Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which line from a film do you find yourself quoting the most?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

After reading a lot of these posts i'm finding it hard to believe anyone says these aloud clearly the only line from a film anyone would ever say...and you all know its true is...

"That'll do pig, that'll do"

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,439 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

"A man's got to know his limitations."

I usually say it several times a day. To myself. Silently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

"Get to the Choppa"

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

I use "It's been a sincere sensation" all the time. I know it's Woody Allen, but I have actually forgotten the film - it could be "Broadway Danny Rose".

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭chessman

good old clint eastwood

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... [contemptuous laugh] Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears... in... rain. Time... to die..."

love the marty morrisy version as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzA_xesrL8

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

What was it called?
    "Something of the something."
    No, that's the other one.
    This was just plain "Something." from Hitchcock's Rope

Maria...what is it you can't face? (in a bad Austrian accent) Sound of Music

Beuller? Beuller? etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

The line "So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause." is utterly brilliant and unervingly true for nearly every dictatorship and social conditioning apparatus in history

Padme in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

By god George you had brilliant goosebumping inducing visions in your head and we only saw tiny glimpses of what could have been actually ferment in reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Sometimes I assume people will recognize sections of dialogue from films, quote it and things don't always go to plan :p

Reminds me of a mate of mine who was at a wedding reception and well gone. During the dinner (with his ex g/f, her parents and her brothers, all sitting at the table) they were both lightheartedly asked (by one of the brothers): 'So, will you two will be giving us a niece or nephew anytime soon or what". To which my mate, in his foolish ill-advised drunken state slowly began starring at his g/f's stomach and then in a low monotone voice mumbled: 'Her womb, is so polluted.. I can't even have a likkle kid with her mang"... and then he started laughing. Apparently though, he was the only one doing so and the family never spoke to him again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

"When you gotta go, you gotta go"

philosophy. Never has a statement summed up the human condition so greatly. Utter brilliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

"Deserve's got nothin' to do with it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

"If you close your eyes, it almost feels like you're eating runny eggs"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

"Gentlemen, lets broaden our minds"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,579 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

biketard wrote: »
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means”

I use that quite a bit, very very useful, and all the better when the half wit doesn't have a clue what you're talking about.

Also "Drop.. Your... SWORD" comes up somehow.

And, whenever a mate and I are in the pictures and up comes a movie trailer with Matt Damon, one inevitably has to say "Matt Damon!" as in Team America

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭biketard

Ha ha. I do that Matt Damon (MATT DAMON!) one too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

All of Napoleon Dynamite. When I'm on the computer and an aggravating situation arises with someone in the room :
    'Napoleon, dont be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day.'

I always use:
    'Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? ' Because I usually wear like dresses and cardigans it's it just works hahaha :P
    Man that whole film I pretty much always quote. When someone has something cool :
    'Shocks. Pegs. Luckyyyyyyyyy,....'
    And of course 'Whatever I frickin wanna do. Gosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Whenever i fart and people know it and comment, I quote The Matrix by saying "You think that's air your breathing".

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Adamantium wrote: »
    The line "So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause." is utterly brilliant and unervingly true for nearly every dictatorship and social conditioning apparatus in history

Padme in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

By god George you had brilliant goosebumping inducing visions in your head and we only saw tiny glimpses of what could have been actually ferment in reality.

I remember seeing that the first time and thinking "did I just hear a really good line of dialogue written by George Lucas?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Did the primary buffer panel just fall off?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

"Multipass!"

:)

For best effect I like to say it randomly, a propos of nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

"Why should I deny myself the pleasure of a ride or two?" - Mission Impossible II

"Because she's got a (pause) GREAT ASS. And you've got your head ALL the way up it!" - Heat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

"Ogres have layers"
    "We can stay up late, swap manly stories, and in the morning, I'm making waffles!"

"I'm in a glass case of emotion"
    "Don't act like you're not impressed"
    "Baxter, you know I don't speak Spanish!" (I am a Spanish translator so I get particular kicks outta that one)

Monty Python -
    "Help, help! I'm being repressed!"
    "Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries

Also a LOT of Mean Girls -

"She doesn't even go here!"
    "Get in loser, we're going shopping."
    "That's why her hair is so big. It's full of SECRETS."
    "She's a life ruiner, she ruins people's lives!"
    "Oh my god that was ONE TIME!"
    "Boo, you whore"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Rose Byrne in Sunshine (2007)

Cassie: I know the argument. I know the logic. You're saying you need my vote. I'm saying you can't have it.

Here's the whole scene for context SPOILERS

Mace: When the Icarus Two was broken apart from Icarus One, there's something we weren't thinking about. The computer was down. The airlock was decoupled manually.
    Corazon: I was on the flight deck with Cassie the whole time.
    Capa: And I was with Mace and Searle in the observation room.
    Mace: And I think we can all... assume it wasn't Harvey. That leaves one possibility.
    Corazon: Trey.
    Capa: But why would Trey do it? He blames everything on himself, he sleeps twenty-three hours a day, he's clinically depressed... Why'd he do it?
    Mace: We don't know, but we can't discard it as a possibility.
    Corazon: And there's something else.
    [slides forward a piece of paper]
    Corazon: With Searle and Harvey gone, we lost two breathers. We have enough oxygen for four crew to make it to the payload delivery point.
    Capa: So we'll do it.
    Mace: I'll do it. I'm not passing any bucks.
    Corazon: Well, then...
    Mace: We'll vote this time. Unanimous decision required.
    [pause]
    Mace: Well, you know where I stand.
    Corazon: [draws back the piece of paper] And me.
    Mace, Corazon: [look at Capa]
    Capa: What are you asking? That we weigh the life of one man versus the future of all mankind?
    [pause]
    Capa: Kill him.
    Mace: [looks at Cassie] Cassie...
    Cassie: [a tear slides down her face] No.
    Mace: Cassie...
    Cassie: I know the argument. I know the logic. You're saying you need my vote. I'm saying you can't have it.
    Mace: [long pause]
    [gets up]
    Mace: Sorry, Cassie...
    Cassie: [crying] Oh God... Make it easy for him. Somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!
    - Mean Girls

"Do you like guacamole?"
    - Step Brothers

"Go ahead and go. Go ahead and go"

"Show me the money!"

"The f**kin zoo's closed, Ray"
    - Jerry Maguire

"What's with you kid? You think the death of Sammy Davis left an opening in The Rat Pack? If anything should happen to my daughter, I got a .45 and a shovel. I doubt anyone would miss you"

"Do you prefer Fashion Victim or Ensembly Challenged?"

"You're a virgin who can't drive"
    - Clueless

"Are you crying? Are you CRYING?! There's no crying in BASEBALL!"
    -A League of their own

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Either

Game over man, game over!

Or

Leeloo Dallas, Multipass

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

Maybe,Maybe not,Maybe fúck yourself.