Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you repeat an exam if you get a D?

• 18-05-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering can you repeat an exam if you got a D in it? A C3 is much better than a D.
    Also does anyone know how PA4002 affects one's QCA. In my student record it shows up as having only 6 credits like the other modules but I thought it was a pass/fail module much like Co-Op or Eramus.
    I've handed in all my assignments, so I pass it obviously but how is it graded?
    Thanks for any help provided.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yes, you can repeat exams you got D's in in August if you want. It's completely optional though, and there's no requirement to do so unless your QCA is below 2.0. If you're in first year, I wouldn't bother, otherwise you're right, it'd be better to get it up to the C3 if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Yes, you can repeat exams you got D's in in August if you want. It's completely optional though, and there's no requirement to do so unless your QCA is below 2.0. If you're in first year, I wouldn't bother, otherwise you're right, it'd be better to get it up to the C3 if you can.

I'm in third year and I have a qca of 3.08 before these exams from first and second year.
    This is the only third year exams I have done as I was away for Co-op and study abroad for end of year two and start of year 3.
    I'm fairly certain I will get a C3 (upon repeating), A2, A2 and a B3 from my 4 exams.
    Plus whatever way PA4002 is graded.
    I just have no idea how to work out my QCA and if its still possible to get a first class honours next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm in third year and I have a qca of 3.08 before these exams from first and second year.
    This is the only third year exams I have done as I was away for Co-op and study abroad for end of year two and start of year 3.
    I'm fairly certain I will get a C3 (upon repeating), A2, A2 and a B3 from my 4 exams.
    Plus whatever way PA4002 is graded.
    I just have no idea how to work out my QCA and if its still possible to get a first class honours next year.

Here's a QCA Calculator that was posted here a while back. Plug your grades in there and it should help you out. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Does anyone know if you repeat a D grade and it goes down do they just count the higher grade ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Done! :D
    Done about 5 hours ago but fell asleep...
    Must do this two day teaching course thing this weekend though so doesn't feel like I'm done yet... :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement