Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

htc m8 or samsung s5 or moto g

Options
  • 18-05-2014 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

My phone (htc one x) broke on me yesterday which is a pain in the arse. As it so happens I'm just out of conract with three and entitled to an upgrade. Ideally I would like a sony z2 but three doesn't carry it so I could upgrade to the galaxy s5 or htc m8. The thing is I'm not really a fan of the s5. It looks and feels flimsy and cheap and I'm not a fan of the touchwiz interface while the camera on the m8 is very sub par. However I've been really impressed with the moto g as a budget smartphone. I know the camera is the big drawback but that seems so be it. The benefit of the moto g is I could get it sim free from amazon for the cost of an upgrade and go for a cheaper monthly plan with the same package costing about half the price and or go pay as you go (cheaper again) without being locked into another two year cycle. With the money saved I could just buy a decent camera to carry around like the pentax q or something.

I'm really torn and need to make a decision asap arrrgh! Any help would be really appreciated.

Which phone should I get 14 votes

htc m8
    0% 0 votes
    samsung galaxy s5
    85% 12 votes
    moto g
    14% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I disagree with the statement that the camera on the m8 is sub par- mpix numbers are not the full picture so to speak.
    I agree with the statement that the s5 feels flimsy and also about the touchwiz ui.

I've taken great pictures for a year with the m7, and enjoy the fact that I don't feel the need to use a flash anymore.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

tipdrinker wrote: »
    My phone (htc one x) broke on me yesterday which is a pain in the arse. As it so happens I'm just out of conract with three and entitled to an upgrade. Ideally I would like a sony z2 but three doesn't carry it so I could upgrade to the galaxy s5 or htc m8. The thing is I'm not really a fan of the s5. It looks and feels flimsy and cheap and I'm not a fan of the touchwiz interface while the camera on the m8 is very sub par. However I've been really impressed with the moto g as a budget smartphone. I know the camera is the big drawback but that seems so be it. The benefit of the moto g is I could get it sim free from amazon for the cost of an upgrade and go for a cheaper monthly plan with the same package costing about half the price and or go pay as you go (cheaper again) without being locked into another two year cycle. With the money saved I could just buy a decent camera to carry around like the pentax q or something.

I'm really torn and need to make a decision asap arrrgh! Any help would be really appreciated.

Im sure your aware that the moto g wont be comparable to the other 2 spec wise, its actually my favourite phone of the 3, but i am a big sony fan, My advise would be to get the moto g sim free then go onto a 30 day sim only plan, no contract :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

For what its worth, the Moto g will be updated with an 8 gb version with LTE and an SD card slot at the end of June if you want to wait for that. The camera on it is nothing special as most people know so if snaps are important and you need a phone now I'd suggest going for the HTC m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

The M8's camera doesn't cut it to be fair as you can see here in a direct comparison to the S5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Get the moto g and a Sim from 48.IE they are free, 20 a month for the don all mobile all text 60 min land line and 5 gb internet un beatable save yourself a fortune trust me .

the s5 only has 8.5 gb internal memory and the Htc one m8 camera is Diarrhea !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement