Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want to share a Netflix account?

Options
  • 18-05-2014 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

We could take turns paying and save loads of money! I'm figuring we'd need to be in the same county with regards IP addresses maybe. Pretty sure this is all legal also! PM me if interested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

So you want to save 4 euro per month.

Wow you are cheap.

You would both need to agree on times you wont to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    So you want to save 4 euro per month.

Wow you are cheap.

You would both need to agree on times you wont to watch it.

Yeah I want to save €48 a year. What's it to you?? :confused:

Condition 7(a) - account holders shall not reveal the password to others...

https://www.netflix.com/TermsOfUse

Not sure they'd care too much, particularly where say people who are partners might share an account. Just not sure they want to open this up to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I agree with the benefits of pooling for certain things (commuting by car, school drop offs, lawn mower sharing etc) but Netflix is really not ideal for sharing with strangers is it, particularly for the miniscule savings? I'm annoyed to even share it with my partner!!:)

A lot the appeal of Netflix is that you can watch what you want, when you want, where you want for as long as you want (i'm thinking Breaking Bad or House of Cards binge fests). It would defeat the purpose knowing I had to compromise this just for the sake of saving 92 cent a week. There are a lot of things I waste my money on but the 6.99 a month (cheaper than a single cinema ticket or 2 pints) I spend on Netflix isn't one of them!

I'd be surprised you'd find any takers for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

More than one person can watch netflix at the same time ya know,...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

More than one person can watch netflix at the same time ya know,...

Yeah agreed, basic account allows for 2 people to be on at once and the upper package allows for 4 at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

You can have up to 3/4 users on a Netflix account

I share it with my mate who allows me to use his sky go

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You can have up to 3/4 users on a Netflix account

I share it with my mate who allows me to use his sky go

Has the price increases for HD and stuff been brought in yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

I'm up for this.. I was thinking we could do it on a Per annum basis? As you came up with the idea i will let you pay the first years fees and i will sort out the second year. Let me know what you think OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

danwhite88 wrote: »
    I'm up for this.. I was thinking we could do it on a Per annum basis? As you came up with the idea i will let you pay the first years fees and i will sort out the second year. Let me know what you think OP

I'll cover the third year so mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Fieldog wrote: »
    Has the price increases for HD and stuff been brought in yet?

I've had netflix since it was first introduced to Ireland, so still pay €7 monthly

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

I'll cover the third year so mate!

Nice one. Think of the savings were going to make. I'll PM my bank details so you can take my share out for the third year.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

If you want to save money why dont you just download illegally.

I presume sharing netflix is also illegal .

And does the person sharing with you have access to your credit card details.

Not sure it is illegal but does appear to be a breach of contract, a breach that they may tolerate within households, but not sure about the merits of advertising it on a site!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

If you want to save money why dont you just download illegally.

And does the person sharing with you have access to your credit card details.

Oh aye they will get the fbi after you :P

No the person wont have access to your details, if someone on here were to be doing it I suggest used an O2 card for the sole purpose of paying netflix and have a Standing order setup by everyone to pay it.

I borrow netflix the every so often off the GF's family and it works fine you dont need to be in the same house or city for it to work

OP here, I found someone to share with. Never realised so many would be offended by the idea. Strange.

kaji wrote: »
    Never realised so many would be offended by the idea. Strange.

So many?

I can count one poster who was a little mean to you.

Good man.

kaji wrote: »
    Good man.

You've got your Netflix and recovered from your bout of martyrdom because one person on the internet was mean.

So yeah, it's good all round!

Advertisement