Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Distribution Centre, Donabate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Daithi_2014

It is definitely the biggest eyesore in the country for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I can't remember the stats exactly but I think it was in the region of 70 trucks a day in and a similar amount of so plenty of road traffic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I can't remember the stats exactly but I think it was in the region of 70 trucks a day in and a similar amount of so plenty of road traffic.

I'd be quite surprised if it was as low as 70 trucks a day.........
    Aside from the traffic- its a work venue, like any other (think Ballycoolin or any major industrial estate). There are peak traffic movements- mostly relating to staffing- but its no longer a 24 hour venue (I think its closed between 24:00 and 06:00 now).

So- yes, you will have some large trucks- including fairly late in the evening- and you will have peak staff traffic in keeping with their shifts- but all-in-all, it looks like a reasonable, modern facility.

I don't imagine there are any abnormal pollution issues (what have you in mind?)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Thanks all for the input.
    When I said pollution, I mostly meant noise. I was concerned that if you lived a few hundred yards away there may be constant container unloading going on through the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭phone2000

The R132 is a busy road at the best of times, the extra traffic to and from the Distribution centre isn't really an issue. Noise pollution hasn't been adversely affected by the centre. The road is used quite a lot by trucks going north to Lusk, Rush and Skerries, there are also a few trucks going on to Balbriggan (M1 buiness park)

The distribution itself is set quite far back from the road and I have never noticed any particular extra noise from it.

There is quite a lot of light pollution from the centre at night, but again as it's quite far back it doesn't cause a huge issue. It's only an issue if your stargazing and even then the light fron the city centre has just as much an effect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement