Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry - test for anions!

• 18-05-2014 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello all the chemists!!
    I need help! Does anyone know a rhyme or anything to learn off the Tests of Anions? I hate them!!! They just don't stay in my head!
    Please if anyone knows one share!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

I don't have any rhymes or quotes but the only way I learned them was literally on a sheet of people writing down the anion on the left hand side and then literally just writing the needed chemicals and colour it turns

e.g.

Cl- : AgNO3 ... White Precipitate

and so on..
    Even at that they're a terror but you'll have to write them out again and again

Pretty sure someone told me this one before; it's a little fairy tale to remember one...
    The Princess Chlorine was trapped in solution. Suddenly her Silver Knight(rate) came along to release her (and the precipitate is formed).
    I'm sure there were more but I can only think of this little story :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lovebeat

yoyojc wrote: »
    I don't have any rhymes or quotes but the only way I learned them was literally on a sheet of people writing down the anion on the left hand side and then literally just writing the needed chemicals and colour it turns

e.g.

Cl- : AgNO3 ... White Precipitate

and so on..
    Even at that they're a terror but you'll have to write them out again and again

I know!! And they only ask 1 from all them!! -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lovebeat

Pretty sure someone told me this one before; it's a little fairy tale to remember one...
    The Princess Chlorine was trapped in solution. Suddenly her Silver Knight(rate) came along to release her (and the precipitate is formed).
    I'm sure there were more but I can only think of this little story :P

That actually helpful! Haha thanks man :)

Advertisement