Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drafting for Madden 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭davetherave

So here is the full listif everyone was coming back

Rank 360 Name
    1 Ali G
    2 daftdave
    3 Mikemac
    4 Darbey

Yusss I'm not the worst in the league! :D

Rank 360 Name
    1 daftdave
    2 Mikemac
    3 Pudsy
    4 Gatsby

Oh ..... :(
    Paully D wrote: »
    Cheers Heli, top work.

Dave loves his TE's - Vernon Davis is one of the best and along with the 49ers being an elite team they are going to prove too tempting to pass up. San Francisco clear favourites to go #1 right now I think.
    Niners, Pats or the Saints are all possibilities but you have to assume that Kap will be around longer than Brady or Drew. Hold the cards close to the chest and give em nothing!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

you arent the worst dave but Ali wont be back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

How did heli go above me, i haven't beaten you in roughly 4 games

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

How did heli go above me, i haven't beaten you in roughly 4 games

your playoff win is the only thing that separates us, everything else is equal

your playoff win is the only thing that separates us, everything else is equal

1 playoff to 4 losses is equal, hmmmm ;), i'll never get the Jets or Dolphins now.

• Advertisement

1 playoff to 4 losses is equal, hmmmm ;), i'll never get the Jets or Dolphins now.

Season 1 file was corrupted so standings are based on season 2 &3

neither of us got to the play offs in season 2, you got to the play offs this year and apart from that our win/loss ratio is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

QB contracts will play a factor here as well, I'd say. Newton, Luck, Wilson, RGIII and Foles, off the top of my head, are all up for renewal, which could make some step away from their respective teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Knex. wrote: »
    QB contracts will play a factor here as well, I'd say. Newton, Luck, Wilson, RGIII and Foles, off the top of my head, are all up for renewal, which could make some step away from their respective teams.

Good point.

Then you've also got Brady and Manning who will likely retire early into the franchise and there's always one or two unexpected retirements at the position too, e.g. Brees after the first season of Madden 25 :mad::pac: Players like Romo (34), Palmer (35), Vick (34) and Brees again (35) would all be candidates to do so early on.

Thanks to paullys and Knexs win.. they both move back in the draft 1 spot.

However if they both lose... they go back to their original places

No changes to the draft order after Giffney screening Rock to death :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Long time no see gents, although I've kept an eye on some of the progress like some sort of obsessed jealous troll.......

Is there likely to be decent numbers for an Xbox One league?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not too many takers so far, see the following thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057240668

Let me know if I can stick you down for the Xbox one league. We won't start a league until we hit 10-12 players I don't think.

Hopefully we will get a few more closer to release date.

Nelbert wrote: »
    Long time no see gents, although I've kept an eye on some of the progress like some sort of obsessed jealous troll.......

Is there likely to be decent numbers for an Xbox One league?

No, get it on 360. :pac:

In all seriousness - numbers are very slow for the Xbox One it appears, but I'm sure there will be a few more regulars who will get it and also a few non-regulars who will decided to get it and join up. It looks like the One will be doing well to get 10 as things stand, but coming up to Christmas I'm sure some will get a One and swap over.

360 will probably get about 18 initially.

yeah i hope so CPU games are a pain..

No changes to the draft order after Giffney screening Rock to death :pac:

I propose in the new league, we seriously curtail the use of screen plays. Its not funny anymore

When you start putting a player or two in either purple or light blue zone, it stops becoming such a big issue. Still is overpowered though, for sure. But tbh, most passing plays are.

Knex. wrote: »
    When you start putting a player or two in either purple or light blue zone, it stops becoming such a big issue. Still is overpowered though, for sure. But tbh, most passing plays are.

Yep, I'd usually use cover 2 zone and then use the flat zone (light blue). It is still overpowered as you say, but that can help to slow it down a lot.

Also, DE contain out of almost any defensive play is very effective in stopping screens as shown in the below video:

I run a 3-4, so often put a DE on one side in contain, or on light blue, and do the opposite for the OLB on the other side. Or blitz ta fuck and rely on Kendricks being a super fast freak of a MLB :D

Kinda wishing I had watched some videos on this before, tbh, as I only picked a lot of my defensive strong points up over the last month or so, and through some seriously painful trial and error!

