Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunting licence refusal

Options
  • 17-05-2014 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I'm wondering has anyone else got a big bill from William Egan and associates for the firearm refusals that went to the high court back in 2010 when the licences changed to the 3 yr ones and the cops set the blanket polices and refuses loads of gun licences ??
    I was told the Nargc was covering the costs but now I've a Bill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭SVI40

I received a bill, but when I signed up with Willie Egans, it was clearly outlined that I would be paying my costs. The initial estimate was significantly less than the final invoice, but as it went via the high court route, all the extra costs were waived, so the final amount I paid was the initial estimate.

If I recall correctly, there was some misinformation going around at the time that the NARGC was covering costs, but this was not correct.

When you engaged Egans, did you not get an agreement form to sign? Normally the estimated costs would be on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Dian Cecht

There's a saying something along the lines of "If you sup with the Devil make sure you've a spoon with a long handle" ;)

Advertisement