Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs you can do for just one day?

Options
  • 18-05-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

When I lived in Canada, I used to go to a day labor company. If a job came up you could take it and work just that day. Is there anything like that in Ireland? Where I can work a few hours and earn 50eur or so. I'm not looking for a part time job or anything.
    I'm just looking to put save a little spending money.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You could try contacting the people who do event management for places like the Aviva?

I've no idea who they are though

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Citizen2011

Movie Extra - maybe a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Movie Extra - maybe a day or two.

I got talking to a man who does this.
    He has been in Ripper street, the Vikings and a few other series. While we were talking he got 2 texts asking him to turn up for jobs.
    He didn't work anywhere else but said that if you were willing to go where and when they wanted you ( he travelled to Northern Ireland and all over the south)
    he reckoned he made good money.
    Also my son got €200 for being an extra in Bray for a day - he was in the bowling alley and had to get a smack in the back of the head from yer man from the "I don't know what a tracker mortgage is " ad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Register with temping agencies, it's likely that one of them has a light-industrial desk.

Advertisement