Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10k for the 1st time !!!!

• 17-05-2014 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

I'm just back from today's run, after some advice about longer distances and not always running at race pace I slowed back. I run 4:48/km today I went way back to a nice light jog at 6:14/km. I managed 10k in 1:02 and only stopped because I could feel a bit if a niggle in my knee. I wasn't even slightly short of breath and could easily have done another 5k but when something starts to hurt, it's time to stop.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Gavlor

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I'm just back from today's run, after some advice about longer distances and not always running at race pace I slowed back. I run 4:48/km today I went way back to a nice light jog at 6:14/km. I managed 10k in 1:02 and only stopped because I could feel a bit if a niggle in my knee. I wasn't even slightly short of breath and could easily have done another 5k but when something starts to hurt, it's time to stop.

In my opinion the price of rice is a major constraint to regional Cambodian economic growth.

Only joking! Are you seeking running advice or ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Gavlor wrote: »

Only joking! Are you seeking running advice or ?

Nope, just sharing the fact that I achieved one of my goals today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think you're itching to start a training log...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

adrian522 wrote: »
    I think you're itching to start a training log...

Good advice right there!

Is that where I'm supposed to put posts like this? I suppose I could start one as a way of keeping a record of things for myself. It'd be pretty boring for other people though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Don't worry about people being bored, just post up your goals and your plan and then you will see people will offer advise etc.

The training log keeps you honest to a certain degree and means you are less likely to skip sessions.

Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Is that where I'm supposed to put posts like this? I suppose I could start one as a way of keeping a record of things for myself. It'd be pretty boring for other people though.

Don't worry. It will be a lot less boring than starting a new thread every time you go for a run

menoscemo wrote: »
    Don't worry. It will be a lot less boring than starting a new thread every time you go for a run

I think we all know that wasn't going to happen. I started a log now anyway.

Nice one, I'll read with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Good luck with your goals and well done on your 10km today
    adrian522 wrote: »
    Nice one, I'll read with interest.

As will I.

• Advertisement
Advertisement