Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Journey Planner Broken

Options
  • 17-05-2014 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

For the last few days the www.a-b.ie site has been unavailable. Is this planned maintenance?
    Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.a-b.ie.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭D8 boy

Still down on Sunday night. Says a lot about official attitudes to public transport...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,364 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There was mention of some sort of database upgrade, but that it is still down was more than I expected.

Upgrades do impact on service as a cost-cutting measure - if you want full-service and seamless change over between upgrades, you end up paying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Seems to be back working again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Maybe they could have a go at fixing Dublin bus rtpi.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There's a fault with the DB website at the moment per their twitter account which is impacting on the Dublin Bus app as well.

You can get live info via the NTA app or via http://www.transportforireland.ie/real-time/real-time-ireland/

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Seems to be back working again.
    It was a problem with a server failing to point at another server.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

The Irish Rail site was also having difficulties yesterday, just a coincidence?

smackyB wrote: »
    The Irish Rail site was also having difficulties yesterday, just a coincidence?
    So were Bus Eireann and Dublin Bus, All the Cie group seemed to have issues with their web sites due to internet communication issues, Doubt very much it is connected to the downtime on the NTA Journey Planner.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    So were Bus Eireann and Dublin Bus, They all had issues with their web sites due to internet communication issues
    That was a CIÉ group IT issue of some kind. I can't see how it would be related.

Victor wrote: »
    That was a CIÉ group IT issue of some kind. I can't see how it would be related.

Indeed, Edited my post above to clarify. All sites appear to be working fine today.

• Advertisement

I meant to quote smackyB's post. :)

Advertisement