Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've never been to the NCH!

Options
  • 17-05-2014 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Classical music is something I absolutely adore.It moves me like no other music(well apart from the genius that is Van Morrison).As a culchie,I've never been to the National Concert Hall and it's somewhere I would dearly love to go for a recital or concert.I was just curious if anyone would like to share their first experience of a concert at the NCH?Have you ever gone alone?
    Unfortunately,I know of no one,either a relative or friend,who would have an interest in Classical music.I'm a bit of a soppy eejit at times and have a horrid feeling I'd end up turning into a blubbering,emotional wreck during such a concert - have you ever seen anyone reduced to tears during a recital or concert?Just curious what the NCH experience is like,that's all!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

I'm a fairly regular attendee at the NCH, have shed a few tears here & there, and have gone on my own plenty of times. I generally tune everyone else out when I'm on my own so I'm not bothered about being there alone. I haven't seen anyone else crying, but I'm not really paying attention to anyone else. It's comfy (except for the choir balcony), the ushers are very pleasant and things generally start promptly- don't arrive at 7.55pm for an 8pm concert or you'll be rushing to find your way around. Hope you enjoy your visit ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bonedigger

rhapsody wrote: »
    I'm a fairly regular attendee at the NCH, have shed a few tears here & there, and have gone on my own plenty of times. I generally tune everyone else out when I'm on my own so I'm not bothered about being there alone. I haven't seen anyone else crying, but I'm not really paying attention to anyone else. It's comfy (except for the choir balcony), the ushers are very pleasant and things generally start promptly- don't arrive at 7.55pm for an 8pm concert or you'll be rushing to find your way around. Hope you enjoy your visit ;)

Thanks a million Rhapsody!It's certainly reassuring to hear that people do attend on their own.
    I might just have a look and see if there are any upcoming performances there that may take my fancy.Thanks again.

Advertisement