Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood insurance in Drumcondra

Options
  • 18-05-2014 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at some houses in the Drumcondra region at the moment and wondered about home insurance for this area (including flood cover). I have read about flood defence work and wondered if flooding is still an issue?

Does anyone live near the Tolka River, and have you managed to get home insurance?

Has the area around the Tolka flooded since the flood defence works were completed?

Thanks! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I suspect the Tolka will always flood, especially when there is a confluence of high tide, easterly wind, low atmospheric pressure and sudden / continuous rain. As to whether it will affect a particular property will depend on location, floor height, etc.

The problem with any flood defences is that is risks pushing the flood elsewhere.

Perhaps make enquiries with the council and the OPW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Most drumcondra houses have only ever been flooded twice( I don't know if all of them flooded with hurricane Charlie) Once in the fifties and about 10 years ago. Only a small amount of the houses for flooded. Call an insurance company and ask if they quote the address you are interested in

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lillydub

Thanks! Will do :-)

Advertisement