Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother UK 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

So, already Chris is being segregated because Pauline and Helen have taken an instant dislike to him. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Pauline will choose him to go up for nomination every week.

If that happens, I fully expect him to make the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

It made for quite uncomfortable viewing didn't it? Pauline decides to take his outlandish statements as fact, gleefully relays this to a select few, who then decide they despise him on foot of that. I hate to see anyone being victimised like that. Yes, he'll be up on Monday for definite.

Merkin wrote: »
    It made for quite uncomfortable viewing didn't it? Pauline decides to take his outlandish statements as fact, gleefully relays this to a select few, who then decide they despise him on foot of that. I hate to see anyone being victimised like that. Yes, he'll be up on Monday for definite.

I don't think Pauline gets wry humour at all, which is why she chose to punish Matthew on the first night too. She took Chris's 'pissing in the kitchen' comment far too seriously (I think he was referencing Sandy from BB3 there), yet she said nothing about Danielle's comments about homosexuality, even though she claims to dislike intolerance.

I agree it was uncomfortable to watch the bitching about both Chris and Jale, especially from Helen. Calling Jale 'slugsworth' having barely even spoken to her - seriously??

I can see Helen and Pauline's popularity plunging very quickly if they keep that behaviour up for long. The British public hate bullies and love an underdog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Haven't watched since the first night but if what you're saying is true then I guess I was wrong about Helen being likeable. Sounds like a mask is slipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I don't see why they've taken a dislike to Chris, he seems nice to me.
    If Helen carries on bitching, I'll seriously turn off her and what is Tamara, a sheep?

She's listening to the bitching and agreeing but not giving her own opinion.
    I find myself disliking Pauline now...why did she have to tell everyone about Chris and Jale's VTs?

I reckon she's jealous of Jale.
    Danielle is a fkin idiot...does she not realise people swear and talk about sex and why should they stop just 'cos she finds it uncomfortable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Guys let's not remember there is no live feed for BB anymore, so story lines can very easily be created by some very convenient and predictable editing.

Helen, the shows headline grabber, was portrayed as nothing but a "lovely", down to earth girl, liked by everyone in the house. Even her VT was so tame compared to the rest. Then as soon as she's given the pass to the final, safe from an early eviction, we see nothing but footage of her b*tching.

Pauline was obviously going to give the killer nomination to someone from the second batch of housemates. She made it abundantly clear that Chris' VT was her least favourite. So then we see ten minutes of people talking about Chris and footage of him looking for a bed to sleep in (something I'm sure all of the new six housemates had to do, not just him). The editors are paving the way for Chris to be the "victim", saved every week by the public, getting one up on the "bullies" and creating "tension".

As for Danielle! Well where to begin?! Last year she sold a story on Dexter from the previous series, all about how unimpressed she was with the size of his manhood. She's also worked as a telephone model for an adult company called bluebird, and has appeared in a documentary on Channel 5 called "Webcam girls: at your service".

Channel 5 just continue to transform this into a scripted reality show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Ugh seriously? It was clear she was full of it. But I kinda hoped she had duped the producers into believing her. The fact she has worked for Ch5 already.....such a load of crud. Did ANYONE actually audition for this?! Looks as if they headhunted a bunch of desperados on their files.

It does seem they are trying to turn it into a version of TOWIE or the likes. Big thumbs down from me.

Ugh seriously? It was clear she was full of it. But I kinda hoped she had duped the producers into believing her. The fact she has worked for Ch5 already.....such a load of crud. Did ANYONE actually audition for this?! Looks as if they headhunted a bunch of desperados on their files.

It does seem they are trying to turn it into a version of TOWIE or the likes. Big thumbs down from me.

Well Mark has appeared on Shipwrecked and The X Factor, and has apparently been auditioning to be on BB for nearly a decade.

Winston has a small role on Eastender's as one of Sharon's barmen, and was also on the ITV2 reality show "Girlfriends" presented by none other than Emma Willis.

I'm sure the others all have their connections too.

I don't think anyone did audition this year. I'm pretty sure they just scrapped the open auditions altogether and only accept online auditions now (most of which probably didn't get looked at).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Wow.....that's abysmal. They truly have managed to ruin anything that was good about BB, bravo Ch5.

Pauline really is a vile piece of work, the power has clearly gone to her head.

• Advertisement

Matthew trying to act all funny and arrogant...I'll never forget his entrance when he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. He's a phoney.
    Kimberly looks like a right barrel of laughs, doesn't she? :rolleyes:
    So far I'm liking Chris and though Mark's accent is irritating, he comes across likeable.
    Just hope he doesn't start bitching or I'll turn off him.

I really started to like Toya tonight. I think it was the fanny spray that did it :D

Tamara, however, is really starting to bug me. It's the fake laugh, the fake drunkenness and the fake flirting with Winston. Fake fake fake.

Starting to think it may actually be Jale that gets the killer nom tommorrow night instead of Chris. Will be very interesting to see who will get the power after Pauline is stripped of her head of house status. I'd love it to be one of the newbies.

It's annoying me so much that the people who entered the house on the second night are being referred to be everyone as the "newbies".
    Wrong.
    Big Brother was launched over two nights.

The housemates who went in on night two are exactly the same as the people who went in on night one.

