Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scott Hall Relapse?

• 17-05-2014 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

Scott Hall Not Appearing at Event Tonight

Bill Behrens, agent to Scott Hall, sent out an email to the promoter of Big Time Wrestling about Scott Hall being unable to attend the event. Below is what he had to say.

"I regret that Scott Hall decided last minute he would not make the trip from Atlanta with his son Cody to Big Time Wrestling's WrestleFest and wrestling event. His son, Cody Hall, Dallas Page and myself all tried to change his mind but he could not get past the personal issues that had him unwilling to travel to California."

Hope he's ok :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

He has maniac depression so a bout like this is expected. Elsewhere sad he refers to get out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Jake The Snake said on pipers podcast the other day that Scott Hall was struggling and slipping. (Jake sounded great though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Jake The Snake said on pipers podcast the other day that Scott Hall was struggling and slipping. (Jake sounded great though)

TBH, even if he is slipping, it's not Jake's place to give that info. It's not fair on Hall and the last thing someone in his position would need (spotlight on him).

Anyway, people in recovery can come back from slips without them going into full relapse, but I'd be worried about Hall. For someone who was so entrenched in his addiction, I'd be concerned that he wouldn't be capable of walking a tightrope. It's an all or nothing type situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

As someone who is in recovery himself, I know that everyone's recovery is different. I would not like anyone to speak publicly about how my recovery is progressing, or not progressing for that manner (touch wood it won't happen, 2 1/2 years clean now). However, Scott Hall seems to have entered into that sort of dynamic with Jake Roberts and Dallas Page, where they disclose very personal matters about Hall and Roberts' struggles and successes in the media. So in fairness, I am sure Scott Hall knows that Roberts would speak so candidly about him. Remember Dallas Page posting videos of Jake Roberts when he slipped last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

As someone who is in recovery himself, I know that everyone's recovery is different. I would not like anyone to speak publicly about how my recovery is progressing, or not progressing for that manner (touch wood it won't happen, 2 1/2 years clean now). However, Scott Hall seems to have entered into that sort of dynamic with Jake Roberts and Dallas Page, where they disclose very personal matters about Hall and Roberts' struggles and successes in the media. So in fairness, I am sure Scott Hall knows that Roberts would speak so candidly about him. Remember Dallas Page posting videos of Jake Roberts when he slipped last year?

That left a poor taste in my mouth too, regardless of how much he's done for both of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

That left a poor taste in my mouth too, regardless of how much he's done for both of them.

Yeah it's bad but I suppose it's about accountability and if you have to bring the fans into it to make it harder for them to go off the right path so be it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

EdK wrote: »
    Yeah it's bad but I suppose it's about accountability and if you have to bring the fans into it to make it harder for them to go off the right path so be it

Well considering fans paid for both (think it's both, apologies if I'm wrong) to have much needed surgery an argument may be made that they have a right to know as they obviously care for said individual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Is Hall getting a few bob from his Legends contract, and would his induction into the HOF been worth anything to him financially?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Is Hall getting a few bob from his Legends contract, and would his induction into the HOF been worth anything to him financially?

He would have got a bit for being in WWE 2k14 although they're fairly stingy from what people like waltman and foley have said. The main reason Foley didn't renew his Legends contract as far as I know. And yea, I'm pretty sure they get a Fee for the HOF induction and Mania stuff. prob not much though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

For sure, I don't agree with any of this sobering up in public kind of thing that DDP seems so keen on, but Jake Roberts and Scott Hall obviously haven't felt in a position to question Dallas Page on his methods so far. Whatever is working for both of those guys they should keep it up. However, I will say that for a long time I couldn't handle having too much money because I would just spend it on drugs. I would be concerned that if Hall or Roberts got a heap of money from royalties, it could lead to a full-blown relapse. So perhaps it's good that the video game doesn't pay all that well in this case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He's in Hospital now.

Edit; He is now discharged just in for check ups.

He's in Hospital now.

Edit; He is now discharged just in for check ups.

So was he back on the sauce or just depressed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So was he back on the sauce or just depressed?

Its all on his twitter feed with pic's of him in hospital.

He went in on advice of friends

Its all on his twitter feed with pic's of him in hospital.

He went in on advice of friends

Cool

Glad he's ok!

Advertisement