Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother UK 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dice3344

Very true.

It would be really refreshing to see a house of people with normal jobs (not all based around media and people who've tried to climb the fame ladder on other shows). Well, that's if they can find anyone normal..

Nominations and evictions, throw some twists into tasks if you need to, but if there's a massive twist every week it becomes frustrating for the public fast. Thank god we can't actually vote in Ireland, if I had spent money supporting someone in there and all this was going on I'd be pretty peeved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Right, what have I missed?

In last night's show, I saw it was Ash and Steven up for eviction.
    Where did it say Ashleigh is now up? She was told she's immune.

People are getting way ahead of themselves here.

All three power housemates were asked to stand up, then the nominated housemates could choose one of themselves to save and pick which power housemate would go up in their place.

So they chose to save Ash, and put Ashleigh up. Now it's Ashleigh, Steven, Pav and Zoe (also chosen by the PMs) up for eviction.

Emma Willis just tweeted saying "What the hell is going on..? Just looked at my messages and everyone is saying Ashleigh is up..?" Who the hell is making these decisions?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

In hospital about to have my baby so have missed the last few nights of this. From what you're all saying there is yet another producers ad hoc decision compromising the essence of the show. I think it's lost it's way. It has always been edited to suit the producers, we know that, but I think the way the rules are being created on a day to day basis is just ridiculous, it has totally lost all integrity!

I think if Steven stays and Ashleigh goes this Friday then I'll be switching off.. If they take Helen's pass this week it might gain them favour with viewers but that's not going to happen.

One twist too far I fear..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Merkin wrote: »
    In hospital about to have my baby so have missed the last few nights of this. From what you're all saying there is yet another producers ad hoc decision compromising the essence of the show. I think it's lost it's way. It has always been edited to suit the producers, we know that, but I think the way the rules are being created on a day to day basis is just ridiculous, it has totally lost all integrity!

Oooh, good luck Merkin! :)

I bet you can't wait to finally have junior - this weather is not a friend to pregnant women!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Oooh, good luck Merkin! :)

I bet you can't wait to finally have junior - this weather is not a friend to pregnant women!

Aww thanks so much DC! :) On maternity ward and have industrial size fan about an inch from my face, it's soooooo hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

Kimberley will be on BOTS tonight. Hope Emma gives her a good grilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

rocky1813 wrote: »
    Kimberley will be on BOTS tonight. Hope Emma gives her a good grilling.

Lets hope it lasts longer than two seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Why does Helen take such offense to nominations?! Its the core part of the show!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

My favourite part of BB has always been the nominations and the reasons for the nominations. We have been robbed of that this season with this stupid power housemate twist. As well as that, the producers have tried to give Helen as many oppurtunities to bully Ashleigh as possible, leaking the footage of her gossiping about housemates and this week revealing the power housemate alliance. They tried to bully Hazel O Sullivan last season as well which led me to stop watching.

Also, it used to be just normal Joes on Channel 4's BB, plumbers etc. Now, it's cam girls, prostitutes, Coronation Street extras and xfactor rejects. Channel 5 is a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yup they really have made a shambles of it. I'm out. Will check back in for CBB. On CH4 that used to be way worse, but on CH5 it's actually better(mainly cos as mentioned many times, the regular BB is just zzzz listers CBB now)

Yup they really have made a shambles of it. I'm out. Will check back in for CBB. On CH4 that used to be way worse, but on CH5 it's actually better(mainly cos as mentioned many times, the regular BB is just zzzz listers CBB now)

You won't be the only one..

Notice how animated and enthusiastic Kim was in her chats with Emma but on BBOTS, with Steven being interviewed by Rylan, she's sitting there rolling her eyes looking moody.
    What is WITH her?!

fussyonion wrote: »
    Notice how animated and enthusiastic Kim was in her chats with Emma but on BBOTS, with Steven being interviewed by Rylan, she's sitting there rolling her eyes looking moody.
    What is WITH her?!