I don't understand why the night-one housemates are treating the latest entrants as if they're "new" and "disrupting a happy family".
    It's not YOUR feckin house and they have every right to be there like you.
    Annoys me so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Thoughts on this series:
      They are all as unlikable as ever, probably even more so.
      This theme is going to get annoying/scrapped very quickly.
      I'm finding it very hard to care about anyone.

Also, take a read of this interview she did with Nuts magazine:

http://i.imgur.com/DJ0gwCO.jpg

She's been telling some awful porkies....

Also, take a read of this interview she did with Nuts magazine:

http://i.imgur.com/DJ0gwCO.jpg

She's been telling some awful porkies....

:eek: The liar!!! I'm not sure how the producers could possibly think she'd get away with it though?

:eek: The liar!!! I'm not sure how the producers could possibly think she'd get away with it though?

Either their researchers are really shit at their job, or else as another poster mentioned, she was actually headhunted.

Either way, she's blatantly been misrepresenting herself on the show.

OMG guys! After BB tonight there is a show called The Live Surpise and it has KICKED OFF! For those of you who are watching online make sure to watch that and not just the normal show, it's a live feed and Danielle has kicked off with Helen and it's a serious case of handbags at dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

OMG guys! After BB tonight there is a show called The Live Surpise and it has KICKED OFF! For those of you who are watching online make sure to watch that and not just the normal show, it's a live feed and Danielle has kicked off with Helen and it's a serious case of handbags at dawn.
    Thanks for the heads up.watching it on plus one and wasn't going to bother watching after the main show

• Advertisement

mr bungle. wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up.watching it on plus one and wasn't going to bother watching after the main show

Worth tuning in for!!

Saw the fight kick off and I agree that Danielle is a miserable cow.
    She's preaching about religion, hates being around people who talk about sex and is trying to appear holier than thou..she can't seriously expect full-grown adults to stop talking about sex just because SHE'S uncomfortable with it.

She seems to be angry that she's up for nomination but surely she can see why?
    And fair play to Jale for taking her killer nomination on the chin.

I don't know why they've all taken against her; she seems lovely to me.
    Tamara, Winston, Matthew, Helen and Steven are all coming across as a clique now and it's a nasty clique.
    The public will see straight through that.

I wish Kimberly would stop sitting on the fence and I wish Pauline would lighten up-she's fast going to become public enemy number one if she carries on with her hatred of Jale.

And I cannot believe Tamara is only 24-she looks about 20 years older.

It's a very nasty clique isn't it? I thought the overt laughs and sniggers from them when the nominations were announced showed a really insidious pack mentality....

Danielle is a looper.

It's a very nasty clique isn't it? I thought the overt laughs and sniggers from them when the nominations were announced showed a really insidious pack mentality....

Danielle is a looper.

I noticed that and thought it was really spiteful.
    It's funny how, only a few days in and we're already seeing people's true colours.

Personally I cannot see what Jale has done to deserve the hatred from so many people.

I reckon Christopher (the Northern Irish lad) is going to turn out to be a decent sort...just got that vibe from him tonight.
    Bit below the belt for Helen to call Danielle ugly...I don't like Danielle at all but calling her names is going to make the public turn against Helen.

Christopher has to be careful to avoid being the go between, there were a few times thus evening he seemed prone to flitting from one group to the next.

Yes, most have clearly ganged up on Jale. It's all down to Pauline ultimately.

I like Chris!

Just saw an exclusive clip there on BBOTS with Helen refusing to accept Danielle's apology and the way she came across just proves that now she has a pass to the final, she really doesn't care about who likes her or not.

What's puzzling me is how Danielle has let the mask slip so soon. Only yesterday or the day before she was upset because of the bad language being used by the group and yet she's been swearing like a navvy.
    She's claiming to be a virgin and getting upset about all the sex talk and yet she talks dirty to men on webcam and poses semi nude in lad's mags, talking about how much she loves sex.

Something's really not right at all. I'm at a complete loss as to why she's made herself out to be someone completely different inside the house to who she is outside the house.

I thought Jale took the killer nomination really well and it was a shame Pauline just sat there hard faced and didn't even make an effort to talk to her about it.

Really hope Danielle goes this week.

Something's really not right at all. I'm at a complete loss as to why she's made herself out to be someone completely different inside the house to who she is outside the house.

Because she dated an ex-housemate who did the exact same thing and made it to the top two.

bopper wrote: »
    Because she dated an ex-housemate who did the exact same thing and made it to the top two.

Fair point, although Dexter's all over twitter publicly dissing (and exposing) her.

I just find it strange to tell such obvious lies to the voting public when she's previously sold stories to the press about her sexual antics, so her lies are all out in the open for everyone to see.

It's such a weird strategy from her. I just don't get it!

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if you noticed (or if in fact I am imagining things) but on two occasions during the altercation last night, Danielle had a suggestion of a smile playing around her mouth.

I also thought it was hilarious that she was swearing like a drunken navvy when she'd been so vehemently opposed to others doing it.

They talk every year about a "mole" or a BB plant so I'm wondering if they've actually done this, unbeknownst to the public as well? If they have it's pretty rubbish considering she's quite obviously everything she says she is not.

Either that OR she misguidedly thought she could get away with being Miss Holier than Thou. It's entertaining to see the mask slip so quickly. :D

Advertisement