Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AH Euro Election thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I'm no fan of SF at all but they have got to be better than the parasites and liars that are FG /FF/Lab

You sound as if your a supporter of one of the above.

More austerity anyone :rolleyes:

I'm a supporter of sensible, realistic polices that bring us out of the mess the current government inherited. They have done a pretty decent job so far and hats off to Labour for putting the placards aside for a bit and behaving like responsible adults.
    But you vote for whichever fantasy/bull**** brigade you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

First Up wrote: »
    I'm a supporter of sensible, realistic polices that bring us out of the mess the current government inherited. They have done a pretty decent job so far and hats off to Labour for putting the placards aside for a bit and behaving like responsible adults.

You sound as if your living in some parallel universe, this Government are even worse than the last lot, mass emigration and still mass unemployment but because so many have emigrated the numbers on the live register drop they try and pass it off as job creation.

Austerity and cuts galore , bail out banks and the rich get richer and your average working man suffers , people cannot take any more of this.

I know numerous people who might have previously voted for FF /FG or Lab who will not be again they are cut from the same cloth, parasites , crooks and liars and major change is needed to get away from this vicious merry go around.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    You sound as if your living in some parallel universe, this Government are even worse than the last lot, mass emigration and still mass unemployment but because so many have emigrated the numbers on the live register drop they try and pass it off as job creation.

Austerity and cuts galore , bail out banks and the rich get richer and your average working man suffers , people cannot take any more of this.

I know numerous people who might have previously voted for FF /FG or Lab who will not be again they are cut from the same cloth, parasites , crooks and liars and major change is needed to get away from this vicious merry go around.

Off you go so, and don't let reality get in the way. Burn a few effigies while you are at it. It won't help anything but it will make you feel better and sure that's all that matters.

Off you go so, and don't let reality get in the way. Burn a few effigies while you are at it. It won't help anything but it will make you feel better and sure that's all that matters.

Typical resorting to insults, I'm telling it as it is here and now.

Why are the polls showing major support for Independents there's a reason for that, people have had enough of this shambolic bunch of parasites and liars in government.

You'll see next week when Labour take a severe pounding and the other 2 will suffer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Meh, I'm stuck between spoiling my ballet with #DeVoreForEurope or just voting for the Green candidate just so I have a tiny amount of influence in the election.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Birroc wrote: »
    They are working hard on the grass roots again and appearing sufficiently "humble".

After the damage Fianna Fail did to the country, no amount of appearing "humble" should be sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Ming is the least worst candidate for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Don't know who to vote for yet.
    I'm finding it hard to find a "non-liar".

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I usually brush up before anything that requires a vote, but this time I honestly don't even know who's running...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Backfired how? Either people will vote shinner because they agree with them or because they don't like the Indos take on it. The former reason is legit - very stupid , but legit. The latter is perverse. Your analysis seems to be closer to the latter.

Just SF, or any other political party you don't agree with?

Way to go with the generalisation though.

Haven't the troika been pulling the strings though this last three years:confused:

That's what the coalition tell us with every unpopular "decision".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Are you serious? Labour are an absolute joke. I voted for them in the last election and never again. They're a shower of doormats. And to think there was a time when people were talking about Eamon Gilmore becoming Taoiseach. Christ. I hope they take a hammering in the next election.

I'd never vote Fine Gael or Fianna Fail either, they're interchangeable as far as I can see.

I'll be giving Matt Carthy and Ming my votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Anyone got their voting cards yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Why are forums like this always populated with shinners? Any time there is a poll they need to justify their existence by flocking to it to vote for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Why are forums like this always populated with shinners? Any time there is a poll they need to justify their existence by flocking to it to vote for themselves.

Are people who are going to vote Sinn Fein not allowed to express that opinion in a public forum? Why do non-Sinn Fein voters collectively sh*t themselves any time it's even suggested that Sinn Fein might do well in an election? It's getting boring, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Never ever ever underestimate the SF electioneering machine. They are unreal. They will try every trick in the book and their supporters are fanatic.

It must be a bit like the FG shills on the Austerity threads then. There solely to back each other up.
    And i'm not a shinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Anybody who is not that slim ball Ming.

Just SF, or any other political party you don't agree with?

Way to go with the generalisation though.

