Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling order & getting Refunded

Options
  • 17-05-2014 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I want to cancel an order I just made on ebay and paid by Paypal, as there are two people involved (ebay seller & Paypal) how should I go about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You need to contact the seller of the item and see if they are willing to cancel. If they are they will organise the refund themselves and it'll come back via PayPal. If its an auction you've really no comeback if they don't want to refund it; if it was a normal sale (Buy It Now) and from within the EU the distance selling regulations come in to play and you've a cooling off period. Larger sellers will understand this, smaller sellers likely won't.

If it was a private Buy It Now as opposed to a commercial seller; I'm not sure what your rights are, I suspect there's none.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I bought it as 'buy now' from Reciproc8 Telecommunications Limited, and there is option to 'visit shop' so is this classed as a commercial business as opposed to a 'private seller' guess it does.

I've sent off an email to them asking them to cancel and refund and explaining the mistake I made, which was genuine.

Advertisement