Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Old Quarter - Ballincollig

Options
  • 17-05-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello guys and girls!

We will soon move to Ballincollig, Old quarter and I was wondering about some things regarding broadband. I know there is not (yet) fiber in Old Quarter so I'm settled for a normal 24Mb one.

Do you have any advice for which one to choose? I've heard good things about Magnet and bad about 3 for example.

Do you know if, on top of the Broadband fee you need also to pay for the Eircom line rental? (we don't need phone, just the netz and the house is new with cables but no phone line yet)

I don't seem to be able to find these info for Ballincollig around so thank you for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

I'm in Old Quarter at the bottom of the estate and am on Eircom so I can only connect at 12mbs which means my speed is only around 8Mbs, terrible really.
    I think the developer of the estate had a disagreement with Eircom and they haven't upgraded the estate for fibre.

Don't know about the other services but if you go with one you might let us know what speeds you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yraghore

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm in city center right now and hopefully will move soon. I'm getting 15MBs Digiweb right now and the download speed peak is 1.2MB/s.

For me it's ok though, I'm more concerned about ping, latency and drops in general; hopefully even if slow, the line is stable.

Advertisement