Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring a boost master TGBT4 Timer

Options
  • 17-05-2014 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a switch on my immersion like this
    immersion%20switch.JPG

I want to install one of these
    SMTGBT4.JPG

I guess I will leave the bath side alone and take the on off side to the new switch. Can anyone help me with the wiring. I have tackled small electrical work before in the house but I am not 100% sure how to go about this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9degxcxecg7ip5r/20140517_174458.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Would be a good idea to leave the existing immersion switch in place and put the timer beside it or below it, this way you have the isolator switch and can switch between the sink and bath elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

you bring the supply into the boost first and onto immersion switch

you can fit it under distribution board which is sometimes handier

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

you can fit it under distribution board which is sometimes handier

Good idea.

2011 wrote: »
    Good idea.
    saves messy alterations at hotpress

it can be convenient for control of immersion too if the switch is upstairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Thanks a lot people. tomdempsey200 I will go with your suggestion makes a lot of sense an will be easier to do or me.

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot people. tomdempsey200 I will go with your suggestion makes a lot of sense an will be easier to do or me.

just make sure there's no auxiliary equipment(pumps in hotpress etc.) wired from the immersion switch

you'll need a competent electrician obviously to do connecting

Advertisement