Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jerry won't like this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Jerry is all about moving up in distance, you can be guaranteed Gillick covered more than 400metres!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Just goes to show, GAA training is overrated, a good athlete can walk into a championship winning team ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

RayCun wrote: »
    Just goes to show, GAA training is overrated, a good athlete can walk into a championship winning team ;-)
    Mother-Kills-Son.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Is he finished with running now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I wonder how Jerry feels about the Cork GAA county board getting €30 million from the government this week.Id say there is steam coming out his ears.And rightly so.

• Advertisement

Mother-Kills-Son.jpg

Yeah, you're right.
    I should have said "a retired, ex-athlete can walk into a championship winning team"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Yeah, you're right.
    I should have said "a retired, ex-athlete can walk into a championship winning team"

I'm no fan of Gaelic football, but are ballinteer st John's a championship winning team??

Chivito550 wrote: »
    I'm no fan of Gaelic football, but are ballinteer st John's a championship winning team??

You seriously overestimate how much I care!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

You seriously overestimate how much I care!

Haha. It's just important to get facts correct before dissing other sports is all.

Also worth remembering that gillick played GAA for years as a youngster. And he's not just any athlete, but one who was at one point, the 6th best in the planet at his chosen discipline. An average athlete with no gaa background wouldnt just waltz onto a team at a high level. And I say this as somebody who is not interested in Gaelic football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Chivito550 wrote: »

Most definitely not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

They are about as good as the Irish athletic team, which is not very good.

Only difference is the club will look after him better:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

I think Jerry would have liked this article that Ian O R wrote on Saturday - it seemed to have got overshadowed by the big write up on Martin Fagan

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/gaa-folk-have-some-road-to-travel-before-they-can-match-hehir-s-herculean-efforts-1.1798929

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Getting fed up with the Athletic/GAA debate and comparisons. They are completely different sports.

walshb wrote: »
    Getting fed up with the Athletic/GAA debate and comparisons. They are completely different sports.

Its a bit of fun, nothing serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Its a bit of fun, nothing serious

I suppose so. It's just arrogance on both sides. My own view is known on the two sports. I am a big track and field fan. Not so much GAA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭chinguetti

If anyone was coming into the Athletics section for the first time on here, they would think people on here have a problem with anything GAA related so they mightn't see it as fun but possibly a bit sad.

Funny I can't remember anyone moaning about Rugby, Soccer or any other sport in comparison to Athletics and those sports get Government money too but no, sure blame the GAA for everything, including the rain:rolleyes:.

chinguetti wrote: »
    If anyone was coming into the Athletics section for the first time on here, they would think people on here have a problem with anything GAA related so they mightn't see it as fun but possibly a bit sad.

Funny I can't remember anyone moaning about Rugby, Soccer or any other sport in comparison to Athletics and those sports get Government money too but no, sure blame the GAA for everything, including the rain:rolleyes:.

Totally agree with you, alot of it is just jealously.

I would love to see Athletics Ireland get its house in order, but at the moment they could be losing some top kids to other sports because clubs having waiting lists. This is not the clubs fault but a solution needs to be found asap, as it doesn't happen in other sport at the grass roots.

Advertisement