reservation code for navan to pick up today. wonder what i will come home with. will bring my reservation email print out anyway as proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Mother just picked up 10 pieces in Nutgrove. They were really nice she said!

It is definitely a mistake though what she got was worth €27 apparently

307510.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Mica087

Had one reserved in argos blanch, went in to collect it and was given two baking trays!
    Pointed out the item from the Internet, argued my case! Was told that they had none of the 10 piece baking set in stock!
    in the end they manager said he would provide the 10 piece set for the advertised price when they come into stock as a act of good faith! Remains to be seen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Mine won't be in stock until Wednesday, I have a feeling all managers will be alerted to the mistake by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

lycan238 wrote: »
    have a reservation code for navan to pick up today. wonder what i will come home with. will bring my reservation email print out anyway as proof.

got the two baking trays, the 10 piece set was out of stock (so i was told) not really too bothered about not getting the 10 piece set as i needed the trays anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Did anyone notice if the code on the two trays matches the code for the ten items?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Reserved one for Thursday, sure we'll see how it goes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Did anyone notice if the code on the two trays matches the code for the ten items?

Only two piece set on their website is this, different price and code:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8615576/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CKitchen%2Band%2Blaundry%7C14418476/c_2/3%7C19780847%7CCookware%7C14418537/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418537%7CBakeware%7C14418540.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Just ordered there to collect on Friday..thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ALS

Honoured my reservation in Pavillions this morning without any hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Reserved for pickup in Jervis on Friday. Will let ye know how I get on!

Mate in Wex went in this morning and they said that brought out 2 trays and when they questioned it were told it was a mistake online so tough basically.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ah sure if it wasn't for mistakes half of us wouldn't be here

• Advertisement

Seems to be at the individual managers discretion, but wouldn't hurt to call up some of the pictures of receipts on here on your phone to help back up your case.

According to the Argos stock checker there is only 1 left in drogheda and 2 in Wexford. All the other stores in the country are sold out.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=8613626

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,903 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Admldj wrote: »
    Seems to be at the individual managers discretion, but wouldn't hurt to call up some of the pictures of receipts on here on your phone to help back up your case.

That would suggest you were fully aware of it and trying to take advantage so would pretty much ensure any discretion went against you.

MYOB wrote: »
    That would suggest you were fully aware of it and trying to take advantage so would pretty much ensure any discretion went against you.

They are still advertising it as a ten piece set at 2.49, a handful of people on here have had it honored (myself included) so why shouldn't anyone else who has reserved the item get the same deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allthatGlitters

I have a reservation code for Castlebar which has to be collected by this evening. If anyone wants it please PM me. I can't make it to Castlebar now.

MYOB wrote: »

If they question you, you can say you thought it was a bargain, not a mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,903 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If they question you, you can say you thought it was a bargain, not a mistake

You wouldn't have a collection of other people's receipts then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Just a reminder that your Argos reservation 692894 at Jervis St. for COOKWORKS OVEN TRAYS will be held until 18:30 on 19-05-14

Can't collect this today do someone else is welcome to it.

Argos checker saying there a few stores with it still. Navan, swords, Killarney, Dundrum and Naas. Still showing as €2.49 for 10 pieces

EDIT: Lots more across the country now. Most stores have them

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lorna16

Just back from naas where they honoured the reservation. It was explained to me by the manager that it was an error. Happy days - thanks op. 😀

• Advertisement
Advertisement