Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water in d15 or just par for the course?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭root69

Zaph wrote: »
    A charge based on typical consumption for your residence type will only be applied to apartments or houses with no meters fitted. However everyone else will pay based on their metered consumption.

You are correct. I have edited my post and took out my incorrect assumptions.
    added couple of interesting links and a quote of the quality/price topic.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90543139&postcount=30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I agree. If the water quality is so poor that I have to buy bottled water because what comes out of the tap is undrinkable, then why can't I offset the cost of what I spend on bottled water against my water charges?

In D15 you can't drink water from your tap?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ThisRegard wrote: »
    In D15 you can't drink water from your tap?

I'm sure it's perfectly safe to drink, but I choose not to because it's pretty unpalatable. It's certainly nothing like as nice to drink as the water in other parts of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I'm sure it's perfectly safe to drink, but I choose not to because it's pretty unpalatable. It's certainly nothing like as nice to drink as the water in other parts of Dublin.

I have to agree, we buy bottled water (albeit the cheap stuff) for that very reason, funnily enough though its grand in tea or coffee, I actually prefer it to the water here in the city centre where I work.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I find it fine to drink, although we have a britta filter anyway which we use. I've lived in areas where the water came from the mountains and it was great, but I've also lived in areas where it's mank. I don't think our water is bad though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It tastes horrible. I remember the first time I cooked pasta in it. The pasta took on the flavour of the water. I was living in a different county at the time and visiting D15 for the weekend and I couldn't believe the difference. Bottled water isn't too expensive, but it's not an expense people should have if they're paying for their tap water too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I drink and cook with the water all the time. No problems for me.

Just that bloody shower door :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

amdublin wrote: »
    I drink and cook with the water all the time. No problems for me.

Just that bloody shower door :D

WD40... trust me!!:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement