Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soccermanager & the WC!!!

Options
  • 18-05-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

Before world cup fever takes hold of us, just wondering what peoples hopes are for the tournament in regards to their own SM players!!!

For me, my great hope is Smalling...... Hrs about the only one I have going! Future world cups for my players me thinks!

The biggest disappointment is that Firmino is not included, he's the sort of player that could light up that tournament... I also can't believe Fellaini is going and Nainggolan is not!!!! GT sort that out!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

As an England fan I'll be hoping and praying that Chris Smalling doesn't get near the pitch.

I'm looking for Rossi to have a good tournament. After the England game, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    As an England fan I'll be hoping and praying that Chris Smalling doesn't get near the pitch.

I'm looking for Rossi to have a good tournament. After the England game, anyway.

Got to the 4th word and gave up :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Go on the Swiss!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

C'mon Belgium ...

Strong first 11 but a little weak beyond that, also thing apart from getting an relatively easy group / location, it will get exponentially more difficult directly after the group stages, could possibly have to get passed Germany or Portugal in the last 16, Argentina, Bosnia, France or Nigeria in the last 8, ...

I think this might be one tournament too soon for my lads to shine!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

WC
    ???

307714.jpeg

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    ???

307714.jpeg

Now THAT would be a topic :D:D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ever since I watched Ecuador face off against the mighty Italy in the 2002 World Cup, and putting on a good show (despite losing 3-0 (I think)), I have always had a place in my heart for them. They've a handy enough squad this year too, and a fairly manageable group in which they have a realistic prospect of progressing!

Wilberto wrote: »
    Ever since I watched Ecuador face off against the mighty Italy in the 2002 World Cup, and putting on a good show (despite losing 3-0 (I think)), I have always had a place in my heart for them. They've a handy enough squad this year too, and a fairly manageable group in which they have a realistic prospect of progressing!

I presume your talking about Italy :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I presume your talking about Italy :pac::pac::pac:

Naw, Italy are far to boring and mainstream!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

Romero and Mitroglou to have a few good games and maybe Destro to come on and nick one or two for Italy. That seems to be the best i can hope for

• Advertisement

As a result of recent transfer activity I will now be supporting Brazil for the WC!

Hoping that Neymar can lead them to victory on home soil and get a ratings boost!!!!

Also, have J Bosteng and Pjanic to make the WC more enjoyable for me!!

2 days to go........

Any more thoughts on this????

Nope. Is it just me or is it being overshadowed slightly by......something. I don't know what though. Possible all the calls for an investigation into the corruption at FIFA. Or maybe the news is just full up with the mass grave of dead babies up in Tuam. Or maybe I'm just looking at the wrong places!! :D

I'm sure I'll get into it when it starts up though, as ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Yeah I'm pretty meh about it so far. Have the misses in my ear saying she's boycotting it because of all the crap going on over there and in Qatar. She asked would I boycott it.... got a good laugh outta that one! :D

Really hoping I get in the swing of things when it kicks off Thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Bubbling with anticipation here but then my team are present an accounted for ...

So long as the maaad brasilians dont kidnap the squad or anything!!

Advertisement