Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Hotel Kilkenny City Centre

Options
  • 17-05-2014 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi there, looking to take the Mammy away for a few nights in a few weeks time to Kilkenny - looking for recommendations for a nice hotel in the city centre that has parking - needs to be close to major tourist attractions.....thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Ormonde, River Court, Langtons, Pembroke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Ormonde, nice and it's central.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Another one for the Ormonde. Highly recommend the spa there too if you were to treat her, :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

Can't go wrong with the Ormonde!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Langtons also very nice and from time to time they pop up on Groupon and Living social with good offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 OpenYourMind

Hibernian is very good for accommodation and for food in front bar which is relaxing in itself and very central.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

I like the Newpark, not quite as central as the others but has loads of parking and you can walk into town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Fluffybums wrote: »
    I like the Newpark, not quite as central as the others but has loads of parking and you can walk into town.

It's a fair ol' stagger home though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Pembroke or Ormonde, both very central, and nice. I think they are 'sister' hotels. I also like the River Court.
    The Hibernian is hit and miss, in my experience. Some of the rooms are very shabby. I had a bad experience there, and never went back.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DeiseforLiam

Ormonde rooms need a bit of a revamp. Well located though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Kilkenny Inn on Vicar Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

hi5 wrote: »
    Kilkenny Inn on Vicar Street.

Not central and though and not really nice, no spa etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭kenn0

the clubhouse hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

bumping my old thread -never made it last year - any updates on recommendations - has to be in walking distance - the mammy isn't good on the feet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

cjmcork wrote: »
    bumping my old thread -never made it last year - any updates on recommendations - has to be in walking distance - the mammy isn't good on the feet

For me has to be one of Pembroke hotel, river court or Hibernian then.

All are very central and from what I can see they seem to be nice but note I've never had to stay in a hotel in Kilkenny so that's only my view from outside.

Advertisement