Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete savings and ticketmaster ?

Options
  • 18-05-2014 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the deal is with this crowd ?

Was buying ED Sheeran tickets and they came up offering €15 off my next ticketmaster purchase

https://www.completesavings.ie/Home/Default.rails

Catch is you have to pay a €12 membership fee but the first 30 days are free.

I'm planning on getting Biffy Clyro tickets also so getting €15 off them would be pretty sweet

So I was thinking of ordering the Biffy tickets now and claiming back the €15 and cancelling my membership before the 30 days are up and thus not having to pay the fee

Has anyone done this before ? Is it possible ?

Or is taking ages to refund the cash and having you pay the €12 fee before they do their game ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Anyone know what the deal is with this crowd ?

Was buying ED Sheeran tickets and they came up offering €15 off my next ticketmaster purchase

https://www.completesavings.ie/Home/Default.rails

Catch is you have to pay a €12 membership fee but the first 30 days are free.

I'm planning on getting Biffy Clyro tickets also so getting €15 off them would be pretty sweet

So I was thinking of ordering the Biffy tickets now and claiming back the €15 and cancelling my membership before the 30 days are up and thus not having to pay the fee

Has anyone done this before ? Is it possible ?

Or is taking ages to refund the cash and having you pay the €12 fee before they do their game ?

Look at the terms and conditions, they'll probably say it'll take 30 days to cancel your membership, so you'll be forced to pay the 12 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Look at the terms and conditions, they'll probably say it'll take 30 days to cancel your membership, so you'll be forced to pay the 12 euro.

http://www.completesavings.ie/Features/Common/TOSMembership.rails

Doesnt say anything about how long it takes to cancel but does say once you cancel all benefits etc are terminated

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Steer clear. Was listening to a radio program about two months ago and someone wrote into a consumer show complaining about this crowd and a lot of similar calls followed! Can't remember details but it's a direct debit every month anyway and hard to get out of from what I remember. Read the small print v carefully

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭barryf42

this is an ad hoc selling scam - preferred partner status etc - ticket master are offering a e10 discount but to avail of you have to sign up for e12 per month. where is the minimum term stipulated and what is the cancellation period for termination.
    buried in the small print will be a termination clause within a standard clause - set to catch you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I got the same offer a few weeks ago, considered it and said no thanks.

Ticketmaster are making enough money through their normal rip off practices than to be getting involved in this lark.

• Advertisement
Advertisement