Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG 2014 predictions

• 17-05-2014 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

hi
    i have not seen a thread on this yet so here it is

i am looking for an A1 in this subject and was wondering if anyone have predictions or tips for section B and A i think i am ok for C hopefully

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

Don't predict. The only guaranteed questions are in Section C (options), with Geologic Geometry, Structural Forms, Surface Geometry, Dynamic Mechanisms and Assemblies, of which you can do two (and skip the rest). That can cut it down for you.

You pretty much need to have an open mind going into the DCG exam, and be prepared to answer everything. You're looking at a C with a decent project and mediocre exam effort. Hope this helps, sure it's my last exam with almost 2 days between the second last - should be grand, breath technical drawing for those final day(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭caolan1996

Exo wrote: »
    Don't predict. The only guaranteed questions are in Section C (options), with Geologic Geometry, Structural Forms, Surface Geometry, Dynamic Mechanisms and Assemblies, of which you can do two (and skip the rest). That can cut it down for you.

You pretty much need to have an open mind going into the DCG exam, and be prepared to answer everything. You're looking at a C with a decent project and mediocre exam effort. Hope this helps, sure it's my last exam with almost 2 days between the second last - should be grand, breath technical drawing for those final day(s).

ya thanks i think i have a good enough project. ya i have a day before the dcg exam as well i was planing on doing an exam question on each section like conic sections in a and one in b and do that with rotations perspective and interpenetration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

For section b i say they will put on a solids in contact,intersection of solids and planes. Section a- skew lines, perspective conic sections and solids in contact. Pure guess though

Advertisement