I set up for it with either my OLB or DE covering the screen pass, and they done what they were supposed to do, the ball just went over their head.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

I think we might get left with a few 'dead' divisions on the 360 version. AFC East looks like one, unless a newbie (or someone looking for an easy time) comes in, as only the Pats are decent. Ditto the AFC West with Peyton and the Broncos looking the pick there.

Solid human divisions though with 3 from NFC North (would someone take a punt on Megatron?) and NFC South (Super Cam too much to turn down?)

AFC North i'm predicting a full house, and someone to surprise us and pick the Browns with a high pick.

That leaves Heli to pick the Titans and win the AFC South 3 seasons in a row.

Also a few bigger teams to fall down the draft board and surprise a few people

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What we could do is run a league based on head to head games rather than setting up an online franchise. This would be similar to what Paully is doing, but based on a longer season.

It depends how many teams we have but it will be trade off between having trades, player progressions, injuries, cap management, free agency or having none of that but also no CPU games.

Just something to think about.

adrian522 wrote: »
    What we could do is run a league based on head to head games rather than setting up an online franchise. This would be similar to what Paully is doing, but based on a longer season.

It depends how many teams we have but it will be trade off between having trades, player progressions, injuries, cap management, free agency or having none of that but also no CPU games.

Just something to think about.

Aye, I suggested something similar back in April, but everyone who responded preferred to go with the connected franchise format.
    I wonder if we could do something like a Premier League format if numbers are scarce?

I know it takes away the fun of the offseason draft, free agency, trades etc, but it's not going to be much fun doing those things with 10 CPU games a season either.

If we had 15 players or less I think it might be something to strongly consider.

You could play everyone once, so if there was 15 people then you get 14 games, top 8 go into the playoffs. Then the person who finishes bottom of the league gets the first pick of who they want to play with the following season and go in that order, so we're switching teams every season too as an added bonus to add more fun. You'd easily bang through 3 seasons of that.

It'd be quite easy to keep a league table via Excel and fixtures could be made via a random generator.

I think (hope) we might get about 20 players on 360 which would make a connected franchise very feasible (not perfect, but okay), though that might be pushing it a bit.

15 or less and I would definitely be considering what you have suggested however.

To be honest, give junior heli arriving i wont have time to run a league in that fashion so someone else would need to take it over.

The PFL run a league in that fashion and it takes a fair bit of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Half the fun for me is building my team through the draft etc so I think sticking with regular connected franchise would be better.

Now...to pick the Falcons or not, that is the question.

I'd prefer connected to, especially now after 6 seasons and 2 games, ive finally found out which attributes to enhance for each position

Subject to me checking a few things once i've had some sleep!!

Berty i dont think is coming back so at this point looks like we have 16 players

360 Name Win %
    1 Daft dave 37.50%
    2 Pudsy 46.88%
    3 Gatsby 48.48%
    4 mikemac 54.55%
    5 Garry Ibbotson 56.25%
    6 Heli 62.50%
    7 Rock lesnar 63.24%
    8 Raoul 68.18%
    9 knex 73.61%
    10 Paully 75.71%
    11 Guns4all 77.03%
    12 Padraic 77.14%
    13 Empacher 80.00%
    14 Giffney 90.00%
    15 berty 93.75%
    16 Kopfan 100.00%
    17 Tripperman 101.00%

Updated

360 Name Win %
    1 Daft dave 37.50%
    2 Pudsy 46.88%
    3 mikemac 54.55%
    4 Garry Ibbotson 56.25%
    5 Heli 62.50%
    6 Rock lesnar 63.24%
    7 Raoul 68.18%
    8 knex 73.61%
    9 Paully 75.71%
    10 Guns4all 77.03%
    11 Padraic 77.14%
    12 Empacher 80.00%
    13 Giffney 90.00%
    14 Kopfan 100.00%
    15 Tripperman 101.00%[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

I don't think gary ibbitson is coming back hell

I don't think gary ibbitson is coming back hell

I might get a good team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Sorry guys im going Xbox One

Advertisement