Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does english have to be in my top 6?

• 18-05-2014 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I'm in fifth year. I've been reading up on qualifax on requirements for different courses and it's not really clear. You must pass english but it's not clear if it needs to be in the top 6. I'm doing 9 subjects in total, and I'm hoping to keep english and irish out of my top 6 (while still passing them). Is that possible and will most courses still allow for that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

AFAIK they don't have to be in your top 6 .The overall points are calculated on your best 6, but you are required to pass English,Irish and Maths to achieve your cert regardless. Some courses will have minimum entry requirements on top of your points for example you must obtain a grade of C in higher level English but these preconditions are usually listed with the course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah as outlined above, it doesn't have to be in your 'top 6', you just need to meet the matriculation requirements. Usually that's a pass, sometimes it's a HC3 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tornados2111

thanks guys

Advertisement