Haven't the troika been pulling the strings though this last three years:confused:

That's what the coalition tell us with every unpopular "decision".

And a good job too. If I was lending a bankrupt county €150 billion to keep the lights on, I think I'd impose a few conditions - especially looking at the level of economic and political maturity on display in forums like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Never ever ever underestimate the SF electioneering machine. They are unreal. They will try every trick in the book and their supporters are fanatic.

Maybe Red C are tweaking their popularity figures too

http://www.newstalk.ie/Support-For-Labour-Drops

The truth is, the people are sick of "Labour and the Civil War Parasites"(sounds like a crap band i know)

(and before you ask i've never voted SF)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

And a good job too. If I was lending a bankrupt county €150 billion to keep the lights on, I think I'd impose a few conditions - especially looking at the level of economic and political maturity on display in forums like this.

Yeah, but if FF were still in power (God forbid) they would have accomplished the same results. (seeing as the troika made the decisons).

FG, in opposition, claimed FF weren't giving away enough.

Don't you remember?

I certainly do.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but if FF were still in power (God forbid) they would have accomplished the same results. (seeing as the troika made the decisons).

Don't you remember?

I certainly do.

If there';s one word to connect all those guys its ARROGANCE.

Are you serious? Labour are an absolute joke. I voted for them in the last election and never again. They're a shower of doormats. And to think there was a time when people were talking about Eamon Gilmore becoming Taoiseach. Christ. I hope they take a hammering in the next election.

I'd never vote Fine Gael or Fianna Fail either, they're interchangeable as far as I can see.

I'll be giving Matt Carthy and Ming my votes.

Labour has done the country a great service, which history will in time come to acknowledge. The country was left in a disastrous state by FF/Greens and it is obvious that most posters here have not a clue about how bad it was and how dire things might have been.
    Labour joined in government, knowing that that it offered the only prospect of stable, credible government in a time of crisis. They did what had to be done, knowing it would not be popular. They have helped bring us back from the brink of disaster and returned the country to a path to growth and prosperity. Politicians and civil servants have worked impossible hours and sacrificed their family lives, social lives and in the case of politicians,.probably their careers to do the country a service.
    I'm sure this will be ridiculed and disparaged but it needs saying. I am not a Labour voter but this time, I will be, even while the lynch mob does its thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Comfreycream

Carthy Matt S/Fein & then Ming 'the merciless'. Independent newspaper helped me come the decision.

Don't you remember?

I certainly do.

Yeah I remember one almighty giveaway budget, cant remember which year but it was the one where they government gave every child €1000 per annum on top of the child benefit. There were gifts for everyone and tax cuts galore. I wondered what the opposition were going to say. And then Bruton stood up and said they hadn't gone far enough and listed a few more things they could have done. It was unreal.

Labour has done the country a great service, which history will in time come to acknowledge. The country was left in a disastrous state by FF/Greens and it is obvious that most posters here have not a clue about how bad it was and how dire things might have been.
    Labour joined in government, knowing that that it offered the only prospect of stable, credible government in a time of crisis. They did what had to be done, knowing it would not be popular. They have helped bring us back from the brink of disaster and returned the country to a path to growth and prosperity. Politicians and civil servants have worked impossible hours and sacrificed their family lives, social lives and in the case of politicians,.probably their careers to do the country a service.
    I'm sure this will be ridiculed and disparaged but it needs saying. I am not a Labour voter but this time, I will be, even while the lynch mob does its thing.

Name one positive thing that Joan Burton did. I know she spent decades moaning from the opposition benches but name one positive thing she did in government. I remember her big issue in opposition was means testing child benefit. Did she do that? She has a massive welfare budget, how did she improve it?

At least Quinn took on the teachers and the Roman church's hold on our education system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Labour = U-turn.

The voters will show them how appreciated they really are.

Yes it was and the FG /Labour coalition has made it much much worse with austerity and cuts galore, Burton and Gilmore and their lackeys are pathological liars, they disgust me.

You'll see for yourself how they all come out of it this time next week, a severe pounding.

One thing is for sure, SF have their eye on all the disillusioned Labour voters.

• Advertisement

If this FG/Labour Government are doing so well how come they are afraid to canvass the people? Why are they not out there explaining all their good work to the people at the doors?

None of them came to my door in Dundalk as yet.
    I can only put it down to fear.

Advertisement