Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The First O'Smashathon

Options
  • 17-05-2014 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

This is a tentative event that I'd totally be willing to arrange. Basically, I want a Melee and PM tournament before I head off to the US, and I'm willing to put it on if there's enough interest. Basically, I want to put on a Melee and PM tournament and make this real fun. We'd do it at the Xtreme Gaming Center in Dublin 2 (I need the details for how to go about booking space there), but yeah, this could totally become a regular thing. I'd be willing to arrange it, I just need commitment from you guys. If 20 people give me a definite yes, I'll arrange this. Let's do it.

If I could get Themikenyan to post the event page on here cuz I'm apparently too new of a user to do so, that'd be swell hahahahahah.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

needs more racism

Calm down, Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KhanYe East

We officially have 20 people confirmed for the event! Here are the rules:

We're running Melee and Project M singles, and potentially doubles if we have the time. These will be double elimination tournaments, and we can have a prize pot (albeit, a small one) if people are interested.

The stage list for Project M is gonna be;

Neutrals:
    Final Destination
    Battlefield
    Smashville
    Dreamland 64
    Fountain of Dreams
    Yoshi's Story (Melee)

Counterpicks:
    Warioware Inc.
    Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
    Dracula's Castle
    Skyworld
    Green Hill Zone
    Lylat Cruise
    Skyloft

The stage list for Melee is standard.

Neutrals:
    Final Destination
    Battlefield
    Yoshi's Story
    Dreamland
    Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick:
    Pokemon Stadium

Sets will be best of three, until Winners' and Losers' Finals, where it will go to best of five.

COUNTERPICKING RULES:
    The winner of the previous game gets to strike three stages that are not allowed to be counterpicked by the loser. After the stage has been selected, the winning player is allowed to counterpick a character, after which the losing player may counterpick a character. A player cannot counterpick a stage that he has already won on.

If we have time after the event is over, we'll just run casuals for as long as we have. The venue fee will most likely be 5 euros, and we can add a prize fee for Melee if people are interested. I'm not going to add a prize pool to the Project M tournament yet, because not many people in Dublin have even played it yet.

THE TIME OF THE EVENT IS UNOFFICIALLY FROM 1PM TO 7PM, BUT THAT MAY CHANGE. I WILL CONFIRM TODAY.

If you have any questions, contact me!

We have 20+ people confirmed! The event will start at 1PM and end at 7:30PM. Registration for Melee tourney will be until 1:30, and then we're just gonna run it as soon as possible. If 20 people participate in the tournaments, we will have a 60 euro pot to put towards the tournament, which isn't bad for a game that doesn't have an established community in Dublin!

I really really encourage anyone who's remotely interested in learning this game or getting competitive to hop on the train now, because this community is gonna keep growing and get better together. The success of this event will have a large influence on how future events will go, so please come through! =]

EDIT - The fee for the two tournaments will be eight euros, that includes the venue fee. If you're coming to spectate, that'll just be five euros because the XGC is charging per head.

• Advertisement

Hate to double post, but;

Whoa. We're at thirty confirmed. I had zero expectations for this tournament, and now it's much bigger than I ever thought it would be. I can't thank you guys enough, this is gonna be too fun.

A few notes, please read:
    1) If you're MOST DEFINITELY COMING, PLEASE SHOW UP AT 1PM SHARP, OR EVEN EARLIER. This event is big, so we're gonna have time constraints if we don't wanna pay extra for the venue.
    2) I DON'T HAVE CELLPHONE CREDIT, SO I CAN ONLY CONTACT YOU THROUGH FACEBOOK/RECEIVE CALLS. If you're gonna be late, contact me through Facebook or give me a ring, I'll eventually pick up.
    3) REGISTRATION FOR PROJECT M GOES FROM 1 - 1:30 PM. If you're on the way but you're gonna be just a little late, message me on Facebook with your tag and I'll add you to the bracket. If I call for you three times to play your game and you don't show up, you'll be DQ'd.
    4) Bring setups! The more setups we have, the quicker we can run through the brackets, and we can't run out of time or else we'll have to pay extra for the venue or worse, not finish the tourney.

Cheers, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

xyNzehZ.jpg

Xgc packed (and sweaty) will ultra see such a turnout??

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

xyNzehZ.jpg

Xgc packed (and sweaty) will ultra see such a turnout??

That's great! Gj smash scene

31 entrants overall in both tournaments, run separately, end-to-end and on time with no complications. I could not have asked for a better day.

Advertisement