Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2012 Mondeo or Passat

Options
  • 18-05-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

looking at either 2012 Mondeo 2l or 2012 Passat Bluemotion 1.6 both with 60k miles.

Mondeo €2000.00 cheaper. any recommendation which to go with? what is mondeo like for mpg??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Not the 1.6 in the passat anyway. I'd personally have the mondeo, 2 litre is where you want to stay with it, more poke and power. I'd be hoping it's a Zetec or Titanium. Can't really comment on the mpg, but online they seem to be suggesting between 50 and 60mpg, I wouldn't take that as the gospel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

1.6 is gutless in the Passat. Just make sure they are decent spec, basic models of both cars are pretty grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I would pick the Mondeo get the 140 tdci if you can good engine be lot better then the 1.6 in passat for size of the car. As said get a Ghia or titanium model zetec at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Don't forget that the mk4.5 mondeo didn't have the ghia spec, it was discontinued in 2010.

Advertisement