Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother UK 2014

Options
  • 17-05-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

So it's nearly that time again-Big Brother!

It's been announced that this year's series has a Power Trip theme, with the emphasis on technology and apparently one housemate will be given control over the compound, which may lead to this person having an influence over who's evicted/up for nomination, etc.

I love Big Brother!

Luisa Zissman, former contestant from the previous celebrity version, has joined the Big Brother's Bit On The Side team, which will mean we'll have the resident gob-on-a-stick, as well as the fabulous Rylan and the not so fabulous Iain Lee.

Does anyone know when the show is actually starting and how long it's on for this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I think Channel 5 have made an absolute balls of this show but I'll probably watch it for the first few weeks anyway. I had to turn off last year though as it was so bad. It's supposed to start June 5th or 6th.

I loved Luisa in the house but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to watch her on Bit on the Side as it will mean having to stomach Rylan. She's a good addition to the team though as she sticks up for other women and should be a good counteraction to Emma Willis who slates all the attractive females contestants and forgives the men for everything.

On a side note surely Rylan is better suited for the description of "gob-on-a-stick". He always wears clothes two sizes too small for him, and between the lip fillers and those shocking teeth, he is a literal gob on a stick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

fussyonion wrote: »
    Luisa Zissman, former contestant from the previous celebrity version, has joined the Big Brother's Bit On The Side team, which will mean we'll have the resident gob-on-a-stick, as well as the fabulous despicable Rylan and the not so fabulous just as despicable Iain Lee.

Couldn't resist. :o:o:o:D:D:D:):):);););)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Couldn't resist. :o:o:o:D:D:D:):):);););)

:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

:mad::mad:

Well, just about everyone who doesn't like Rylan finds him extremely detestable... :o:o:):);)

He does have more fans than Iain Lee, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

Has anyone any ideas who is rumoured to be in the house this year, I usually would have heard something by now,

mr bungle. wrote: »
    Has anyone any ideas who is rumoured to be in the house this year, I usually would have heard something by now,

You mean for the celeb version? That's not on until August, it's the regular version that's launching this week.

bopper wrote: »
    You mean for the celeb version? That's not on until August, it's the regular version that's launching this week.

Of course, my bad,
    I shall get my coat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

So it starts tonight ladies and gents! There have been a few ads for it here on Channel 5 but very little publicity compared to other years. I always say I won't watch it but end up invariably glued!

Only on the second housemate (Tamara and Mark) and I already want to strangle them!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

I like Mark so far (he uses tarot cards to decide what to wear haha!!) he seems like a bit of craic, but that Steven clown who just went in seems like a right kn0b. Funny the two girls' dresses are so similar, bet they're raging!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

LOL @ the "glamour" model slash devout catholic.

What a horrible bunch they've picked so far. Thank God there's another six going in tomorrow but I'm not getting my hopes up after what we've seen tonight.

It's a bit too early to say who I hate/love, but so far I really like Pauline..I think she comes across really down-to-earth and likeable.

I also like Helen and I don't care what she's done; I can see her doing well.
    Cannot stand Steven; his VT showed him to be a real tw*t.

Matthew provided the most awkward/embarrassing moment of the night by standing on stage with Emma looking as if he was going to bawl his eyes out.
    Did anyone else think he was going to either faint or run for the hills?!

Tamara is a really old looking 24-year-old, isn't she?!

That's all I've to say on the housemates tonight..hope tomorrow's another good one.
    Emma Willis is a stunner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

What's Helen supposed to have done?

She was a prostitute who had a threesome with Wayne Rooney a few years ago and then sold her story (I think around the time his wife was pregnant). So an all-round good egg and classy chick :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Funnily enough I thought Helen came across as one of the few likeable ones.

Just watched it there and I quite liked Matthew, so I didn't like that he was chosen to be punished - should have been the catholic lady who came across as far more intolerant. I also liked Christopher alot.

Dying to know what the big decision will be tonight!

So far, they seem like a pretty entertaining bunch. Looking forward to seeing the remaining HMs later.

Regarding the big decision
    Emma said that they never done something like this so early in a series before, I doubt so it's an eviction or cutting the house in half,
    Btw did anyone see the top that Gina was " wearing" last night,FFS put them away love :)

Just watched it there and I quite liked Matthew

I quite liked Matthew and I quite liked the American girl too simply because they seem to possess a brain each which is always a rarity on BB! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Doesn anyone have any info on where I can watch this online? Missed last nights launch :(

I'm not sure if the Big Brother app is available just here in the UK but if not just download it and all the episodes can be accessed there. I just checked and last nights launch is up there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

It's back already?!

Jesus, may start watching it so!

eviltwin wrote: »
    Doesn anyone have any info on where I can watch this online? Missed last nights launch :(

I watch it on Youtube. The shows usually get uploaded an hour or two after they finish airing on Channel 5.

Last night's launch show is definitely up, as I watched it last night.

The big twist was a bit of a let-down...pass to the final, big deal.
    I can't stand Ashleigh's accent-I can't listen to her every night!
    Helen's getting a lot of love on Twitter...I like her too.
    I can see Tamara clashing with everyone.

The big twist was a bit of a let-down...pass to the final, big deal.
    I can't stand Ashleigh's accent-I can't listen to her every night!
    Helen's getting a lot of love on Twitter...I like her too.
    I can see Tamara clashing with everyone.
    Plus one on the twist

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Merkin wrote: »
    I quite liked Matthew and I quite liked the American girl too simply because they seem to possess a brain each which is always a rarity on BB! :cool:

Someone with a brain on BB...:eek:..Never gona hapen:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Steven Goode, the 23 yr old millionaire, is an actor! For someone so successful, him or his company don't even exist on google. I've a feeling he is a plant.

Agreed the "big" twist was absolute rubbish.

So far it doesn't look good, the contestants have plenty of eye candy, but very little else going on. It was a breath of fresh air when Jale appeared, someone slightly different to the rest. Surely they had a more original character or 4 to throw in there? Most are carbon copies of each other. Ah well, time will tell. Plenty of scope for Ch5 to make it great, but so far they've messed up all the good chances with BB they have created.

Yes, a lot of the housemates are like caricatures really aren't they? All their VTs invariably talk about what a twat they are/how they're going to shake things up/how combative and controversial they will be and then it's..........well, anything but!

Seems like a lot of them already have one foot in the media space so are already quite savvy which changes the dynamic of the show entirely. When you compare the housemates now (prostitute who sold her footballer story, glamour model, actor, Playboy model, guy who works in media, journalist et al) to the housemates of old (the ex nun, the plumber, the marketing consultant, the air steward etc) then you're comparing entirely different demographics and consequently entirely different shows.

The show would never be fully organic (and it's manufactured so not a great choice of words) after Season One, but it would still be a lot more real and entertaining if you had more random, everyday Joe Soaps in there rather than people who have gone in prepped with lots of media training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

To early too, I not fan steven or catholic lady, I not sure of the names yet, or
    Chris looks a lot Steve" McDonald lol

Winston annoyed me even before went house lol
    Matthew is my favourite so far!

Advertisement