Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladies Bike Gear

• 17-05-2014 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Where's the best place to buy ladies biker gear? We were in bike world today and they had an ok selection but could anyone recommend any where else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

They probably have the best selection but are a bit pricey. Ya could try cotters too.

What ya after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Crossans up north have a decent selection too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I went into cotters last summer with the GF to get pants and a jacket.
    We must of been in there about 2 hours but she eventually got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

She needs a whole set of gear as a first time pillion. First time for me two up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

She needs a whole set of gear as a first time pillion. First time for me two up too.

Got my misses kitted out last year in CCs in kells. Not a huge selection but they had everything she needed. Worth a shot of your passin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I buy online, the selection of ladies gear is crap in most bike shops. I've also noticed that for some bizarre reason the level of protection in a ladies jacket and a mens jacket varies greatly even if they are both by the same brand, in the same price range etc. Ladies gear sometimes has less protection for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

I think online will be the way to go. A LS2 helmet in Bikeworld with a purple butterfly pattern is €165, including postage from Amazon is €75. She's tried it on and we know it fits so there shouldn't be a problem.

Now just to find the rest. What sites would you recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I think online will be the way to go. A LS2 helmet in Bikeworld with a purple butterfly pattern is €165, including postage from Amazon is €75. She's tried it on and we know it fits so there shouldn't be a problem.

Now just to find the rest. What sites would you recommend?

sportsbikeshop.co.uk & helmetcity.co.uk - I've bought a good bit from both sites.
    Both have a huge range to suit most budgets.

I find Richa ladies gear is more accommodating to the female shape, mens jackets in particular can be quite restricting in the upper body and hip area. Alpinestars is one brand in particular that I've noticed do not provide the same protection in ladies and mens gear at the same price.

Advertisement