Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scopetronic homeguard help

Options
  • 18-05-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, thanks for the manual KoolKid however I think I still have a problem.
    After following the section to reset to factory default without engineers code, I have reach the section to enter the code 1234 and o should appear in the display however f2 is in the display and I cannot see the code f2 any where in the manual.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭squidgyimp

Hi, sorry worked out what f2 was, (removed LK1 jumper) however the code I'm stuck with is C3.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's one of the fuses. Possibly the external bell one. That would explain the tb fault.

HI KoolKid, just checked them as I thought that myself and all are good. confused with this C3 code though there's a F3 code in the manual but not C3.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you sure its no C E ?
    Thats command error. The keypad tamper should be open when entering engineer commands.

Yeah sorry CE and yeah thought that but its there with the keypad tamper open. Just tried to tried to revert back to factory settings with 29* but just keep getting CE code. Tried a couple of codes and all the same. CE.

• Advertisement

Hi, you see how the RKP must have its tamper switch open when place commands, how do you think the main panel should be. In the manual it just says remove panel lid, disconnect the power, remove the LK1 jumper, reapply power, etc.. but does not say whether to replace the panel lid or not. So do you think the panel tamper should be open or closed whilst messing with the keypad.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

squidgyimp wrote: »
    Hi, you see how the RKP must have its tamper switch open when place commands, how do you think the main panel should be. In the manual it just says remove panel lid, disconnect the power, remove the LK1 jumper, reapply power, etc.. but does not say whether to replace the panel lid or not. So do you think the panel tamper should be open or closed whilst messing with the keypad.

Regards

It doesn't matter all the Homeguard wants is the keypad tamper open, do you only have 1 keypad on that system?

Hi, yeah just the one keypad. I was thinking to do a factory reset, but not sure if that's wise now as would I be right in thinking that all the door and window sensor settings would be wiped and have to be re-installed.
    Basically initially I think the fault was dead battery but bell box tamper was also highlighted, so was looking to disable tamper without having to climb up to roof (temporarily) but also wanted to change pass code to my own.
    Starting from beginning now (just in case I did something wrong) so any suggestions would be great. Thanks

When you press and release the tamper spring on the keypad can you hear a click?

Edit; Don't default the panel until we can get it to recognise the keypad tamper in the open position otherwise you are snookered.

Yeah definitely a click, how ever I think there might be something wrong with the keypad itself as when you push the middle no.s, sometimes there's no response. I managed to program a new pass code with outer no.s but when trying 2 or 5 its hit or miss. I will take the keypad apart to see if there's dirt or what ever on the contacts of the no. pad.

Just assuming the keypad is defective, do you know if replacement keypads can be got for this alarm system or can any wired keypad work or will I be looking at a completely new system ?

• Advertisement

squidgyimp wrote: »
    Yeah definitely a click, how ever I think there might be something wrong with the keypad itself as when you push the middle no.s, sometimes there's no response. I managed to program a new pass code with outer no.s but when trying 2 or 5 its hit or miss. I will take the keypad apart to see if there's dirt or what ever on the contacts of the no. pad.

Just assuming the keypad is defective, do you know if replacement keypads can be got for this alarm system or can any wired keypad work or will I be looking at a completely new system ?

They went out of production in the mid to late nineties. The only keypad that will work with it is the Homeguard keypad identical to the one you have. Your only hope is that one of the installers on here has an old working one in stock.
    I am sorry but I don't. The problem which you have discovered was typical of those keypads.

Send out an SOS here you never know one of the lads just might have one in stock, if not then unfortunately you will have to replace the panel.

yeah got the keypad apart and sure enough there's a crack down the middle of the board of the no. pad. I must say what a bad design, there's metal strips protecting either side of the no. pad but nothing to support the middle so no wonder the were prone to break!!!!!.
    Will attempt to fix it but wont be easy so I am gonna do what you recommended Kub and put up an SOS and pray, you never know someone, somewhere might have one lying around at the bottom of a cupboard.

Thanks again KoolKid and Kub for your assistance, it was much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sullyjeremiah

Could someone please send me on the engineers manual for the scopetronic homeguard system. I need the engineers code also.

Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with manuals.
    These panels are obsolete .Contacting an installer would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Could someone please send me on the engineers manual for the scopetronic homeguard system. I need the engineers code also.

We cant help with codes or manuals.
    What problem are you having?

Advertisement