She quite likes taking a backseat for once and enjoys Steven's controlling behaviour apparantly. It's a caring type of control, you know....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭branners69

Yup they really have made a shambles of it. I'm out.

Me too, I started on the US Big Bro last night. Unlike the UK Big Bro I'll watch it until the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

branners69 wrote: »
    Me too, I started on the US Big Bro last night. Unlike the UK Big Bro I'll watch it until the end!

Trust me, you won't be saying that in a few weeks.

bopper wrote: »
    Trust me, you won't be saying that in a few weeks.

A few weeks? I only have 10 episodes to catch up. Should have that done by Monday! Not impressed with the lack of female talent!

Getting back to UK Big Bro when is it due to finish?

A few weeks? I only have 10 episodes to catch up. Should have that done by Monday! Not impressed with the lack of female talent!

Emma said three weeks the other day.
    So around mid August I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I meant weeks in terms of the shows timeline. It's watchable until week 3 but it's really poor now. Even the houseguests have acknowledged that this must be a really boring season to watch.

BBUK is now in week 8 of 10.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Padraigoc18

The final is on the 15th of August which is Day 72

19 days left.

Ashleigh was given the immunity from this weeks nominations by the public :)

I think it will be definitely Chris/Pav/Zoe up and Between maybe Winston/Mark/Ash

I'm kind of sad for Pav, he really hasn't been given a chance. I feed really sorry for him, he's being treated exactly how Jale and Chris were in the beginning. He said some things in his vt and now people don't trust him. You'd think they'd have learnt their lesson after what Pauline did. Happy Ashleigh is immune now, they're obviously trying to get the public back on-side after last week's fiasco.

Some phrases I wish they'd stop saying repeatedly:

100%, playing a game (hello- gameshow?), genuine, certain housemates, at the end of the day... there are a few more but they can't get through a conversation without throwing one of those in!

dice3344 wrote: »

Some phrases I wish they'd stop saying repeatedly:

100%, playing a game (hello- gameshow?), genuine, certain housemates, at the end of the day... there are a few more but they can't get through a conversation without throwing one of those in!

Or Zoe - "Babes". Ugh, I've grown so irritated with her. She's way too OTT and stage school.

I thought her comment about how she wouldn't be able to connect with normal people, like Tesco workers, was really telling too.

Yep, she's too nice and I think people will tire of her very quickly.

If she stood up for Pav a bit more I think it would show her loyal side, but she's slid right into the group of original housemates and has left him isolated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I've given up watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Padraigoc18

Wow Chris & Mark have hit self destruct mode

There odds have really drifted and probably will be gone soon

Zoe

There is a campaign to get her out because of her tesco comment

I think the F3 will be Ashleigh/Christopher/Winston

I think the F3 will be Ashleigh/Christopher/Winston

Ashleigh deserves to win now, over the rest of them!

Ashleigh deserves to win now, over the rest of them!

Funnily enough, I'm as ambivalent towards her as I was at the beginning. I just can't warm to her at all for some reason.

Christopher's my winner this year.

Funnily enough, I'm as ambivalent towards her as I was at the beginning. I just can't warm to her at all for some reason.

Christopher's my winner this year.

I just feel at least she had a certain journey - run in with Helen and Ash / Public booing her / turning it around so the public like her.

Christopher and Winston havent done anything worth mentioning. Winston has coasted and Christopher has been Marks door mat. Maybe if Christopher grows a pair before the end, he may be able to swing it in his favour!

• Advertisement

Christopher annoys me a little, but in way you feel protective watching him. Bless him for keeping it together, he stuck around so they eventually decided to speak to him and put up with him. You can sense his neediness which is a little sad, but will ensure that he's always the underdog, and this series has been about supporting anyone who's been picked on by Helen.

Mark is so transparent, he keeps going on about the public's reception of people. Basically admitting that he gets closer to Christopher when he hears the public reaction and knows he's liked. Said the same for Zoe. Would love if he got a little chant on Friday, might give him a wake-up call!

Advertisement